Sequel: This Ends Now.
Status: Sequel is coming your way soon :D

Forever Hold My Heart

The magic words.

I was softly shaken awake. I opened my eyes it was Julian.
"Hey lounge time is going to be over in 5 minutes and Daniel and me wanted to know if you wanted to go with us the our next class." Julian said and I sat up I still felt pretty beat up but some of the pain had subsided.
"What class is it?" I asked
"You'll see come on it'll be fun," Julian said
"Am I allowed to be there though?" I asked
"Yeah Mathews our instructor." Daniel said
"Or you could go with Damien," Julian said
"Yeah you could be my Krav Maga partner," Damien said and he had an evil smile.
"What's Krav Maga?" I asked
"Maybe you should go with Damien," Eddie said to me as if I was some hopeless lost puppy.
"Hey it's not my fault you guys have grown up with all this." I said
"You know we're just kidding don't take everything to the heart," Damien said, "Plus I wouldn't let you come, I think you've had enough beating for one day."
"Thanks," I said sarcastically. I got up and stretched I heard my bones crack.
"We're off," Julian said and he put his arm around my waist and started guiding me towards their class.
"Okay," I said and I took his arm away from me. We walked into a room that had a whole bunch of cabinets.
"Katelyn?" I looked and Mathew was holding a bunch of keys.
"Hey," I waved awkwardly, it was quiet as I watched Mathew just looking at the guys.
"Alright, Katelyn you'll be sticking by me." Mathew said and he opened a cabinet and pulled out two guns. He handed them to the boys. "Just practicing in the shooting range nothing to special."
"Wow, we learn how to use guns." I said
"We'll teach you everything to help you guys out there." Mathew said.
"I can tell," I said and Mathew was handing out more guns to whoever walked in. I didn't recognize anyone so I just stood there rubbing my side. Until Mathew handed me a small hand gun.
"Wow I would get the smallest gun," I said
"Hey be glad I'm giving you a gun at all." Mathew said and I gave a small nod. We walked into another room it actually wasn't a room it was a hallway. On the left side there was a plain wall on the right side there were doors with windows in between each door. We walked down to the last door, but as we did I looked through the windows and could see two guys per room. Actually it was a shooting range so they were behind counters shooting at targets that would pop up. Except everything that kept popping up was so fast. We walked in and mine was nothing fancy it was actually plain no targets in sight.
"So what exactly is the point of all these test if we could just learn how to use guns and some simple fighting skills." I asked and he took out a box that had gun cartridges.
"It was your dad that fought for the system that we have today." Mathew said taking my gun. "He believed that we should be ready for anything."
"But my dad was only 24 when he died," I said
"Well he always suggested it, and after he died the board decided to take everything he said into consideration. So they increased the severity of all our skills making sure that in the future whatever situation we'd have to face we'd be prepared." He said
"Were you and my dad close?" I asked
"We were team members," was all he said handing me my gun.
"Oh please stop with the details." I said
"Now isn't the time, the boys asked me to explain to you how you might have a chance at the tests rounds." Mathew said and he pushed a button causing a target in the shape of a human to come out.
"I guess," I said
"Do you remember when I told you a Custos gets what a Custos wants?" He said and I nodded, "Well that's because we can will things to happen and also we can persuade people to do what we want. This skill is called persuasion, every Custos has it. Except some are better at it than others, which is why we don't really like you guys to rely on this skill. But from what I hear you might have potential."
"Oh this is going to help me how?" I asked
"Well if we can train you to use persuasion then you can convince your opponent to let you win." He said
"How do you win? And the guys were talking about making me hide or something which I think is ridiculous. So how do we get points." I asked
"Well this time around we decided that the test will be individuals meaning you'll only have to fight someone one on one. Also the way you win is if your opponent says they forfeit. As for team points you get points for winning. But this is just one of many tests that can be given out. It just so happens that your team got everyone to sign up for the most intense one." Mathew said
"What other test are there?" I asked
"Well for example; I might test how well you guys can shoot and depending on everyone's performance we'll give you points." Mathew said
"Oh I guess I can see why they chose the one they did." I said looking at my gun.
"Alright so you ready to learn how to shoot like a pro," Mathew smiled.

