Status: All Done: Complete.

Obligated Hockey.

10;

Sidney could’ve shot himself as he dealt with Ellie the next few days.

First he came home from a two day road trip to find she had completely redecorated his apartment. He had frilly orange with beads and tassels for throw pillows, his awards and trophies were jammed into the hall closet with all his movie posters and signed memorabilia, his couch was across the room where it had been and his television was in a new space, the media center complete filled with flowers and knickknacks in the space his television had been and filling up all the empty spaces where other trophies and awards had been. His Olympic medal had even been throw at the bottom of the hall closet like an old useless paper weight. When he’d tried to fix it she simply fought him over it till he gave up.

Secondly she dragged him to all her events to show him off like the price dog he was. He’d heard of trophy wives and girlfriends but he was sure he was the first trophy boyfriend that he knew of to the upper class. Sure puck-sluts used the term as they tried to sink their claws in but he never thought someone of Ellie’s status had ever done it. He went from one fashion to the next where he played on his phone under the table – he was at all new high scores on Angry Birds, Drunken Zombies, and even soduko- instead of schmoozing like he would’ve done at one of the Penguin events.

Thirdly she had done her follow-up interview on the event and stated that she’d been told he was doing something for Charity that night and he hadn’t informed her of having a ticket for her. To which he simply stated, to over half a dozen liars, that Ellie was lying and left it at that.

Calling her a liar on PenTV and to reporters had nearly gotten him beat. He was sure she was going to swing at him, which had surprised him. He never took her for the physically violent but it was obvious she easily could be if pushed in the right directions.

Sighing he stopped at the thud in his living room.

“She rearranged again.” Sid called sheepishly.

“Clearly.” Monroe snapped bitterly. He groaned as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

Not only had Ellie taken her anger out on him Monroe was just as much in Ellie’s line of sight and a huge target. Ellie constantly rearranged his apartment knowing Monroe was over all the time and left her to fend for herself more. He was more worried about Monroe’s safety than anyone else’s when it came to the fact he was fighting with Ellie.

“Sorry.” He groaned. Lifting his gaze he peered out into his living room at her. She huffed at him. “I…I should’ve told you.”

“I should be used to it.” She huffed.

“Are you okay?” he asked looking at her. She nodded stepping back from the small table that sat next to the couch.

“I should start bringing my cane with me here.” She added dryly.

“Probably be smart.” Sidney stated. “Can I ask you a favor?” She nodded, her head turning in his direction. “Would you…I don’t know if you have the room, or if Ellie’s ever at your place, but would we be willing to store all my trophies, prizes and everything she’s hiding in the closet?” He asked hesitantly. If she said no then he would ask Mario or one of the guys he was closer to on the team, but he was afraid with how much he’d been pissing Ellie off she would throw his achievements in the trash or donate them so he could never get them back.

“Yeah. I have room and she’s never at my place. I don’t allow it.” Monroe stated simply. Sidney let out his held breath. “Why?”

“I think she’s going to start getting rid of them to get back at me for calling her a liar all the time.” Monroe grimaced. “Yeah I don’t want to lose them.”

“Yeah you can drop them off at my place later when you take me home.” She smiled. Sidney easily led her into the kitchen and stated he was going to go put them in his SUV that moment so they wouldn’t have to worry about it later. She agreed.

After loading up his SUV and locking it up, he took a deep breath and headed back into his house. Smiling at Monroe sitting at his kitchen table he sat down across from her just watching her.

“I know I’m blind, but I can feel you staring.” Monroe whispered. Sidney flushed looking down as she giggled wildly at him.

“Sorry…I just…” She hummed as he trailed off, trying to urge him to continue. “You…just look really pretty today.” He tried. Nervously looking up at her the blush on her cheeks made his confidence rise. She put her head down and his confidence went with it a little. “I’m sorry, that was out of line.” He covered. Clearing his throat he looked away.

“N-no. Thank-thank you.” She stuttered. He smiled at her boyishly. “I’m not…I’m not used to being complemented.” She finished just as nervously. Sidney only stared.

“I don’t believe that.” He stated seriously. Her head snapped up in his direction at his tone. “You’re stunningly beautiful Monroe. I’m sure you’re told that all the time.” Her cheeks flushed the reddest color he’d ever seen on a person’s face. “I mean that. And if you’re thinking whatever Ellie’s said to you, we both know she’s bitch and mean to everyone.” He added just as strictly.

“I know. But you’re…you’re one of the first guys to call me pretty.” She whispered. She shuffled nervously in her seat and Sidney sighed.

