Status: Inactive for a while until 20 Dollar Nose Bleed is finished.

True Darkness

Repetitive Introductions.

When Ashton dragged me into the classroom and towards a desk I was quite relieved in some way. At least I would know someone, even if I did hate him. Well almost hate him. He was a bit crazy. But at least he spoke to me. He put me in the seat next to him and settled down beside me, taking his usual position. I didn't get my book out straight away since I didn't know if I'd need it or if I'd be given one. So I waited.

Someone cleared their throat beside me and I looked up into the eyes of a very angry looking black haired girl, with perfectly plucked eyebrows and brown eyes. She looked pretty angry and it wasn't long before perfectly manicured fingers were drumming on the table top.

"Yes?" I asked innocently. I didn't really understand what was happening.

"You're in my seat." she stated clearly.

"I'm sorry?" I questioned perfectly confused.

"Go away Stacey." Ashton said from beside me.

"You're in my seat. Move."

I looked at Ashton who cracked his right eye open to look at the girl. He didn't look impressed.

"I said move !" she screeched making everyone look at us.

"And I said go away Stacey but you're not doing that either. So how about you just leave it and move on?" Ashton said standing up.

Everyone went quiet but all I could do was sit there with my mouth hanging open. They could see him. I wasn't the only one. Which meant he wasn't one of them. Well either that or everyone else was one too.... Which I was desperately hoping wasn't true.

"Shut up Ashton. You can't honestly prefer this ," she said gesturing to me, "to me."

"It just so happens I do so how about you leave and we can continue in peace." he stated and sat back down before looking at me. "Whatever she says, don't move."

I nodded, still completely bewildered. This wasn't right. I thought I was the only one that could see these things but apparently not. This, if I'm honest, scared me. What kind of a school was this?!

You need to leave , the oh so familiar voice of warning stated into my head.

They're all like him. This is a school for them. You're not them. You need to leave. Run. NOW!

I stood up and stepped out of the desk. Stacey looked at me satisfied whereas Ashton looked more confused.

"Are you okay?" Ashton asked raising an eyebrow.

"I need some air." I mumbled and stumbled away.

Ashton stood to follow but Stacey's shrill voice stopped him in his tracked.

"Well what a freak. Come on Ashton. Sit down."

"She's not a freak. She's perfectly fine. I don't see-"

I didn't hear the rest as I'd finally made it outside feeling a bit faint. Well, into the hall. Where I, yet again, walked straight into the chest of some lad. Why does this keep happening?! This time the boy was about 5 foot 8, not obviously muscley but built like a rock (I know this since I just bounced off this particular rock), flawless (like apparently everyone here) with white hair, black eyes and white skin to match. The extremities in the contrast of colour shocked me into silence. I couldn't even apologise.

The boy looked down at his black jacket and proceeded to brush it down as if I was carrying a disease which could bother his jacket if I touched him. I frowned at him. He was wearing all black. Black jacket covering a black suit shirt, black jeans and black high tops. Which made absolutely no sense. Nothing about this boy made sense but everything about this boy interested me. He was, with no doubt, one of them but he was different.

He looked down at me and frowned.

"Are you going to stay down there all day?" he asked, cocking his head to the left.

I couldn't talk to him because there was something horrific which occurred to me at that point. His voice, that voice, was familiar. This was because that voice was the voice of warning in my head. That solemn, slightly annoyed voice that would tell me to run. The same one I would often ignore.

"Are you a mute?" he asked sounding more annoyed by the second.

"N-no." I managed to force out of my mouth.

His eyes swept over me and then travelled into the classroom. He sighed, shook his head and looked back to me.

"You're in there aren't you?" he said almost sympathetically.

I nodded not trusting my own voice.

"Not handling it well then?"

I shook my head.

"Come on. You'll be fine. Trust me." he said, gave me a smirk and held out his hand for me to take.

I did so gratefully and he pulled me up with ease. So he was strong as well. I smiled at him as he picked up my bag, frowned and handed it to me. It was like he had never seen one before despite him having a bag over his shoulder.

"Problem?" I asked, my confidence boosting a little at how normal he seemed.

"Ah she speaks!" he exclaimed and smirked again.

"Yes. She also has a name." I said, placing a hand on my hip.

"We haven't gotten that far yet if I remember rightly." he stated and laughed slightly.

I blushed furiously and my gaze shot to the floor. Yeah nice one Libby. Make yourself look like a complete idiot infront of the one boy that seems happy to talk to you.

"I'm Julian. Julian Shadow. Nice to meet you, I think." he said and held out a hand.

