‹ Prequel: The Bride
Status: Active...

The Newlyweds

Four

“John, I really miss gymnastics.” I admitted, playing with his hand as we walked through Venice on our last day there. “Running into Haley made me realize how much that I do,”
He sighed and looked over at me.
“Do you want to go back to it?” He asked.
“I know that being apart all of the time hurt you…” I trailed off.
“Yeah…”
“But it’s so important to me, Johnny. You know that. It just so happens that you’re very important to me too.”
“I agreed that we would sit down with Robby and talk about it when we get back,” He looked off in the distance.
“You’re being selfish,” I sighed.
“What about our family?” John asked, turning toward me. “We’re trying to start one of those, you know.”
I chewed on my lip and looked back down at my feet as we walked.
“I know,”
“I’m no doctor, but I’m pretty sure tumbling will kill a baby.” John stated.
“I know this…” I trailed off. “I’m just…I miss it. Sometimes I wish that I didn’t stop.”
“Can we please stop talking about it? I don’t want to say something that I don’t mean.”
“Yeah…” I trailed off, looking back up at him. “I love you, though,”
“I love you too,” He gave me a half smile. “Speaking of babies…”
I giggled.
“I don’t think that I’m pregnant yet, babe.” I replied.
“I man can dream,” He shrugged. “I’m so excited. I can’t wait to have a mini-me running around.”
“What makes you so sure we’re gonna have a mini you?” I teased.
“The O’Callaghan boy jeans are strong, baby,” He winked playfully. “We will definitely have a boy first.”
I shook my head and let go on his hand. I wrapped my arm around his waist, and his found my shoulder. I looked up at him while we walked.
“Okay, babe. Whatever you say…”
“We will. What I say goes,” He chuckled. “So…if you aren’t pregnant yet….we should definitely keep trying.”
“Okay, babe.” I laughed. “We’ll start tomorrow…in Rome…after we tour.”
After?” He whined. “Why not nowwww?”
“We’re in a public place, duh.” I deadpanned. I laughed and walked into a couple of small shops.
John and I bought a lot of clothing and cute little souvenirs for our friends. We shopped fast, considering that we had to get to our hotel within the next two hours. When we were done, we went back to our hotel. I had my clothes everywhere, so it took me longer than expected to get my stuff back in order. Once we were done though, we were able to catch a small car to get to Rome.
Our hotel was huge. I was awestruck at the size and beauty of it. John just laughed at me, and kept walking while I stopped to gawk at it. He kept on walking into the hotel while I stood on the street. I was speechless. I can’t believe that he had booked this gorgeous of a hotel room for us to stay in for two weeks. Two weeks may not seem like a long time, but it will be. I can’t imagine how much money he has spent already. I might die if I ever saw the bill.
“Come on, baby girl. You’re holding us up,” John laughed, reaching for my hand. I stumbled forward, but easily regained my balance with the help of John. “Isn’t it pretty?”
Pretty? Just pretty?” I stated. “This hotel is fucking gorgeous!” I nearly yelled.
John rolled his eyes at me.
“Come on, we’ve got to get settled into our hotel room. We’ve got reservations at this fancy restaurant that I can’t pronounce.”
“Alright…” I trailed off with a deep sigh. John grabbed our hotel key from the concierge with little speaking done between the two of them. On the elevator, I dropped my bags and wrapped my arms around his neck. John looked a little socked, but he quickly wrapped his arms around me in return. Our mouths melting together in perfect bliss. His tongue slipped into my mouth, touching every part without fail. I pulled away slowly when the elevator dinged, and I sighed. “How about we try again?”
“We have dinner plans,” He stated, huffing a little bit. “Afterward,”
“John O’Callaghan, did you just put off sex for food?” I teased.
“Yes, yes I did.” He smirked.
He had something planned.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been FOREVER! I apologize. I'm trying to get back into this story. I've had a little bit of writers block. So it's been pretty hard to write this. HOWEVER, I think I've gotten over it. ;) Expect a new chapter either tonight, tomorrow or Monday. I've got bigger plans for this story. The problem is getting it in the direction that I want it to go. :)
Oh yeah...how would you guys feel about reading Maria and Kennedy's love story? I've been tossing around that idea in my head. I want to take you back to the beginning of their complicated relationship.

xoxo Rae