‹ Prequel: The Bride
Status: Active...

The Newlyweds

Two

“What are we gonna do today?” I asked John with a huge smile on my face. I had just finished getting ready, and I was waiting on him to finish. After the day and night we had yesterday, this trip has been the best thing that’s ever happened for us. I really wanted nothing more than to skip out on touring around, and just staying inside the hotel the entire time. The problem with that is the fact that we only have two more days here.
“I think that we’re just going to spend some time in Murano,” He answered me. “Is that okay?”
I smiled.
“Of course it’s okay, Johnny,” I replied. “Can we go to some sea-side type of diner?”
“Anything you want,” He retorted before pressing a kiss to my forehead. “You ready, babe?”
“Let me grab my jacket,” I stated, grabbing to leather coat from the bed. I slipped on quickly, and joined John outside of our hotel room door where he was waiting patiently for me.
We finally arrived to Murano, and I was a little tired from the previous night. John and I have been quite lacking in the sleep department for the past couple of days. I can’t really complain, because when we aren’t sleeping, the other activities are worth the tiredness the next day. We were on a honeymoon. It was only natural. He started to pull me down the cobblestone streets. The scenery was gorgeous. The water looked chilled, but it was beautiful. I smiled at nearly everyone that had passed me on the streets. I couldn’t help the smile, it was stuck on my face.
“Do you like this place?”
“It’s pretty…but it does smell like salt,” I giggled in response.
John rolled his eyes but bent down to kiss my lips. I smiled at him when he pulled back, looking down at my face.
“Have I mentioned how beautiful you are?”
“Have I mentioned how cheesy you are?” I smirked back at him. “You’re just loading it on for the past few days, aren’t you?”
“Maybe,” He wiggled his eyebrows. “I love you, cutie.”
I blushed.
“I love you too, you giraffe.”
John chuckled, and nodded his head to a small restaurant just a little further than we were standing. I nodded slowly, and allowed him to drag me in there. The hostess took us to a small booth, and John slid in on my side of the table. I shook my head, but cuddled into his side further. His arm wrapped tightly around my body, and he kissed the top of my head.
“I don’t know what half of these things say, Dia.” He laughed as he tried to read the menu.
I looked over on his menu and found myself laughing.
“I don’t either,” I agreed. “Maybe we should just ask what’s good?”
“Maybe…” He trailed off. “I think we should get this?”
“It looks good,” I smiled and nodded.
Soon enough the waitress had come over.
“What can I get for you?” She asked, her Italian accent was thick.
“We both would like a bottle of red wine,” John replied. “We are also ready to order,”
“Okay,” She nodded, writing down on her paper.
“We would love the pasta e fagioli,” He answered.
“To share?”
“Yes, ma’am,” I replied with a smile. She nodded and left without another word. “What in the world did you just order?”
“Pasta e fagioli,” He smirked.
“You know what I mean, John.”
“It says that it’s an tasty winter pasta with bean soup. It sounded like the easiest thing to order so…” He trailed off with a goofy smile.
“Hmm…” I thought. “It doesn’t sound so bad,”
“It sounds pretty good if you ask me,” John replied. “It looks as if we’re going to be eating a lot of pasta and spaghetti while we’re here so…”
I smacked his arm lightly, and he laughed.
“We could be a little adventurous, couldn’t we?” I rolled my eyes. “I do want to try some of their traditional plates too, mister.”
“How about we try a little bit of everything?”
“Sounds like a deal,” I agreed.
Nothing else was spoken between the two of us. We just cuddled in the corner booth, oblivious to the world. I sat, looking at the glass chandelier above our table. The design was crafted carefully and uniquely. I haven’t seen anything like it before. I was about to ask where it could’ve been made, but I remembered that Venice is famous for glass work, especially Murano. I looked from the gorgeous art back to John’s chiseled jaw line. I guess he felt my stare, because he looked down at me. His lips slowly spread into a smile. John’s arm wrapped tighter around my body, and I grabbed his hand in my own. I laced our fingers together, but never took my eyes from his hypnotic green orbs.
John and I didn’t need words to express how happy we were. I could actually feel his happiness. I knew how happy he was just from the small gestures that he was using. I knew that he was happy every time his grip on my hand squeezed every few minutes. It wasn’t hard to tell that he was happy. I knew my face was glowing like an excited little kid Christmas morning. I was glad that I had John to share something like this with. I wouldn’t go to Italy with any other person besides him. He’s just my John. He’s my other half.
“Wine,” The waitress stated in nearly a whisper. She poured us each a glass before setting the rest of the bottle down on the table. She left without another word, and it went back to comfortable silence. I looked down at our hands, and slowly started to play with John’s wedding band. He looked at me with an amused look, but shook his head. He saw the giant smile on my face, and knew better than to say anything to me about it. John sat back, and let my toying continue. I wasn’t hurting anything. “Pasta e fagioil,” She whispered again before leaving. I grabbed my spoon and dug into my soup.
“Calm down, Dorinda.” John smirked. “The soup will still be there if you did,”
I poked my tongue out at him. He just shook his head and laughed at me before taking his own spoon.
“It’s good though. Try it,” I urged.
“No, I’m just gonna let it sit here,” He rolled his eyes.
“Douche,” I mumbled, causing a small laugh from him. We finished our soup with comfortable small talk. We split the pasta, and I could’ve moaned from how amazing it tasted. When John and I get back from this huge-ass honeymoon, I’m learning how to cook some Italian food, that’s for sure.
“Are you ready?” He asked me in a whispered, running his hand up and down my shoulder.
I nodded, and sat down my wine glass.
“I am. I’m rather tired,” I yawned after the sentence left my mouth. “Can we just get back to the hotel? I want to cuddle up and sleep,”
“I can do that,” John smiled honestly. “Come on,” He nodded out of the booth. We already paid for the food a few minutes ago. John left a big tip, and led me out into the now cold streets. I shivered a little bit, and he wrapped his arm around me again. I cuddled into his chest as we walked toward the street, looking for a small taxi.



