Status: All Done: Complete.

Obligated Hockey.

06;

Lightly pushing the fake plant leave to the side he watched as it swayed back into place. His lips were pursed in concentration and boredom as he played with the fake plant. Sitting in some high class coffee shop at ten in the morning was not what he wanted to be doing. The fake plant was far more interesting than who was across from him. Glancing at Ellie talking about something he turned his attention back to the plant, it was far more fascinating and it wasn’t talking about what Sarah had said to Michael the other day. Whoever the hell Sarah and Michael were.

“Are you listening to me?” Snapping his gaze to her he hummed softly at her. “No.” She growled staring blankly at him.

“I don’t care about what someone did to someone else.” He stated gently. “I think that’s what you were talking about.” Crossing her arms she stared at him blankly. Shrugging he looked back at the still swaying fake leaf. He would’ve never guessed fake plants were so entertaining.

“I was talking about what was happening at my job.” She huffed. Sidney turned to her confused.

“You mean daddy doesn’t fund your every move?” He knew it was a low blow but that’s what he was going for. He wanted to make her walk away from him so he wouldn’t get in trouble for completely and utterly blowing her off and ditching her. If he made her not like him and she left him, he was in the clear. Atleast that was the plan for now until he and Mario worked out another, more precise and speedy plan.

“I work at a fashion company and I’m a model, so no. Daddy doesn’t.” Ellie huffed. Shrugging he pursed his lips a bit surprised.

“Didn’t know.” He mused honestly. “And I still don’t care.” He added off handedly. She flared her nostrils at him and leaned back in her seat. “I care about the fact that I’m not at the gym trying to fight this concussion.” He added to prove his point. Every chance he got to prove she was hindering and holding his back in his career comeback he took. It never bothered her and she always brushed it off.

“Well if you need a work out… I know a way to get a good cardio one.” Sidney stopped. They’d only been dating for a few weeks and she was already hinting towards sex when she knew he didn’t like her? Girl had some guts he had to give her that.

He had the sudden thought to put her on the ice a few feet in front of Flower, no pads, no gear, just the usual pissed off angry look he always got. Tell her, the other team was keeping him from her, and see how quickly the other team ran from her. He knew he’d atleast stop at the blue line if he got that look from her on the ice, he’s side or not, he’d stop. He wondered if others would to or if he was just that scared of her.

He hoped he wasn’t just that scared of her.

Humming he pursed his lips slightly. Jordan, Kris, and half his team would stop terrified of her while the other half, like Geno, would try to run her down. Penalty or not, they’d go for it, or atleast try and make a goal off her forehead. He’d like to do that. Shoot a puck at her face, maybe she’d stop talking if he did? The sad part to that thought, his conscious told him he’d never purposely shoot a puck at a girl’s face –in the right protective gear or not- it was just cruel and he was too soft hearted for something like that.

“You mean run away from you trying not to scream for dear life?” He pressed, being a complete jackass. “Why that sounds fantastic. Thanks for the idea.” Getting up he dropped a few bills on the table and turned walking away quickly.

His car seemed so far in the parking lot as he moved towards it, not daring to look back. He only had the key in the lock when she appeared next to him glaring. Jumping he covered his heart.

“You know you’re turning out to be a real jackass.” She huffed at him.

“I wonder why.” He shot back. “How many times do I have to tell you? I’m not okay with this.” He added a bit softer. “I don’t know you, I don’t like that you’re messing with my schedule, and I don’t want a girlfriend.”

“Too bad.” She shot. Lifting his arms he leaned against his SUV and sighed. “I want this. I don’t care too terribly much about your schedule, and I’m your girlfriend. Deal with it.” She hissed. Sidney couldn’t believe it. She was letting him see her inner evil in public and on a date no less.

“So much for that helping a friend out shit you were preaching in the locker room.” He grumbled at her. He hoped she’d recall her words that day, no matter how fake they were, and try to show him real genuine kindness and caring.

“That was just to make your teammates like me.” Sidney glanced at her with a raised brow. She clearly had no idea how to impress his teammates. She needed to drop the fake kindness and simply pull out a shirt two sizes too small with a push-up bra, a short skirt that’d show her G-string, and a pair of stripper heels. The single half of the team wouldn’t like her for the right reasons, but they would sure like to stare at her all day long so they’d ask him to bring her around if she dressed like a slut. That was the way she should’ve gone on the first day if she wanted them to like her, even just a little.

“Well you failed at that too.” He grumbled. Standing up he adjusted his tee shirt and glanced at her with her hand still on the drive side door. “Now get in or get out of my way.” He sighed. Prying the door open he climbed in without looking at her. Rubbing his face he held back the scream in his throat and started the car as she climbed in.

“Take me home.” She demanded. She sounded like a spoiled child who’d had her dessert taken away from her before dinner. Rolling his eyes at her he threw the car in drive reluctantly.

“Yes princess.” He growled at her. He wasn’t a lackey or servant for her to bark orders at.