The two weeks went by faster than I would have ever expected. Team test were in three days and here I was working my ass off in team training. I was stressed and overwhelmed by all the pressure. I was really trying but nothing seemed good enough. I got the whole persuasion skill down. I got the guys doing things they wouldn't have done otherwise like bringing me lunch or even taking notes for me. I realized the key to getting someone to do what I wanted was to get a good look in their eyes while talking to them. I did have a bit of doubt but my team members would reassure me and plus they said if I felt like it wasn't working then I could go ahead and forfeit and they wouldn't be mad. I had even asked Travis what my back up plan could be and he suggested that I forfeit but he said it was highly unlikely that it wouldn't work so that I shouldn't even worry about it.
"Alright we'll call it a day," Eddie said and I threw myself on the grass.
"Are you alright?" Blake asked and I waved him away
"I'm just tired," I said and he sat down next to me. I looked up and saw that the other guys had walked off.
"You know you've really improved a lot," Blake said
"Thanks, but it doesn't feel like it," I said resting my head on my arms.
"You just want to rush things but you really are doing a good job. I mean I think it's funny," he said
"What's funny?" I asked raising an eyebrow
"That the other team members are quick to judge you by your long hair and the way you carefully pick out your matching out fits, but you really got it in you," He said
"What have people said about me?" I asked
"Well other team members kind of think you're a joke, but I know you're not." He said
"This is making me feel so much better," I said with so much sarcasm, "I mean I'm a girl not a glass figurine."
"Well it's kind of our fault too," Blake said a little hesitant. "Our plan was if we got other teams to think not to take you serious then the day of testing, they might be a bit over confident. So it would give you an advantage."
"I question the way you guys reason." I said
"We're only trying to help you," Blake said
"I know but I want people to take me serious," I said and he nodded in understanding.
"Don't worry after this people will take you more serious. Plus because of your specialty they have no choice but to respect you." Blake said
"I guess," I said getting into a sitting position.
"Well I'll see you later I got to get to my next class," Blake said getting up and messing up my hair as he went along. I sat there and thought to myself, I needed something to prove that I wasn't joke.

