Status: All Done: Complete.

Obligated Hockey.

03;

Sitting at the table by the window he licked his lips. All he had was a salad it was the best bet for his stomach. His eyes moved across the table at the two girls eating across from him. Ellie had a salad much like him but Monroe had actual food, it looked delicious but he knew before a game he couldn’t handle it. He suddenly felt like a high priced model starving himself to be thin. As that thought crossed his mind he glanced at Ellie before down at his food.

Leaning on the table he looked between the two of them as Ellie babbled on and on about something. Monroe seemed just as disinterested in the topic as he was. He wasn’t even sure what it was, he wasn’t sure if it had to do with a charity or someone named Charity. Humming he nodded at her trying to figure it out and looked interested.

The back of his mind was screaming at him to go home and go to bed for his nap. He’d already missed his gym time or any possible way to go to the gym like the rest of his team. His first game back he was going to completely flounder on the ice and suck, he knew it. He could feel it in his gut and his bones.

“Sid.” Humming he looked at Ellie only to shift his attention into the direction Ellie’s had gone. Monroe had spoken, not Ellie. Humming again he watched her. “Could you help me?” she asked weakly, nervously as she shifted.

“With what?” He asked gently. He’d help her with anything she wanted.

“Could you escort me to the bathroom?” Looking at Ellie for permission he found her talking to someone else at the table behind them. Clearly why he hadn’t been yelled at yet and the reason he was being asked. He owed those people tickets to a game or something.

“Of course.”

Standing he helped her up and lead her to the bathroom. He felt awkward and out of place waiting by the women’s bathroom, even more so when a group of women passed him to go to the bathroom and shot him confused and slightly disgusted looks. Sighing he tapped the wall behind him as he leaned against it waiting. His head shot up at the door opening and one of the women who’d just passed helping Monroe out. The woman smiled at him approvingly and nodded, forcing a smile he took Monroe’s hand.

“Thank you.” He stated to her. The woman nodded. “You good now?” Monroe nodded as she adjusted the ends of her sleeves.

“Yes. Thank you.” Looping his arms with hers he smiled at her. “You’re rather quite you know that?” She pointed out. Sidney took in a slow breath.

“I could say the same for you.” Monroe only flushed and put her head down in response.

“I’m sorry we’re keeping you from your pre-game stuff.” Sidney was floored by her words. “I didn’t know.” She added. “Till you mentioned it.” He shrugged knowing she felt it.

“Not everything goes to plan and sometimes plans simply change.” He couldn’t believe how media he was being with her. She was being honest and sincere and he couldn’t be the same with her knowing the fact that he was irritated, jittery, and terrified would come out and he’d make an ass out of himself by calling her sister evil.

Sitting back at the table he caught the irritated glanced from Ellie and only smiled at her. He couldn’t even pick up where her one side conversation had left off to make it seem as if he’d been listening to her. What she’d been babbling about was pointless to him.

“Are you going to the game tonight?” he countered with instead. Ellie looked at him confused before she smiled.

“Of course. Daddy has box seats.” Ellie smiled at him. “I never miss a game.” She added leaning on the table towards him. Sidney nodded and smiled at her.

“That’s good. I’m sure it’ll be a good one.” He stated simply.

“Of course it will be. It’s your first game back. It’ll me monumental.” Who uses monumental in basic conversation? Was his first thought but dared not voice it.

“I hope so.” He simply forced a smile at her as he sat in his chair perfectly up right, forearms barely resting on the table so it wasn’t completely obvious he was leaning back away from her.

Lunch took another twenty minutes before they parted ways leaving Sidney with a fat bill. Racing home he instantly dropped into routine and ritual mode and found himself in bed trying to not over think his situation and actually nap.

He was failing miserably.

“You look like someone dragged your around by your balls.” Sidney looked up from the making his peanut butter and jelly sandwich to James Neal and Jordan Staal munching away on something. Lifting a hand his mouth floundered for words. He hadn’t slept a bit and he was more than irritated about it.

“Thank you for the visual Neal.” Neal just gave a salute to him as he stuffed more food in his mouth. “and shouldn’t you be wearing a Hawaiian shirt?” Neal lifted his plain shirt to show off the Hawaiian one under it. “Good.” Was all Sidney could snap in his direction as he went back to what he was doing.

“So?” Sidney glanced up at Jordan’s call. “You get rid of her?” He pressed.

“No.” Sidney grumbled slamming the two halves of his sandwich together. “I didn’t get any of my routines done either.” He added viciously biting his sandwich. “So don’t expect much from me tonight.” He grumbled sadly. His first game and he couldn’t even get his routines going.

“Ew. No good.” Both grumbled at him. Nodding he moved to his usual seat and began eating his sandwich while going over every little detail in his head. Trying to find a way to get everything to go his way he sighed heavily.

