Status: Inactive for a while until 20 Dollar Nose Bleed is finished.

True Darkness

Ashton Noire

I walked in to the busy classroom and stood at the front awkwardly. At my other school whenever there was a new person they would stop and openly gawk at the new comer, making them feel as uncomfortable as possible. But that didn't happen here. Nobody even gave me a second glance, which I can't say was a bad thing. I smiled to myself. I was going to like it here.

"Ahh Miss Chance. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." the teacher said from behind her desk.

I cocked my head to the side and looked at the teacher. She was short with complex features which complimented her well. Her eyes were brown but big and deer like, giving her the appearance of a worried child, they were definitely her most dominant feature. She had a light sprinkling of freckles across the bridge of her nose and around her eyes. But her most prominent feature would have to be her hair. It was short, straight and red. Not ginger. Red. Like a fire engine. But the weirdest thing was that, no matter how much I tried, I couldn't see her roots coming though and her eyebrows were relatively the same colour which meant it was probably natural.

"Nice to meet you too Miss....?" I asked bowing my head a little.

"Spring. Take a seat next to that boy there." she said and motioned towards someone.

I turned to see who my new classmate would be to see a boy, no older than sixteen, stretched out on his chair. His legs were stretched out before him, crossed at the ankles, with his arms crossed behind his head. He was a tall boy, made even more obvious with the never ending expanse of legs in front of him. One thing that stood out was the fact that he was flawless, completely and utterly, which, paired with his ash-blonde hair, made him a pretty decent looking guy. Well a decent looking guy with awful fashion sense. I mean come on? Who wears a brown waistcoat on top of a white shirt with black suit trousers and "proper" shoes now a days?

I sat down in the seat next to him and pulled out a notepad and pen. It was my first day and I was going to be prepared. I shot a glance over to the mystery boy only to find his eyes closed. But although they were closed he had a smirk on his face suggesting he knew exactly what I looked like and just found the thought of me hilarious. Or he could have just imagined something funny. But, as I've found in many cases, it was often the former.

"What's your name?"

I jumped as the boy's face was suddenly inches away from my own. He was grinning playfully. I looked at him as if he were mad but then I noticed his eyes. Brown... no wait... Violet. I blinked in confusion as the eyes settled on Violet after flicking through all the variants of colours.

"What are you?" I asked despite my head screaming not to.

"I asked first." he said taunting me.

"My name is Libitina Chance. But I prefer Libby." I said simply and turned away from him.

If I was honest I didn't want anything to do with this boy, whoever and whatever he was, and I wasn't against showing it. I saw him smirk out of the corner of my eye but he returned to the position I had found him in only this time he didn't stop watching me. He yawned.

"Want to know something interesting?" he asked recovering from a yawn and blinking slowly.

"Oh please. Do enlighten me." I said, sarcasm dripping from every word. This just seemed to make him smirk more and he brought a hand up to examine his nails.

"You're name in Latin means Death." he said simply.

I turned to look at this boy who didn't take any notice. What was he doing? It already felt strange enough for someone to be talking to me on the first day due to the fact I was the biggest freak in my whole previous school for the four years I was there and now he was telling me what my name meant in different languages. Maybe he was the freak in this school.

"Don't you find that interesting?" he asked, leaning towards me again, excitement in his eyes.

He's taunting me. He's trying to set me up into engaging him so he can go around telling everyone what a weirdo I am therefore ruining the rest of my school life here. Well it wasn't going to work this time. I wasn't going to be a freak here. I was going to keep to myself and avoid any attention. So I just rolled my eyes and looked away from him. When would lesson begin?

"Not really no." I stated calmly.

"Really? Because I believe someone's name can tell someone a lot about their soul."

Oh here we go. Yep definite freak of the school. That's just great. I get paired with the weird one for the rest of my Biology lessons.

"Oh really? What is your's then? Moronic?"

He smirked which infuriated me. This was going to be a long year.

"Oooh aren't you a feisty one. I can see we're going to have a lot of fun together." he said and leaned away again.

"No we're not. Trust me. And you still didn't answer my question."

"My name, my dear, is Ashton Noire. See my last name means Dark in French. I believe that's a clear indication of what my soul holds."

I sighed. This dude really was weird. He used the table to push himself back and rocked on his chair. I looked at the table sympathetically as it groaned under his weight. He wasn't fat or even mildly overweight, in fact he was completely the opposite, but the table looked old, I worried how long it'd last for. Huh. Tables. So simple and yeah so vengeful. Often taking any chance to humiliate us in front of our friends as their form of revenge for being used as a gum storage system or a foot rest. Another thing to add to the ever expanding list of threats to humans.

"So? What do you think?" Ashton said looking at me.

"About what?" I asked completely bored.

"Do you ever listen?" he said looking annoyed.

"To people that matter yes." I lied.

I'd never had to listen to anyone else talk to me before. With Isabella our way of speaking was different. Most of it was either written down or spoken (as weird as this sounds) telepathically. So I never had to probably listen to her because it was already there. Festering in some unused part of my mind until I need it.

"I was saying: your name stands for Death. I get the feeling you're special. There's something about you that makes me wonder and that, my dear, isn't a good thing for either of us. You see death and dead things. Dead creatures. But people don't know about it. Those that do think your a freak. Including your own parents. So you hide it. But you shouldn't. You're unique. You're not a freak." he said leaning closer and closer until he was, again, inches away from my face. Then he winked and laughed returning to the same position I had found him in.

That was almost spot on. How he knew was amazing but I didn't let him know. I couldn't let him no. Not now. Not ever. I hated the boy already. His mood swings were hard to read, his face was hard to decipher and his personality was just plain ridiculous. So instead I turned back to the front of the class and pursed my lips.

"That piece of information was almost as ridiculous as me telling you Jabbawockey's are real." I said without looking at him, afraid I'd give something away.

"Whatever you say love." he replied. I could hear him grinning.

I turned around to ask him just exactly what he meant but Miss Spring stood at the front of the class and grinned. Everyone fell silent and stared at the teacher, each grinning in awe at the teacher. I could see why. She was amazing to see.

"So students. Let's begin shall we."
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys meet Ashton. Ashton meet the guys. He says hi but to be fair I doubt he heard any of what I just said. (I'm not weird honest. I'm just imaginative. :P ). Anyway comment, subscribe, suggest. I want to know how it's going. :D Thanks - Emily. x