Status: Inactive for a while until 20 Dollar Nose Bleed is finished.

True Darkness

New Faces.

I yawned and stretched. It was ten in the morning. I was tired but that was only from just waking up. I rolled out of bed, stretching out my hands to catch myself before I hit the floor. I pushed myself up with no problems and stood, looking around.

Since the last incident things have been pretty quiet. No more powers had come up. No tattoo's had burned their way into my skin. There had been no sign of my Mother. Instead we had stayed inside and trained until I couldn't train anymore. I was getting better. I could almost completely control all of my powers and I could tap into my shakra's whenever I wanted. I was stronger than ever and even managed to knock Julian down once or twice. But never enough to win.

I wandered to the showers. I knew Lamia would be on patrol. Julian is probably on some sort of job. Ashton would turn up eventually. I usually had the mornings to myself to do what I wanted. Lamia had been having sessions with Ashton and so she had her bloodlust completely in control now. There had been no more incidents these passed two weeks which was good. But I still didn't trust her completely.

After my shower I made my way back to my make shift room. It was while I was tying my shoes that the warning came. The floor gave a slight pulse in energy as it told me that something was coming. Someone it didn't like. I had built up a stronger connection with everything around me. The whole Stadium hummed with positive energy whenever I was near. So when they gave me a warning I knew to take it seriously.

I pretended to fumble with my laces as the footsteps got closer. I couldn't hear them but I could feel their vibrations as they penetrated the floors energy layer. When the person was in range I prepared myself.

I turned and spun, swinging my fist, aiming for his ribs. He took a step back and grabbed my wrist, twisting me over and to the floor. But I had trained for this. As he flipped me I scissor kicked, both feet connecting with his jaw. He fell to the floor. We both laid there, breathing heavily.

"You're getting a lot better." Ashton laughed from the floor.

"Thanks." I said and we sat up.

"How did you know?" he asked.

"I was warned..." I replied hesitantly.

"By who?" he pressed, eyeing me warily.

"The floor..." I stated.

"The floor?"

I sighed.

"Everything has an energy. A personality. Ever tree, every sign, every brick. It all has an energy. And although most hate Human's you can build up a relationship with them quite easily." I explained.

"So what? The door warned you?" he laughed.

"No. The floor did." I said seriously, stroking the floor slightly.

He stopped laughing and looked at me, taking in my serious expression and unamused look. Five seconds later he started laughing even more.

"You get crazier and crazier by the day Libby. Come on. Let's go!" he said and pulled me to my feet.

"Where?" I asked, eyeing him carefully.

"Out." he stated.

"Oooh. Where to?" I pressed, hopeful to see the outside world again.

"Just to the Supermarket. We need food and stuff. So come on! Let's go!" he urged.

"Fine. What day is it?"

"Thursday."

"Alright then let's go." I said and set off towards the main exit.

We spent the car journey in silence, listening to the car radio while I hung my head out of the window. It felt good to be out. I recognised the neighbourhood as we stopped at a red light. We were close to school. I thought nothing of it as we carried on. That was until Ashton stopped outside of the school and got out of the car.

"Where do you think you're going?!" I demanded, getting out after him.

"I have to go meet my supplier. Stay in the car?" he said and pointed back to the car.

"Are you a druggie? No way! You are not getting or taking any drugs while I am near you!" I yelled.

"Shut up. You sound ridiculous. I don't do drugs. He sells me medication. As in for the first aid box. The stuff that we need that we can't buy elsewhere. Since we can't exactly go to a Hospital now can we?" he replied and waved a dismissive hand.

"Fine. But I'm coming with you." I stated and began to follow him.

"No. Get back in the car. I won't be long." he defended.

"If you have nothing to hide then there's no reason to leave me behind." I said and stuck my tongue out at him.

"God! You're so frustrating! Come on! But stay quiet." he snapped.

"Not a sound." I laughed.

"That's a sound." he pointed out.

"Oops sorry!"

"So's that."

"Mhmm."

"And that."

I hit him in the arm.

"Stop being a jerk!" I snapped. "And if you say "so's that" I'll break your arm." I added quickly.

"Being beaten up by a girl I see." a voice said from my right.

"Hello Jordan. Long time no see." Ashton said dryly.

"Come on Ashton. That's no way to talk to a friend." Jordan said and held out his arms.

Ashton did not hug him. Jordan looked hurt and dropped his arms.

"Such pain!" he said dramatically but without getting a reaction from Ashton.

"Have you got what I asked for?" Ashton snapped.

"Of course I have. Who do you take me for? Anyway. Who are you?" Jordan asked, pointing at me.

"Libi-"

"She's a friend of mine." Ashton cut me off. I felt his energy peak and made a note to stay quiet.