Halfway dressed he stood and stepped out into the hallway for a breather. Running his hands over his face he took in a deep breath as he paced the hallway. His body locked up and froze at the shrill giggle of a yell in his direction as he watched Geno walk out to talk to him. His body shifted as two thin arms latched around him.

“Hi Sid.” Looking down at Ellie he forced a nervous smile at her. She looked ready to go on a high end shopping trip rather than see a hockey game. She took a step back and reached up shifting some of his short hair back.

Instantly he pulled back at her touch and got a glare that should’ve set him ablaze. Licking his lips he stumbled slightly at the little paws digging into his leg. Shifting his gaze down to the little yellow lab he frowned at the missing vest as it yapped up at him.

“Milo.” Ellie snapped grabbing the dog roughly. Sidney instantly reached out as the dog yelped. Seeming to just touching Ellie seemed to calm her as she released the dog watching him.

“There’s no need to be so rough him.” He stated softly.

Jumping back at the loud whistle he whirled around to look down the hallway with Geno and Ellie. Monroe was being lead down the hallway by a small German Shepard. Swallowing he held back his smile at the sight of her. She looked ready to watch a hockey game. He paused at the simple fact of her blindness caught him a touch off guard. How was she going to watch the game?

She let out another whistle and Milo went bounding back to her, his tail between his legs in fear. Sighing Sidney tossed Ellie’s hand away as he glared at her slightly.

“You don’t have to be mean.” Sidney stated, trying not to be rude. “And what are you doing here?” He asked a bit rougher.

“I wanted to tell you good luck.” He wanted to smash his head into a wall. He’d have better luck if she hadn’t kept him away from his pre-game routines and rituals. Nodding he smiled and thanked her softly. “You know, you can be a dick to me all you want.” She whispered stepping up to him with a smirk. “But I don’t give up that easy.” She tapped his nose and walked off down the hallway. “Let’s go Monroe.” She snapped bitterly as Monroe finally reached them.

Monroe seemed to flounder as she came to a stop. The German Shepard looked up at Sidney as he stared at it. It was still a puppy by the size of it. Tipping his head he looked at the vest and the collar. The name tag clearly read ‘Thor’ on it. Licking his lips he reached out and touched Monroe, watching as she jumped.

“Sorry.” He stated softly. “Why are you here?” His question wasn’t rude, like it’d been toward Ellie, it was simple confusion in his voice. “You can’t watch the game, can you?” He added to seem less rude, though the words sounded awful and bitter on his tongue as he asked them.

“No, but I can listen.” She smiled in his direction. Smiling he nodded. He liked the sound of that. Monroe listening to every one of his games still cheering him on even with her handicap; if it was even really a handicap at all with the way she went about her day it seemed. He really like the idea of that.

“You listen good then!” Geno stated. She turned, hand out stretched she touched him. “Sorry. I Geno.” He introduced himself to the stunned and scared woman before him.

“Monroe. I didn’t realize someone else was here.” She giggled. Flushing a soft pink she put her head down embarrassed she’d missed the oversized Russian now chuckling at her.

“Just Geno.” Geno beamed happily. Sid took Monroe’s other out stretched hand as she reached for him.

“Well then I guess I get to wish you luck too then Geno.” Geno beamed happily and laughed as Sid did. His laugh sounded oddly off to him though, irritated. “Good luck boys. And have fun.” Geno nodded and patted her head. “I should go before Ellie gets mad. Stairs.” She stated. Thro turned and began pulling her the way she’d come from slowly. “Have fun and good luck boys. I’ll be listening!” She called as she and her dogs left.

The thought of her listening and wishing him the best on the ice seemed to fuel a new fire in his chest more than just returning to his favorite game was doing to him. If she was listening then he was going to make damn sure she heard his name as much as possible. Smiling at Geno he nodded his head and slapped his hands together.

“Why you no date sister? She nice.” Sidney groaned at Geno’s question. “Other girl evil. You hear what she say to you?” He gasped. Laughing Sidney nodded at how pre-teen Geno had sounded over the gossip he was sure to spread. Geno loved his gossip Sidney couldn’t deny that. “Evil.” He gasped at him surprised. “Think you talk to Mario, something seem wrong here.” He added. Sidney nodded as well. Something was off with the situation but he was going to focus on the game first his fake evil girlfriend last.

“Focus on the game Geno. That’s what I’m doing.” Nodding Geno went back into the locker room, more than likely to tell everyone one what Ellie had said and done to him. “Focus kid.” He told himself as he looked down the now empty hallway. Monroe was going to hear his name as often as he could possible help tonight.

Heading back into the locker room with a new fire in his chest he set to work on finishing getting ready.
♠ ♠ ♠
Olease comment I want to know what you lovely readers and subscribers think so far. :)