‹ Prequel: The Battle of Perfecto

Into the Pensieve: Of Blood and Snow

8

Escorted by the Imperiused wolves and the Aurors-in-training, the vampires made their way into the forest clearing where Rosalie, Emmett and Jasper were bound. None of the wizards and the witch knew what had become of Don Rage, but the fact that the Imperius Curse was still in effect meant that he was at least still alive.

There were already Aurors guarding the bound vampires. However, there was no Don Rage and, as Renesmee noticed, no Jacob either.

The superior wizards nodded at the trainees approvingly, and quickly relieved them of their quarry and escorted them to a Healer’s tent.

“Where’s Don Rage?” Dave asked. He was lying down, and a Healer was slowly lowering his head on a basin of dittany. The healing effect of the potion on his scalp wound caused him to breathe a long sigh of relief.

The Auror with them in the tent shook his head. “We received your Patronus and travelled as quickly as we could. When we arrived, all we found were the vamps already tied up. You guys made a fast job, restraining those three.”

“Fast?” Pryce said, wincing as the Skele-Gro did its work to mend her broken arm. “It felt like it went on forever.”

“But where’s Don Rage?” Junix said, drinking his own dose of Skele-Gro.

“To be honest, we were expecting him to be coming with you,” the Auror said.

The three trainees looked at each other, but no sooner had they voiced out guesses when they heard an earsplitting scream from outside the tent.