Sequel: The Epilogue

A Place on My Pillow

.37

“He’s a good kisser,” Polly later told Cady and Sydney who were gathered in Cady’s room with a bag of chocolate covered pretzels.

“That’s all?” Sydney asked.

“Well, he ordered dinner for me and then it turned out to be awful. He did nothing but talk about himself, and didn’t show any interest in me at all except for the fact that I looked good. So, yeah. That’s all.”

“Wow. That sucks, Polly. Good thing you only promised Millie one date to make up for standing him up,” Cady said sympathetically.

“Yeeeeeeeeah, about that,” Polly said slowly.

“You’re going on another date with him, aren’t you?” Sydney guessed. Polly grimaced as she nodded.

“He’s a really good kisser,” she tried to reason in return. Sydney shook her head but said nothing, not judging as she had been in Polly’s place before. Sydney let Cady stare incredulously at the blonde girl, meanwhile plucking a pretzel from the bag.

“But that’s his only good attribute!” Cady said.

Polly shrugged.

“There’s really no one else lining up to date me, Cady. I can’t be picky.”

“Yes, you can!”

Polly shook her head, “Cady, you’re a gorgeous girl. You could have any guy you wanted, just by tilting your head at them. Me? I have to work just to get them to notice me. Not that I really mind, because I prefer the chase but still. I can’t be picky when there’s only two guys in my life right now.”

“And Alex is a much better choice!”

“I’m not saying that Darren is better than Alex. I’m merely stating that Darren has showed a definite interest in dating me. Besides that, Alex is my best friend. The last time I did anything with my best friend, he died. So let’s just leave him off the table of options completely.”

“You’ll end up marrying him some day,” Cady informed Polly and got up, taking the bag of pretzels away from Sydney. She pouted as the thin brunette left the room with them.

“She’s not nice,” Sydney told Polly.

“She’s also wrong.”