Status: All Done: Complete.

Obligated Hockey.

02;

Slinging his bag up onto his shoulder he sighed. Ellie and Monroe were outside waiting for him so they could go to lunch. He hadn’t even known Ellie for more than ten minutes as she was already messing with his routines. Instead of going to the gym for an hour, then home for his before game nape, and other routines that would follow he was going out to lunch. Knowing his luck he was going to get gas which would make him more uncomfortable than he was now and thwart all attempts to nap before the game, resulting in him completely and utterly sucking in first game back if they actually cleared him in time. Just what he needed.

“Dude.” Glancing at Jordan Staal floundering he nodded.

“I have a feeling even if you say no and try and avoid her, she’ll be like a bad stalker.” TK stated finishing Jordan’s thoughts as he pointed.

“You, screwed.” Geno sighed. Sidney let his shoulders drop at their words.

“What do you think would happen if you were a total ass to her?” Marc-Andre asked quickly, trying to find a loop hole in the fine print.

“You mean besides her running to dad crying and complaining?” Sidney asked carefully. “Oh, I don’t know probably a whole section, if not a whole paper, in the Pittsburg times on how I’m a total fucking asshole. You know,” He shrugged irritated with the situation. “The usual stuff that screws me over.” He snapped bitterly.

Groaning he sank down onto the bench and rubbed his face. They’d purposefully picked a girl he couldn’t simply ditch, or talk out of the whole ordeal. No they’d gone to such great lengths to make sure he was stuck in the situation it was unbelievable.

“I’m so screwed.” Sidney grumbled into his hands.

“That what say.” Geno laughed, patting him on the back. “If need help, ask. Geno help.” He added. Sidney smiled at the huge Russian and nodded.

“Thanks.” He sighed standing up. “I guess it’s off to ruin my routine and chances of getting back on the ice.” He grumbled walking across the room to the closed locker room door. It was the only thing keeping him safe it felt like, the locker room door. If he opened it he would be accepting the situation and there was no turning back, yet it was a double standard he couldn’t leave no matter the situation without opening it.

“We’re here for you if you need anything.” Tanger stated simply. Sidney nodded as he pulled the door open and looked back at most his team.

Forcing a smile he bobbed his head and left. If he needed anything they wouldn’t be able to help, because he needed everything at the moment and none of them could give it to him. He need for Ellie to not agree to this, or want to do this so he could talk her out of it. He needed to be cleared to actually play again. He needed to go to the gym and start his pre-game routine. He needed an antacid of some kind to stop what he figured was heart burn to stop the burn in his chest and gut. He needed an anti-nausea medicine to ease and get rid of the need and feeling to puke. But mostly, what he needed was to wake up from this nightmare and he knew it wasn’t going to happen.

“Ellie?” The voice was soft and delicate and snapped him right out of his thoughts. Lifting his gaze he stopped staring at Monroe tugging back on Milo’s leash. The leash was mostly wrapped and twisted around both her wrists as she tried to not use her cut up hands.

Swallowing at the sight of her he licked his lips. Why did she have to be so pretty?

“Ellie?” She called again. She sounded scared. Walking over to her he looked around as well. Where the hell was Ellie? “Ell…no!” Sidney reached out grabbing the leash from the hyper dog.

“I got him.” He stated softly, his chest nearly pressed to Monroe’s back as he reached around her to hold onto the leash. He watched her cheeks darken in color and smirked. He really liked making her blush. “You okay?” He asked. Pulling Milo back he took a step away from her. If he didn’t give them space he wasn’t sure what he’d do. She was too pretty, too sweet, too angelic, too easy to make blush. She had the whole damsel in distress thing going for her without meaning to and he just wanted to be the knight in shining armor to whisk her away and do unholy and dirty things to and with her.

Shaking his head and tugging back on the leash as Milo he sighed at the thoughts running through his head. This was not the time to be thinking about things like that.

“I’m fine. Thank you.” She whispered. He watched as her blush deepened and bit his lip. He wondered how red she would turn if he kissed her? Shaking his head he looked around again.

