The Time We Share

Chapter 16 ...is a chore for each of the couples.

"Mikey, you need to tell him...." Sarah said to Mikey.

-door to Mikey's house open and shut-

"Tell me what?" Ray asked, as he had caught the last of the conversation.
"TELL HIM!" Sarah said, pushing Mikey to Ray.
"Tell me what?" Ray asked, slightly giggling.
"Ray...why don't we go for a drive...this is going to take a while." Mikey said, grabbing his Smashing Pumpkins hoodie.

Ray shrugged, headed out, started up the car, and waited for his love to come out of the house.
"You going to be okay?" Sarah asked, handing Mikey his messanger bag.
"Yah...Is my cell and stuff in there?" Mikey asked, mainly refering to his cell and camera.
"Yep. It's all in there. Call me if ANYTHING goes wrong. Understand?" Sarah said.
Mikey just smiled, nodded, gaver her a reassuring hug, and headed out for Ray's car.

"So, where to?" Ray asked.
"Let's go to your place...or is Kyle home?" Mikey asked.
"No, he's not. Jamtin is...and so is Susan. That's why I came over. They want you guys to join the band. Romantic Chemicals still needs a singer and a bass guitarist. I know Gerard is already pumped about being in the position of Lead Singer. Do you want to do bass?" Ray asked.
"HELLZ YA!" Mikey beamed. He'd been playing bass...since before he was potty trained. Yes, Mikey is OBSESSED with his guitar. That...and Unicorns...

"So, do you want to talk to them or do you want to head out somewhere else first?" Ray asked.
"Somewhere else, first. Hmmm.....how about Burt's place? He said he was going out of town for a little while. We can hang out there. Sarah's going to be at my place for a while, mainly to update my laptop with all this new software and stuff like that." Mikey said.
"Then Burt's place it is." Ray said, smiling.

When they pulled into the driveway, Mikey got his things as Ray turned the key and pulled it out of the ignition.
The boys headed inside and upstairs to the greenery. (Burt's parents had this room FULL of herbs, seeing as they were MAJOR 'plant huggers' rather than tree huggers, and it always smelled good. They kept insense burning in there, as well as music playing, to help the plants' herbal strength be at their peak)

"Okay. So, what do you want to talk about?" Ray asked, plopping down on a pile of pillows.
Mikey sat beside him, snuggled up, and wrapped his arms around Ray from Ray's left.
"Mikey...." Ray chuckled, as Mikey burried his face in Ray's side.
"I'm pah-g-hnt" was all that Ray understood of what Mikey said.
"What? Mikey...I can't understand a WORD of what you're saying..." Ray said.
"I'm...I'm..." Mikey began, his eyes whelling up.

"Mikey...are you...are you breaking up with me?" Ray said, his eyes also whelling up.
"NO! God, no!" Mikey said.
"Then...what is it? Did you do something and get into some trouble?" Ray asked.
"No...no, that's not it..." Mikey said, looking away.
"Then what IS it?" Ray asked.

Mikey got up, started to pace the room, and just sighed.
"Mikey....?" Ray asked, watching his love walk about, twiddling his fingers, playing with his zipper, and tears streaking his face.
"I'm...I'm....I'm PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!" Mikey blurted out at once, hardly believeing that he ACTUALLY said it at long last.

"You're...you're pregant?" Ray asked, seeming quite doubtful.
"Ray....I don't know HOW it happened...but I'm like a strange hermaphrodite morph or something. When you and I had sex, my dick reversed and....instead of my ass....you entered my vag." Mikey said.
"But...Mikey... You're serious about this...aren't you..." Ray asked, taking it in.
"YOU THINK I'D LIE ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS?!" Mikey screamed in a shrill cry.
"No...no, I don't. Please, calm down. I was just thinking out loud is all..." Ray said, trying to calm Mikey down.

Though their future wasn't set in stone yet, one thing was for sure...
Ray was going to be a father...and so was Mikey.