Status: Active, but still deciding. Keep or Kill? Let me know.

I Wonder What It's Like to Be Love by You

Prologue

Slowly people started to walk away, softly mumbling about how “beautiful the ceremony had been” and about “that poor family” and “how young she was”, until eventually the only people left were the three teenagers.

The girl rested her head against the curly haired boy shoulder, who wrapped an arm around her waist. “I can’t believe she’s gone.” She whispered, a few remaining tears rolled down her cheek. “It’s not fair, why did this have to happen to her!” She sobbed and buried her face into the slightly taller boy’s chest.

“What did the police say happened?” The other boy asked, speaking for the first time since they arrived at the graveyard, shaking his blond hair out of his face. “They say it was an accident. The road was slippery because of the rain and she simply…. lost control.” The older boy answered. The blond nodded. “Right….” He said, before trailing off, like he wasn’t sure about the things he’d just heard.

The girl unwrapped herself from around the dark haired boy. “What do you mean with that!?” She said in a harsh voice. The blond took a step back. “Calm down. I’m just saying that maybe it wasn’t a accident after all….”

His slightly vague answer was enough to make the girl explode. “Are you saying she did this to herself?” She screamed. “Because she didn’t! She would never do that!” She turned around to the curly haired brunette. “You know she didn’t right?” She asked softly.

“I…” The boy stammered. “I don’t know. Maybe… I just.” “How can you even say that! You know she would never hurt anyone, especially not her unborn baby!” The girl screamed. The boy frowned. “Maybe she thought this was the only way out!” He said angrily. “You weren’t there when she found out! She was desperate for it not to be true. She knew she wouldn’t be able to raise that baby alone! And I knew she would rather die than give it up! She loved that baby more than anything.”

The girl shook her head. “Stop it! Just shut up! Shut up!” She cried. “She wasn’t going to be alone! She had us! Don’t tell me you wouldn’t have helped her!” “Of course I would! I loved that baby too, but she was beyond comprehending!”

But the girl refused to believe that her best friend was really gone, let alone that she did it herself. “No! No! No!” She cried. “She’s not dead! She can’t be!”Pounding her fists against the older boy’s chest, not strong enough for it to even hurt. He grabbed her wrist and forced her to look up at him. “She’s gone! Don’t you get it!?” He didn’t want to be so angry at her, but his own grief was taking over everything else.

The girl struggled in his grip and managed to break it. She stumbled backwards and ran. The blond watched her as she run towards the exit of the graveyard. “You want me to go after her?” He asked but the older boy shook his head. “No. She needs to be alone for a while, as do I.” The blond nodded. “Sure man, take care. I’ll guess I see you later….” He said and began walking the same way the girl had done earlier.

Not long after the dark haired boy was sitting in his room. In his hand an envelope with his name on it. He’d found it in her bag when he accidently knocked it over in the hospital. He still hadn’t opened it. Afraid of what it might say.

With shaking hands he opened the letter. His eyes flew over the words until they were too clouded with tears to be able to read any longer. He put the letter back in the envelop. He finally knew the truth about what happened.

He’d thought the funeral was going to be hard, but now he knew that finding a way to tell her best friend she’d been wrong was even worse……
♠ ♠ ♠
New Story! I'm pretty excited about this. It's a fanfic, but nothing ATL related this time, I'm trying something new for a change. Anyone wanna guess?

Did edit this, gonna do that tomorrow. Sorry for any mistakes,

Let me know what you think, should I keep or kill?

Love, Felicia