"I'm sure she can talk for herself." Jordan said slyly.

"She doesn't want to. Not to you." Ashton growled.

Jordan held up his hands. He had big hands.

Jordan was half-cast although there was something off about him. Something, unworldly. Whatever he was Ashton didn't like it and if Ashton didn't like it, it's probably best for me to stay clear as well.

"Whoa no problem man. I was just making conversation." Jordan defended.

"We don't have time to talk." Ashton replied and held out his hand.

I turned away, bored with the constant threat and danger. It was then that I heard the scream. It was faint, as if it was being muffled or in the distance. My gaze flickered around, desperately trying to find the owner of the voice. I was beginning to think I had just imagined it, especially since Ashton and Jordan hadn't reacted to it, but then I saw her. A girl was being dragged away by some strange man. I couldn't see any of his features due to a black hoodie being pulled up over his face.

I didn't even wait to tell Ashton. I just set off after them. If I waited it could be too late to save her. They went around the back of the school, out of my sight, but that just made me run quicker. I could hear Ashton shouting me but I couldn't stop. If I stopped he'd get away. Ashton could always catch up eventually.

"Help me!"

The girl sounded more desperate by the second but I wasn't far behind. I could feel my legs burning, screaming at me to stop, but I was so close. So very close. The girl elbowed her kidnapper, making him falter for a second. He must have realised how close I was since he stopped running and turned to me.

"Sleep. Now." he demanded and the girl dropped to the floor, sound asleep.

"What have you done to her?!" I yelled.

"Now, now, little one. We'll have time for that later." he chuckled darkly.

"What do you mean? There will be no later! Who are you?!" I demanded. This guy was a freak.

I blinked and suddenly he was in front of me. I went to take a step back but he grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"I knew you'd follow us Libitina. So very predictable." he tutted.

"How do you know my name? What do you want?!" I snapped.

"You should watch your tone girl, before I have to beat it out of you."

"Bite me." I snarled. I was done with these games.

"Why you insolent little brat." he hissed and raised a fist.

"Oh no. I wouldn't do that if I were you." a dark voice said from behind the man.

He spun around, taking me with him, to face the voice of danger. I raised my eyebrow at the spectacle of a man who stood in front of me. He looked about six foot one with straight black hair and bangs that framed his face. His skin was of a pale pigmentation and it reflected a lot of the sun light. He was extremely lean but I knew he was hiding a fair set of muscles. But what caught my attention most was the fact that he had one red eye and one grey eyes. I was amazed. He was stunning.

This mysterious stranger was fascinating. I watched as he pushed up the sleeves of his white suit shirt, stopping at his elbows, before altering his black waistcoat. This was accompanied by black suit trousers and shiny black shoes which I couldn't tear my eyes away from. I'm pretty sure he has a pocket watch too. On Ashton, this sort of outfit looked good, but on this stranger it looked sexy.

"It's not polite to stare, my lady." he chuckled and winked at me, causing me to blush furiously.

"Who are you?!" the man spat, jostling me slightly.

"My name is not important. Now, hand me the girl and I'll let you walk away." the new stranger said.

"Cut the crap! Who sent you?!" my captor said. I felt a blade press to my throat.

"Tut, tut, tut. Such offensive language. In front of a lady as well. You should be ashamed." he laughed.

"My patience is dwindling." the guy pressed the blade harder onto my throat, making me wince.

"Ah ah ah! None of that now. If one drop of her blood touches the floor all of yours shall cover it." the stranger said.

"And what will you do that with?" he laughed, the blade moving slightly.

"With these, of course." my stranger said, pulling out two Mini Uzi's from God knows where. Both were pointed at the man's head.

"Now. I'll ask nicely once more. Please give her to me."

"No. I have my orders Fallen." he spat.

"Fallen?" I asked, looking between the two.

"All in due time, love." the stranger smiled.

"Now, give her to me." he cocked the guns and laughed.

"Fine!" my captor screamed and shoved me towards him.

The stranger caught me and stood me up. I looked up to him to find him smiling down at me.

"My apologies for the rude introduction love." he smiled.

"It's okay... what about the man?" i asked, watching him run away.

"Oh. Yes. You distracted me for a second." he raised an arm, never taking his eyes off of me, and pulled the trigger.

I couldn't look away from his eyes as I heard the thud of the man's body hitting the floor.

"Libitina, yes?" he asked and took my hand.

"Y-yes. Why?" I stumbled.

"Just wanted to be sure. My name is Sebastian. It is a pleasure to finally meet you." he lifted my hand and kissed it, making me blush again. His grin widened.

"What is a Fallen?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"A Fallen Angel, my lady. What can I say? I've been a very naughty boy up in Heaven. But it was worth being banished." he laughed.

"What did you do?" I pried.