“I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable Roe, I just…I think you’re beautiful.” He shrugged lazily. He could see this conversation ending in complete and utter disaster and heart-break on his part. If this conversation didn’t take a turn for the better soon he knew she’d probably never talk to him again and he wasn’t sure if he’d be able to handle that.

“Thank you.” She stated gently. He muttered a soft and sincere ‘you’re welcome’ at her and messed with the napkin on the table before him, folding it and bunching it up to keep himself busy, not sure what to say next. “I don’t…” He looked up startled. “I don’t know what you look like…” The thought had never crossed his mind before that she didn’t know what he looked like.

“Like George Clooney.” He tried, teasingly. She giggled wildly.

“I have no idea what he looks like either.”

“Then Brad Pitt.” He offered. Anything that would make her think he was handsome and not leave it up to chance that she might find him ugly or even just average.

“Again.” She giggled. “Not a clue.” Sidney hummed and rubbed his chin. Now he had a problem. He laughed his girlish laugh and watched her from around the table.

“Fine.” He decided. Standing he moved around the table. Clearing his throat he kneeled next to her. “What needs to happen so you can see me?” he asked carefully. He watched as she nervously lifted her hands.

His breath caught in his throat as he fingers found his face like butterfly wings to his cheeks. She was so nervously gentle at first then her fingers relaxed and she closed her stunning eyes and her fingers tickled across his skin cheeks. His eyes fluttered closed as her left hand found his nose followed by her right, her hands cupped the sides of his face and her thumbs ran the length and shape of his nose. She turned her hands letting her fingers tips ghost over the back of his eyelids. They danced cross his lashed which kissed his cheeks and around the shape of his eyes.

“What color are your eyes?” He opened his eyes slightly looking up at her. Her eyes were still closed.

“Hazel.” He whispered, afraid to be any louder. Her right hand instantly moved down to his mouth and his lips before she pulled her hand away and moved back to eyes.

She danced her finger tips up to his eyes brows then across and around his forehead until she found his ball cap. Instantly he removed it as she giggled at the discovery and his nervous throat clearing. Her fingers found his hair line before slipping into the front of it slightly letting the dark brown curly locks move through her fingers to find the actual length.

“You’re hairs curly?”

“Yes.” He breathed. “It is dark brown too.” He added seeing her next question on her face. She hummed and let her fingers and hands dance through his locks a bit more. He closed his eyes at the feeling of her slight nails scrape his scalp and play with his hair inquisitively.

“It’s really soft.” She whispered. Laughing gently he said nothing in response as her hands moved back to his forehead and followed the shape of his head around down to his ears. She giggled as he groaned ever so softly and he felt his face heat up with the way her fingers and hands seemed to message his ears. “You’re ears are lopsided.” Sidney’s eyes opened and he looked at her confused. “One’s slightly higher than the other.” It made sense as to why he always felt that his sunglasses sat funny on his face. She messaged them again getting another groaned out of him. “You’re like Thor!” She added with another giggled. He frowned. “You like your ears played with.” He flushed bright red.

“Shut up.” He mumbled. “I’m not used to people touching them.” He added in his defense.

“It’s okay.” She giggled. Her hands moved to his cheeks and found his nose again. “I won’t tell anyone.” Sidney rolled his eyes and felt himself freeze as her thumbs found his upper lip. She trialed the rest of her fingers down and moved to cup his jaw as her thumbs traced his thick pillow lips slowly. She moved them down to his chin and traced the shape of his chin and jaw with her finger tips before her fingers came back to lips.

He couldn’t help himself, he kissed her finger tips and listened to her gasp. His jaw tightened and he swallowed nervously as he took both her hands and kissed her finger tips again.

“Did you get a good look?” He whispered, still afraid to be loud. She nodded, her cheeks flushed red again and he eyes open. “Well?” he asked. “You got a good look at how goofy I look?” He teased trying to lighten the mood. Standing he let go of her hands and leaned again the table.

“You’re not…” She trailed off and let her sentence die there.

“I’m not what?” Sidney asked. “You don’t have to lie to me Roe, I can take it. If you…if you think I’m ugly it’s okay.” He said. It hurt him though knowing she might think he was.

“You’re not.” She stated. He frowned. “You’re not ugly, Sidney…or goof…goofy looking.” She finished. She wouldn’t look at him. “I…” He licked his lips waiting for her to finish. “I get why so many women like George Clooney and Brad Pitt now though.” His heart swelled and he did something stupid at those words and the flush he saw on her cheeks.

He leaned down and kissed her deeply. One hand held the back of her seat and the other held her face so it was angled up towards him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Having trouble writing this now since I had another idea for a Sid story... :/
Working on both though. :)