“Where’s your sister?” He asked gently. Amazed with himself he mental patted himself on the back for not asking ‘where’s satan’, which is exactly what he wanted to ask. He was proud and amazed he hadn’t.

Monroe shrugged.

“I don’t know she was here a moment ago.” She sighed as she held her arms to her chest. “She always does this.” He wasn’t sure if he was meant to hear that or not but he didn’t like that she’d even uttered those words. Ellie always left her blind sister to fend for herself? What kind of monster was Ellie?

Reaching out he gently took one of her hands, stopping as she gasped and locked up. Giving a soft apology he placed her hand on his bicep and smiled. Monroe gripped, instantly, at his suit jacket as her other hand found his arm as well. He could see and feel the need for human contact and assistance in her movement and although she was blind her eyes reflected the same need. Giving her hand a gentle squeeze to prove he was there he took in a deep breathe.

“Let’s go find her, shall we?” He asked gently. Monroe only nodded. “Let me know if I walk too fast for you okay?” He added as they began down the hallway. Monroe nodded, keeping her head down as she held onto him and he tried to not let Milo drag the two of them off down the hallway. “You don’t need to be embarrassed or ashamed.” He stated after moments of silence. He wanted to hear her talk but she didn’t respond. “Sometimes everyone just needs help and I know the Consol isn’t the easiest place to navigate even with sight. Trust me. There are some days even I get confused and mixed up.” He stated. In recent months that was true. With his head always messing with him he often got himself mixed up in the maze like underbelly of the Consol center.

“I’m just…I’m not helpless.” She whispered.

“I never said you were.” Sidney countered. “But everyone needs help sometimes and it’s no reason to be ashamed or embarrassed.” He shrugged lightly as he gave her a smile, forgetting she couldn’t see it for a moment.

“I know but…I always need help.” She mumbled sadly.

“So?” he questioned. Her head shot up.

“You don’t need help going places, or around the house if things get rearranged.” She shot a bit irritated. He nodded at her words and hummed softly.

“Yes but…okay, look at it this way. You always need help because you’re going places. I’m sure there are other blind people out in the world that never need help, but I bet they never go anywhere. They stay in their homes and their places of comfort and never go anywhere new because of that fact. You’re somewhere new. It’s not your fault you can’t see but it is a good thing even with that fact you’re still living your life instead of hiding in a place of comfort. You may need help but everyone needs help when they’re exploring new places, you just need a little more than the average person. Now you can’t tell me that’s a bad thing? Living your life.” He asked. Monroe worried her bottom lip but said nothing. Sighing he lead them on in silence hoping he hadn’t offended her.

“Thank you.” She stated after a few moments. Humming in surprise he glanced down at her. “I’d never looked at it that way before.” She lifted her head and smiled in his general direction, he liked to think that she was smiling at him. “So thank you.”

“Don’t worry about.” He smiled down at her.

Pushing open the door he guided her out first before following. Looking around he took in a deep breath of the fresh crisp November air of Pittsburg and looked around the snow dusted parking lot as little flurries and chunks as the snow began to get ready to really set in for the winter.

Stopping as the shiver against his arm he looked down at Monroe holding a little tighter to him in her thin grey sweater that he knew wasn’t keeping her warm at all.

“There you two are!” Ellie giggled. Sidney looked up at her startled, a part of him had hoped she’d completely left so he wouldn’t have to deal with them. Swallowing he forced a smile at her. “I figured we could go to Ricardo’s for lunch.” She added. Sidney grimaced lightly at the restaurant, it wasn’t a bad place to eat but Italian was not what his stomach needed before his first game back.

“I’d love to join you too but tonight’s my first game back so I should really be getting ready for it.” Sidney stated honestly. Also if he could avoid her for the rest of the day and night he was hoping he could keep that ball rolling.

“The game isn’t until later tonight.” Ellie stated. Sidney nodded lightly.

“Yes but I haven’t played in almost a year. I should rest before hand so I’m ready to play.” He admitted honestly.

The pursed hate filled lips and irritated glare he got in return made him swallow the lump forming in his throat and his heart miss a beat. He was going to lunch whether he liked it or not.