The Ellis manor was something to gawk at. It was huge, overdone, over-priced, and elegant. Parking in front of the door he glanced at Ellie. It was his best, get out of my car right now, look. She simply smiled at him as he waited for her to get out.

“Do you wanna come in?” She asked sweetly. Fluttering her lashes he could see her shift her chest in his direction so the slight v in her sweater showed more cleavage.

“No.” He stated. Tapping his fingers against the steering wheel he hoped she got the point. If this was any other woman he’d assume she was dense or stupid, but not Ellie he knew it was all a ploy a game of simple cat and mouse to her. He was the mouse, a very broken, bruised, and angrily depressed little mouse.

“Too bad.” She shot throwing the vehicle in park and twisting the key, taking it with her as she finally got out of the now parked vehicle.

Rolling his jaw he debated if he could get away with simply sitting in his SUV till she threw the key at him in a fit of rage. Pursing his lips he looked at the base of the steering column. Why’d he have to grow up being a complete and utterly good boy? Why couldn’t he have had one friend who was metaphorically from the wrong side of the tracks who could’ve showed him in his teenage-years to hot wire a car? Maybe now was the best time to learn, he had all the time in the world till she tried to kill him… which wouldn’t be so bad, as long as he wasn’t around her any more…

Pushing open the door he got out of the SUV slowly, painfully. He couldn’t believe he was listening to her. Heading up the front steps he stuffed his hands into his pockets and sighed softly to himself. He felt like an abused puppy. Though the master kicked and beat him he still followed and listened to get fed everyday with hopes to run away and escape to a better master knowing it was most than likely never going to happen. Where were the Animal Abuse Police when he needed them? Or in this case the Hockey Player Abuse and Witness Protection Agency, he could sure as hell use that right now.

“Hurry up slow poke.” He jumped as she poked his nose with a giggle. A growl was locked in his throat somewhere as he thought of biting her finger off. He might get a disease from her but she sure as hell wouldn’t have bothered him again, hopefully. The risk was too great and he didn’t want her vile disease anyway. “I think Daddy’s home.” She added heading inside.

Sidney managed to not hit his head against the nearest tall column before following her. He was in no shape to meet Roger Ellis. He was in an old t-shirt and ratty jeans. Oh yeah he was in all kinds of shape to meet one of the men that funded his team and more than half the city of Pittsburg.

Swallowing he shuffled around in the great front entrance nervously. He made close to 8million a year and everything in the simple front entrance was worth his whole NHL pay up till current and he still couldn’t afford everything in the room.

Nerves hit him like a ten tone brick as Ellie began pulling him through the house with a laugh. He ended up in a more subtle living area, stairs parted either way from the center of the room to the top of the stairs, they were large slanted spirals it seemed or they were atleast designed to look that way. They had white columns with gold detailing in the molding. He bit back the whistle as he looked up at the huge chandelier hanging from the middle of the ceiling. The different colored gems sparked and glimmered, he wouldn’t be surprised if they were real gems and not fakes.

“Where’s daddy?” Ellie snapped irritated as she reentered the room. Sidney looked around for someone else in the room and found no one.

“He just left.” The soft voice pulled his gaze to the top of one of the stairs. Monroe was walking her way down them. Swallowing he took in the sight of her using the railing as she easily guided herself down. He found the small German Shepard, Thor, at the base of the stairs waiting for her. “I think Arnold picked him up. Something about a lunch meeting.” She clarified as she reached the base of the stairs. Sidney swallowed roughly at her in a pair of small black yoga shorts and a simple white tank top that showed off the deep purple bra she was wearing under it.

Looking away he let out a slow breath and began thinking of horrible things: Staals and Max seeing who could bounce their dicks higher on each hip thrust, his grandma in her underwear, his neighbor mowing his backyard naked like normal, and everything and anything else he could think of along those disturbing pathways.

“I wanted him to meet Sid.” He was brought back from his horrible and vile thoughts at his name. He looked at Ellie now clinging to him with a giggle. Forcing a smile he tried to not snap at her to get off him.

“He said he’d be back by five at the latest.” Monroe stated as she walked off through a different door. She hadn’t talked to him since the day in the hallway of the CONSOL before practice where she’d questioned his feeling and relationship with Ellie.

“Okay, wait what are you doing here?” Ellie snapped. “You don’t live here anymore.” As she said that Monroe hit a table. She gripped it tightly as she hissed in pain and tried to steady herself.

Hissing Sidney watched as she moved it slowly.

“I noticed.” Monroe mumbled. “Every time I come over it’s always rearranged.” She added to herself as she kept moving. Ellie huffed following after her. Sidney wasn’t sure if he should follow or not. He decided against it.

“Get in here Sid!” Rang out moments later in pure anger. Hanging his head he followed like the tortured puppy he was. He wanted a new owner, this one sucked. He’d prefer the an owner that knew how to treat a dog, like Monroe. She wouldn’t kick him or torture him like Ellie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't be a silent reader and even if you are, thank you for reading. :)