Status: Inactive for a while until 20 Dollar Nose Bleed is finished.

True Darkness

No Control.

The car journey was long and silent. We didn't take much with us, just a couple of bags and some food. Apparently there was already a lot of things there. I was both anxious and excited at the thought of training but I didn't show it. We didn't have time for emotions. As I watched the leaves wave good bye in the wind, happy that someone else's life is worse than their own at this point in time, I came to the conclusion that I was going to have to grow up, and fast. There was no time for grieving over my dead Father. There was no time for worrying about my, still hidden, Mother. There was only time to train.

We pulled up at the Stadium a little over an hour later. It was huge and almost completely boarded up. I didn't know how we were going to get in but I knew that they had a plan. Julian drove with Lamia in the passenger seat, me and Ashton in the back. As I watched the two boys argue with each other as to who has to take the first watch it hit me. They weren't friends. They never have been. The only reason their partially being civil to each other is me. My safety. I have no doubt that when I die they'll go back to not talking.

"Libby. Follow us honey." Lamia said from about fifteen feet away.

I hadn't realised they had left and so quickly skipped to catch up to them. We went around the back of the Stadium and slipped under a metal sheet that Ashton held up for us. Apparently normal humans can't lift it due to it's heavy weight. I was sceptical about that and made a note to reinforce the walls.

The very middle of the Stadium was just grass, like any usual Stadium that hasn't been tended to for years, and there were literally thousands of seats lining the outside. Around the edges of the Stadium, under the seats, there were various different rooms, showers and kitchens all around the place. We had everything here and the guys were right, it was a good place to defend. Julian went into the middle of the field and held out a hand towards me.

"Come here please." he said, suddenly becoming extremely serious.

I moved towards him cautiously, wary of this sudden change in mood. He let me get about ten feet away from him then manifested his scythe. That was when I discovered that the thing I had thought to be just a phone case was actually the beginning of his scythe. His murder weapon. It was huge, extending way over his head, but he seemed to be able to wield it with ease. I watched as he spun it around, not taking his eyes off of me, before settling it in a comfy position.

"I'm going to try to attack you and I want you to use your shout to deflect me." he explained, shifting his scythe again.

"What!?" I exclaimed, thinking I must have misheard.

"Do you really think she's ready for that?" Lamia asked from a little away from us.

"No. But this is the only way she will learn." Julian snapped.

"But wont people hear me!?"

"Lamia can sound proof this place. Go. Do it now." he demanded.

Lamia sighed and began to walk away. "A please would be nice." I heard her mutter.

"If your scythe touches me wont it kill me?" I asked eyeing the magnificent weapon carefully. It looked sharp.

"Not unless I command it too. But it will hurt. So it'll be in your best interest to make sure it doesn't touch you." he replied.

"Ashton I don't like this." I said, trying to appeal to who seemed like the nicer of the two at this moment.

"I don't care. It's not my decision. You'll get your training with me soon." he replied coldly.

That actually hurt. This was supposed to be my training. I was supposed to be getting better at protecting myself but all it seemed like I was going to be doing was getting hurt. Non of them wanted to help me. Non of them understood that I didn't know what to do or how I can do it. I was on my own.

"Fine." I sighed reluctantly, suddenly wishing Lamia was here to stand up for me.

"Okay then. Prepare yourself." Julian instructed and set himself into an attack stance.

I blinked, unsure as to how to prepare myself, but I didn't really have chance because within a second he was rushing at me. I opened my mouth to scream but his speed was fascinating. It was like he wasn't even there. It wasn't long before he hit me and god did that hurt. I fell to the floor about three feet away from my original position and slid another two. My shoulder roared in pain as my blood rushed for their chance to escape.

" OWWWWWWWWWWW! My arm! MY ARM! I think it's broken. Don't just stand there. Help me!!!" I yelled to the two stunned boys as they watched me writhe about on the floor, clutching my bloodied arm.

"How hard did you hit her?!" Ashton yelled at Julian.

"Not hard. Honest. She shouldn't have done more than stepped back." Julian defended looking scared.

"Well obviously you hit her harder than that! Look at her Julian! You could have killed her!!" Ashton screamed.

"Stop yelling at each other and help me. Please." I begged, almost in tears.

It was at this point Lamia re-entered the Stadium complaining about how it was her that always had to do everything. She stopped when she saw me and her mouth opened. It was then that I saw her fangs extend and, if I'm honest, that scared me more than Julian's attack.

As she started coming towards me I realised that the guys were too busy arguing to notice just what was happening. I tried to push myself back but the wound in my shoulder stopped me by providing me with a fresh jolt of pain, sending my nerve's into a screaming rage. I opened my mouth to shout someone but the pain took my voice and rendered me incapable of talking so I just laid there watching her advance upon me. For the second time in a day I had decided on my fate and shut my eyes not wanting to see the outcome. I mean. Who would?

"Let go of me!" I heard Lamia scream and opened my eyes quickly.

Ashton had her pinned to the floor as Julian ran over to me. He picked me up and turned me to face him, stroking my hair.

"You're Okay? She didn't hurt you? Please tell me you're okay!" he said quickly, concern covering his face.

I just nodded, unable to make my voice box project what I was thinking. A look of relief washed over Julian and he pulled me into a hug shakily.

"Good. Good. You're okay. It's all okay. I'm so very sorry I hurt you. I wont do it again. You're okay." he repeated.

This is strange., the voice in my head pointed out and I agreed. This boy had more mood swings than a heavily pregnant lady. In fact, all of them did.

It was then that I started to question if I was truly safe or just in more danger than before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taking me so long to update. I'm have a little writers block with this at the moment so I may have to leave it for a little while and come back again soonish. So sorry if I don't update I'm just struggling. Thanks guys.- Emily.