About A Girl

ACT 3

Elise is at school and sees Anthony coming down the corridor and turns around and walks the other way with Lauren. Lauren asks Elise why she is avoiding Anthony and Elise explains that she is not proud of what she has done and doesn’t want to see Anthony.

Elise is in English class and sees Todd at the back of the room and goes to sit with him. Todd asks if she is okay because he hasn’t seen her around recently, she explains that it’s hard to explain. Todd mutters under his breath that his brother probably hasn’t even noticed.

It is lunchtime at school and Elise is sitting with her friend Lauren, Anthony comes over to her and asks her if she would like to come over after school. Lauren convinces Elise to go.

The doorbell rings and Todd answers the door. Todd explains to Elise that Anthony is not home, but he will be soon. Elise says she will stay and wait. While Elise waits for Anthony to come home she spends the time with Todd. Todd offers her a drink and something to eat and the two of them sit on the couch. Elise explains to Todd that she doesn’t think that Anthony is interested in her for anything other than her body and confesses that she hasn’t been treating him right either. The two teenagers notice the time and that it has been two hours.

Anthony walks in the door and is surprised to see Elise. Elise explains that she needs to go home and he offers to walk her home, but as they walk out the door Anthony’s phone rings and he explains that he has to go to a mates and leaves. Todd Walks Elise home. When they get to her front door Todd lets known that he has feelings for Elise and has for a while. Elise looks him in the eyes and Todd kisses her. Elise pulls away and tells her his brother treats her like shit, he does not care about her. He asks her why she is with him and when will she stop disrespecting herself just to get attention. Todd says he has been there for her and given her the time of day and she has never even noticed. Elise enters her house and goes upstairs into her room and cries.

Elise walks down the brothers’ street again and before she can knock on the door it opens and out comes Todd. She explains that she needs to talk to Anthony because of what happened the night before. Todd tells her that she shouldn’t, but she pushes past him and goes into Anthony room and sees him making out with another girl. The girl looks at Anthony and asks who Elise is. Elise tears up and tells him she is done and leaves.

As she leaves, Elise runs into Todd he tells her he’ll walk her home. Elise invites Todd in sills everything. She explains how all she ever wanted was to be loved while searching for love she became obsessed with getting attention and how she would do anything to get it. She cries that she doesn’t want that anymore and she is sorry for hurting him. Todd puts his arms around Elise and tells her that she’s going to be okay. Todd leaves and Elise walks into her house and comes face to face with her parents who smile and ask her how her day was.