“I could do this forever,” John commented, running his hand up and down my bare side. “I love making love to you,”
I smiled, and blushed at the same time.
“I love it to,” I whispered back. My hands run up his side until they were latched into his hair.
“I don’t think that I would count this as cuddling up and watching TV,” He whispered. If we weren’t so intimate, he would be laughing right now. Instead we were pressed against each other’s bodies yet again. It was like we couldn’t keep our hands to ourselves for just a few hours. As soon as we got back to the hotel room, we were at it again. I don’t know if it was the wine or what, but we were racing toward the bedroom at a quick pace.
“I think this beats cuddling and watching tv,” I muttered back. I lifted my head ever so slightly, and pressed my lips against his. “I love you so much. It’s not even funny.”
“I love you too,” He replied, kissing the corner of my lips, then my cheek, trailing toward my jaw and down my neck. I almost giggled, but his lips were back on mine just as quickly as they had left. I don’t know what makes his kisses so addicting, but I always wanted them to be pressed against mine. No matter what time of day, I loved kissing him. “Do you think that this will ever stop?”
“What will?” I asked him, moving my hands to rest limply around his neck.
“This…closeness. Do you think that we’ll ever want to stop being so close all of the time?”
The look of worry and love clouded over his once soft eyes.
“I pray to God that it doesn’t,”
“I lost you once. I don’t want to do it again,”
“You never really lost me,” I stated. “I’ve always been yours,”
“Then why does it feel like I did?” He pulled his bottom lip between his teeth.
“If anything, I lost you. You’ve always had me, John. Always. Nothing will ever happen to change that. We will be together forever, you hear me.” I smirked slightly.
John’s smile showed, but it slowly turned into a frown.
“It’s going to be hard, Dia.” He sighed heavily.
“I know, I’ve heard this all before. I know that not having you around is going to hurt like hell, but I also know that it will be worth it in the end. I can’t lose you John. We both know that we need each other like we need air to breathe or water to drink.” I replied. I pulled him down for a long kiss, laced with passion.
“Me and you, forever and always, babe,” He whispered into my ear before kissing the spot right below it.
I removed my arms from his body before he rolled over beside me. My arms stretched high above my head, and I let out a content sigh. I ruffled my hair a little bit, and turned to look at my husband. His hands were behind his head, and he was grinning from ear to ear. I smiled at him before turning back around. I grabbed the small white sheet from our bed, and wrapped is limply around my body. I made my way to the window seat, and I sat down. The view from the window over-looked Venice. The tall, ancient buildings, small streets, and vast water-ways all came together like a gorgeous painting. It was gorgeous, it really was. The rain, which had started to pick up moments ago, added to the scene until nearly the entire city was invisible to my eyes.
“It’s gorgeous, isn’t it?” John asked from the bed. I didn’t turn my head to look at him. Instead, and placed my elbow on my knee, and rested my head on my hand. Even if the city was lost, the hitting the window pane was beautiful. I took a deep breath, and noticed that I had let my sheet drop. I didn’t care. I was lost in thought. It was comfortable at the moment. I’m in one of my favorite cities in the world. I’m with the man I love. Nothing else mattered to me. “The view’s nice,” John whispered now right behind me. His hands rested on my shoulders, slowly massaging them. I rested my head against his stomach.
“It is, even with the rain,” I muttered.
“How about I pull you away from his view, and back to bed?” His husky voice came, and then kissed the top of my head. I nodded, and he scooped me up in his arms. John kissed me passionately before He sat me down on the bed and crawled up to where he was hovering over me. “I want kids.”
I almost laughed, but considering he looked to seriously, I smiled.
“Really?”
“Yeah, lots of kids,” He smiled back at me.
“You actually want to have kids?”
“I just said that,” John laughed. “I really do want them. Maybe five kids?”
“How about ten?” I wiggled my eyebrows.
“Why not shoot for a dozen?” John added.
I bit my lip. I ran my hand threw his hair.
“I really do want them too,” I smiled widely.
“Why don’t we start right now?”
“Now, now?” I asked, slightly shocked.
“We’re out of condoms and we’re married…” John smiled. “So?”
“Yeah,”
“Yeah?” His eyes brightened. He leaned down to kiss me slowly and sweetly. “I love you,”
“I love you,” I replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gahhhh I love them! :)

Leave me some love.... please?

♥ RW