I looked at it curiously, unsure as to what will actually happen if I take it. His laughter made me look up again.

"You scared of hands now?" he laughed.

"No. Not at all." I said quickly and took his hand shaking it. "My name's Libitina."

"No last name?" he asked releasing my hand and walking into the classroom.

"It's Chance but I'm kind of inbetween names at the moment." I said awkwardly.

"I didn't know that was possible." he laughed slightly and sat down at a desk not to far from Ashton's.

"Well my parent's are going through a divorce. I my Dad's name is Chance but I don't like it. My Mum hates me. So I'm currently thinking of a new one." I explained standing at his desk unsure as to what to do.

"Oh I'm sorry." he said quickly.

I waved my hand in dismissal and my gaze shot to Ashton quickly. For some reason I was worried about him seeing me with Julian. I had a bad feeling it wouldn't end well. Luckily he was still in his usual position, looking bored, as Stacey babbled on about something probably mind numbing. Julian's eyes moved to Ashton and he frowned slightly before looking back to me.

"Something going on between you two?" he asked honestly.

"Ha! Not at all. No. Just a bit of a disagreement between me and the girl he's sat next to." I explained and looked for Julian's reaction.

"Stacey? No need to worry about her. She thinks she's everything but no one actually likes her."

"I'm not worried about her. I was just looking." I defended and instantly wished I hadn't.

Julian laughed and held up his hands in mock surrender. "Okay, okay. Don't shoot me. Are you just going to stand there? Or are you going to come and sit next to me?" he asked and leaned forward, resting on his hands.

"Oh right..." I quickly looked at Ashton again but sighed. "Yeah sure why not." I said and took my place beside him.

"Good. Now Libitina-"

"Libby."

"So Libby how long are you here for?"

"Indefinitely. Or at least until I can escape the grasp of my Father." I said and looked at my hands awkwardly.

"Why? What's the problem with you're Father?" he inquired leaning towards me. He smelled like spices and vanilla.

"He's a drunken imboscele that throws all our money away on drink and cheap whores." I stated bluntly. "And he's not too fond of me either."

"I couldn't see why they would hate you."

I didn't have time to react to what he had just said as soon two hands were slammed down onto our desk. My head snapped up to see Ashton stood, Violet eyes blazing, glaring at Julian.

"What have you told her?!" he snapped.

"Hello Ashton. Nice to see you too." Julian said sarcastically.

"I asked you a question."

"Yes and I ignored it. Now shall we be civilised infront of the lady or do you really want things to escalate which will end in both yourself and I looking like petty children infront of our new friend?"

Friend? I was their friend? I smiled to myself at the fact I had made friends. The only problem was that one of them was Ashton. Someone I wasn't completely sure about just yet. Oh and the fact that they were both, obviously, keeping secrets from me which I didn't like one bit.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about Julian. She's not like us. You need to remember that." Ashton hissed.

"I haven't said a word. But it would do you well to know that she may not be exactly like us but there are similarities. She isn't normal Ashton."

My smile faded quickly. I wasn't normal ?! How dare they! I know I'm not normal but I've not given them any indication as to the fact I might not be normal. The ignorance of some people.

"Excuse me?!"

"Not now Libby." Ashton said. "We have something to settle."

"Not now?! You're discussing me! I think I have a right to know what you're talking about." I snapped but I got no answers.

I didn't ask any questions either. In fact non of us spoke. Because after I had spoken we both noticed the expression on Julian's face. His eyes were silver, like liquid silver, and his expression was blank.

"Julian? Are you okay?" I asked and touched his arm.

He shook his head, his eyes turning back to black, and he turned to smile at me.

"I hope you'll excuse me but I have something I need to do." he smiled and rose.

"No you don't. You can sit back down and finish this with me." Ashton growled.

"I... need to go. Now." he said. It was almost as if he was in pain.

I'll admit I was worried but I let him leave without any questions. I didn't want to push him away just as I had made a new friend. Friend. That was going to be difficult to get used to. I watched his back until he had left the room and then I switched my gaze back to Ashton who was frowning at the table.

"What was all that about then?" I asked leaning my chin on my right hand and looking up at him.

"Just be careful Libby. He's not what you think he is. He's not... safe." he said and with that he walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long since I have updated. Been busy with revision and school work which, as you can imagine, completely sucks and takes all my time up. Seriously. Sucks.
Anyway new character, new personality, new questions. Turns out no-one's what they seem. Weird huh? I personally quite like Julian. But then, of course, I know what he is and what he does. :D
Comment, Subscribe, Recommend? But most of all enjoy. - Emily. x