"Ah, now that is my little secret, love." he said and tapped the side of his nose.

"Why did you save me?" I frowned.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Fine. How did he know what you are?" I pressed.

"So many questions." he sighed. "If you must know, I was sent to kill you. By his employer actually. But instead I'm going to protect you." he smirked.

"Step away from her." a voice growled from quite a bit away.

Sebastian raised a gun and smiled at me.

"Is this one yours?" he spoke softly.

I couldn't break his gaze. I tried but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Sebastian smiled and looked away, releasing me from his hold. My eyes snapped to the intruder and I frowned.

"You took your time." I hissed.

"Jordan wouldn't give me the stuff." Ashton shrugged.

"So my life is less important than some stuff that we may need?"

"No. But I knew you could handle yourself." he defended.

"You were wrong." I snapped.

Ashton went to step towards me but Sebastian was quickly in front of me with both arms pointed at him.

"Not. Another. Step." Sebastian warned.

"Sebastian it is okay. He's a friend." I explained.

"Friends don't leave other friends to fend for themselves." he hissed.

"It's how we work. Come on Sebastian! We still need to get some other stuff." I complained and walked towards Ashton.

"Who is this pillock?!" Ashton demanded.

"His name is Sebastian. He's my new body guard." I explained and walked passed him, Sebastian close behind.

"What?!" Ashton yelled.

"Come on! I'll explain in the car." I replied.

"And what about him!?" he asked, gesturing towards Sebastian.

"Do you have a car?" I asked.

"No, my lady." he replied.

"A bike?"

"No, my lady."

"Then how did you get here?" I asked.

"I flew."

"You're coming in the car with us." I finished.

"Yes, my lady." Sebastian replied and bowed.

"See. Problem solved. Come on guys. There could be more." I said, smiling at Ashton.

"What about the girl, my lady?" Sebastian reminded me.

"Oh her." I had forgotten about her. "Can you carry her?"

Sebastian smiled in response and lifted her in his arms, catching up with us quickly. I caught a glimpse of her as I turned away and quickly snapped my head back.

"Stacey?!" I snapped.

"Crap. It is!" Ashton said, shock rocking through his voice.

"What should I do with her?" Sebastian asked.

"Put her in the car." Ashton replied.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes and looked towards me.

"Do as he says." I said and waved a hand.

Sebastian nodded and put her in the back before sliding in next to her.

* * *

We ended up going to the Supermarket but only Ashton went inside. He was in and out within five minutes. We were back on the road in no time as we headed back to the Stadium.

"So what are we doing with this guy then?" Ashton asked, tipping his head towards Sebastian.

"What do you mean? He's coming with us." I said, honestly confused.

"What? He's a complete stranger. We can't do that!" Ashton snapped, I could see Sebastian looking out of the window but I knew he was listening.

"Ashton he killed a guy for me. He was sent here to kill me and didn't. He wants to protect me. And anyway. We're taking Stacey back aren't we!" I defended.

"He was sent to kill you?! Does that not ring alarm bells?! And yes, we are. Stacey could be seriously injured. We need her to be looked over."

"She is not seriously injured. She just needs the compulsion removing from her brain." Sebastian cut in.

"And how do you know that?!" Ashton demanded but Sebastian just tapped his head and smiled.

"He's a Fallen Angel. I'm not one hundred percent sure what that means yet but I'm sure it's a good thing to have him on our side. We need all the help we can get." I stated.

"Great so we're trusting something that was banned from Heaven! Makes sense." Ashton said sarcastically.

"At least God accepts my people as actual beings. You're just the work of the Devil." Sebastian replied sharply.

"That's enough boys!" I snapped, finishing the argument.

I could see the Stadium and suddenly a wave of anxiety washed over me. What if Sebastian wasn't the good guy? I didn't know him at all. None of us did. Yet here I was, insisting he came back home with us? Was I stupid?!

We pulled up, down the road and got out to walk. Didn't want to draw attention to the place after all. I offered to help Sebastian carry Stacey but he sweetly declined. I kicked open the door, my hands full of shopping and stepped inside, looking for Julian.

"Oh." I heard Sebastian say from behind.

I turned to find Julian with his scythe pressed to Sebastian's throat.

"And who might you be?" he asked nastily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long. Finally finished 20 Dollar Nose Bleed. So yay!

New person, (woo), he's awesome! He was from a story which I wrote when I was younger but never put up. He was originally called Aaron but I didn't think he suited it and I like the name Sebastian so I changed his name. It's not Sebastian from Black Butler though. :') Sorry about how this Chapter is, all choppy and changey, but I'm just so very tired. So yeah. This was sort of a filler chapter. So have fun!

Comment,
Subscribe,
Recommend.

Emily!!!