Status: Inactive for a while until 20 Dollar Nose Bleed is finished.

True Darkness

Lamia.

After lesson had finished I was excited to get away from Ashton. His eyes had been closed all lesson but the teacher never said anything. Actually no-one said anything. At all. Which was extremely weird. Although his eyes were shut I could tell he was taking it all in. He'd occasionally smirk or make some snide comment about how a two year old could teach better but still the teacher gave him no notice.

He's one of them. my mind stated, saying what I had hoped to avoid.

That's how he knew what you can see. He's. One. Of. Them.

I left the classroom as quickly as possible. I needed to get away from him. There was something wrong at this school and I was going to find out what. I'd just gone from being a freak at one school to being in a school of freaks and if I'm honest I wasn't entirely happy about either of the above.

"Hey Libby! Wait up!"

Ashton. The boy nobody but myself could see. The boy of my nightmares. He was the third of them I had seen today and, by the looks of things, there would be many more. Which, of course, wasn't exactly desirable. If I was at all suicidal this would definitely be something to put me over the edge.You're all probably thinking "Oh she's being over dramatic" well I'm not. It's dreadful and once they figure out you can see them they don't leave you alone. They make your life hell because they can't have a real one.

I tried to speed up and get away but couldn't. He was beside me in a matter of seconds. Damn this guy was fast.

"There's someone I want you to meet." he said looking around.

"No thanks." I replied and focused on my timetable. Maybe if I ignored him he'd go away.

"It wasn't a question." he snapped and pulled me off to the side.

He dragged me by my arm all the way up to some pretty girl I had never met before. A girl with white hair and ice blue eyes. As soon as she caught sight of us, well of him, she grinned and jumped on the spot, clapping. That was when I came to the conclusion that she was weird. I tried to pull away from Ashton but his grip was like iron. I had no success.

"Stop struggling and you'll be fine." Ashton snarled into my ear.

"And if I don't? What if I scream?" I challenged looking at him out of the corner of my eye.

"Then you'll either die or make a complete fool of myself." he stated still looking at the girl.

"Oh so you're going to kill me?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Don't be so stupid. I wont. But someone will."

"Who's killing who?!" the girl chimed.

"Doesn't matter." Ashton murmured and looked the girl straight in the eyes, something I could not do. They looked like they could see into your soul.

"Well I hope no-ones killing this beautiful little girly here."

My head snapped up. She was from Texas. Her accent was clear and the twang just melted your heart. But that put me on edge straight away. I looked at her. She was babbling onto Ashton about something but I couldn't hear it. I was in my own little world. Something wasn't right about her. There was something-

"For Gods sake! Shut up! " Ashton yelled and punched a locker beside her head.

The locker instantly bent beneath the force of the impact. Sympathy radiated from every pour on my body. It had done nothing to deserve this treatment. Just like all of us it was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. A pity really.

"Stop that!" I said and moved to the locker. I gently tapped three points and it popped open. I was an expert at breaking into things which I guess isn't a good thing.

"What are you doing?!" Ashton complained.

"Fixing the result of you issues." I explained and popped the locker back into place, ridding its face of the dints and closing it carefully.

"Wow you're more of a freak than I expected."

"She's not a freak. She's unique!" the girl exclaimed and jumped to my side.

"What's you're name sweetie?" she asked me, grinning.

"Do you really have to know?" Ashton snapped.

"If you don't want me here then why didn't you just let me go?" I countered and glared at him.

"She's got fire. I like her." the girl said. "Anyway your name! I must know it."

"Libby."

"Your full name."

It confused me she knew that wasn't my full name but nothing really took me fully by surprise at this school anymore.

"Libitina."

"Oooh. Did you know that means Death in Latin? How very intriguing." the girl chimed.

"She knows." Ashton cut in looking around like there was something to be scared of.

"Oh keep your pants on Mr Mardy." she said and winked at me.

"Anyway. Back to the important stuff. My name also has a strange translation in Latin. We're quite alike you and I. Maybe we can be friends."

I raised my eyebrows at her and cocked my head to the right. There was something off with her. I didn't like it. But I preferred her to Ashton anyday.

"It mean's vampire. My name. Vampire. How cool is that!" she squealed and grabbed my arm.

"Lamia." Ashton warned.

"What? I'm not saying anything!" she said innocently.

"Not saying anything about what?" I asked curiously.

"Doesn't matter. Come on. We've got English." Ashton said to me and dragged me away.

"Great. Another lesson with you. Kill me now." I mumbled and waved awkwardly to Lamia.

"Don't tempt me." he growled in response and dragged me down the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the slow updates. If you've been reading thanks. I'll try and update more frequently. It's just difficult cause of school. So yeah. Do what you do guys. :) See ya later guys. - Emily. x