Today was team testing and in an hour we would all have to report to the longue.
"Alright we've worked hard for this," Eddie said taking a look at all of us, "Although the other teams know what we're capable of they will underestimate you."
I nodded as he looked at me.
"But that's not going to stop us, we are a team and no matter what happens we will always be brothers at heart, and you'll always be our sister," Eddie added in awkwardly towards me. Eddie's speech would've probably been really good if he wasn't so nervous for me.
"Alright, everyone get ready; we have one hell of a day," Eddie said and we all went to get ready. I had a plan and I wasn't sure if I was ready. I went to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I stared at myself in the mirror and brushed my fingers through my long hair. I reached down into my bag and pulled out a pair of scissors. I had cut my hair once but that was a long time ago when I didn't want my mom to know that I had gotten gum caught in my hair. I stood above the trash can as I grabbed a strand of my hair and slowly cut it. With each piece it got easier and easier. When I was done, I ran my hand through my hair or what was left of it. It was really short, about 2 inches all around. I put the scissors back in my bag and headed back to my room. I glanced in and didn't see anyone so I walked over to get dressed. I put whatever clothes without even thinking about it. I was nervous and I kept reaching for hair that wasn't even there anymore. When I was ready I looked down at my phone I had to be in the lounge in 15 minutes. I sat on my bed and closed my eyes. I took slow deep breaths.
I heard someone walk into the room, I opened one eye and it was Travis. He walked over to me and sat down. I looked down at my hands then he put his hand under my chin and made me look at him. He had a smile on his face.
"You are one crazy kid," he said and he patted my head. "I like your new hairstyle."
"Thanks," I said and he got up and opened the little closet we shared.
"You don't mind if I get dressed in here do you?" he asked
"No, the other guys do it all the time, I'm use to it now," I said closing my eyes again and taking another deep breath. I didn't look while Travis got ready, I think it would be awkward if he caught me checking him out. There's only one person who's caught me and that was Adrian but I don't think he minded at all. Either that or he just didn't want to call me out since my face was probably a deep shade of red.
"Relax," Travis said and I looked at him, thankfully he was already dressed.
"You knew my dad right?" I asked
"Yeah what makes you ask," He said
"Do you think he would be proud to say he's my father?" I asked
"More than you can imagine," He said
"Thanks that means a lot," I said giving him a small smile. I looked down at my phone I needed to be at the lounge in 7 minutes.
"Alright," He trailed off, "Well then I'll see you at the longue. I would hurry because your team wants to talk to you before the actual test begin."
"What is it?" I asked
"Well actually you might see before they get to tell you but just hurry." I heard him walk away.
I got up from my bed and jogged in place really quick before I hurried off. I was so nervous I was even contemplating not showing up. But I was going to show the world that I can do this. The walk to the lounge only added to my nervousness, there was no sign of life, everything felt so eerie. As I started walking towards the doors, Damien walked out. He stopped and just stared.
"That bad?" I said self consciously reaching to touch my head.
"You know surprisingly I like this look better on you," He said
"Thanks," I said for the 100th time today. Damien held the door open for me and as I walked in I felt my heart drop as I looked at everything on the walls. There were weapons set up, from real swords to axes. The only thing they were missing were guns. I felt my heart drop to the bottom of my stomach.
Damien tugged on my wrist and I followed him to our spot.
"Please tell me those weapons are for show," I whispered looking down at my hands.
"No those are actually what we use," Blake said
"Hey like the look," Julian said and I just nodded my head. I knew I could do this, I didn't have much of a choice anyways. Why I couldn't pull myself together was beyond me.
"Katelyn?" I heard someone say next to me and I just nodded. "We know you got this."
I nodded again. When watching a movie it's so easy to tell the character how they should act and exactly what they should do, but when you're actually there, the phrase step into my shoes takes a whole different meaning. My train of thought was interrupted by Marcus calling for everyone's attention.
"Alright we all know the rules before we head out to the arena, you have 5 minutes to pick the weapon of your choice. Remember if you pick a weapon you have to use it in order for it to count." Marcus said.
When Marcus started the time I followed Eddie as he picked up a couple of little star blades.
"Are those ninja stars?" I asked about to grab one but he slapped my hand away.
"Ninja?" Eddie asked, "they're throwing knives."
"Nevermind." I said as I followed him. After being with my team it was crystal clear that Eddie was our team leader. You think it would be Damien but nope. We walked over and I barely notice there was a trap door on the floor, it was currently open.
"Watch your step," Eddie said as I followed close behind. We walked down and in was an underground stadium. It wasn't too big but the actual arena was bigger than the amount of bleachers.
We sat down and I watched as people came out of the longue with their weapon of choice.
"It's easier on the nerves if you don't look at their choice of weapon but their eyes." Eddie whispered to me. "That way you can see how they're really feeling."
After everything settled down Marcus stood on a platform.
"Alright everyone, usually Mathews here to start all of this but he couldn't be here today," Marcus said looking around. "So I will be filling in. Well first of all we've decided things will be a little different this time around. Instead of one team only doing individuals with only one other team we've decided to make it random as well. So that means if you were on team 1 and someone from team 1 fights with someone from team 2, it doesn't mean that you will fight with someone from team 2."
I looked at Eddie but he had a poker face on. I didn't know if this was good news or bad news.
"Let's get this started," Marcus said reaching his hand into a bucket. "First person to go will be Gary from team #4 and his opponent will be Tristan from team #8."
Gary had broad shoulders and he looked like he had the upper hand. His weapon of choice was a small dagger, that shined in the light. Tristan on the other hand had a smaller body frame and he looked to be a good 5 inches shorter. His weapon of choice was nun chucks which hardly seemed fair at all. Marcus had announced that they could begin and they took their stance. I was nervous for the boy named Tristan. Their movements were fast it almost made me dizzy to watch. I started to relax that was until I could see blood.
I took in a sharp breathe but covered my mouth with my hand. Everyone else just watched calmly. I felt like I wanted to jump into the arena and stop it. Then they did stop and Tristan put a hand to his stomach, he was losing a lot of blood. I closed my eyes. I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was Eddie.
"I think it's best not to watch the first time around," he said giving me a weak smile and I slowly nodded. I felt sick to my stomach, I couldn't tell if I was just really nervous for myself or for the horrific scene being played out in front of me. I looked down at my hands, suddenly finding them really fascinating then I heard a sickening pop and a grunt, I tried not to look. But I looked up when I heard two words clear as day.
"I forfeit," I looked up and when I did Gary was laying down on his stomach while Tristan was holding Gary's arms behind his back. I could tell by the way Tristan was holding Gary's arms that he had broken them. I couldn't understand why Mathew and just anyone in general thought that this type of training was normal. I know that we healed with sleep but it was sickening to know that someone would be willingly to break someone's arms just for points. I guess the look on my face gave away some of my emotions because a random guy walked by with a remark.
"Is the princess a little scared?" he asked and I scowled.
"I think I'm more scared for you, then I am myself." I said and he just rolled his eyes and walked away.
"Don't listen to him," Blake said putting both of his hands on my shoulders. He had started to massage my shoulders. "You got this, we know you do."
I found it hard to even consider relaxing, only because I couldn't get the image of Tristan holding Gary's arms. The look on his face showed he had no remorse. If it were me I would be dying of guilt. This also comes to show that I shouldn't judge my opponent by their looks either.
"You're so tense," Blake said
"Oh yeah you know, because I like to relax before someone tries to kill me," I said with sarcasm
"Don't worry-" Blake started but he was interrupted by Marcus's next announcement.
"For the next round it will be Connor from team 1." I saw a guy walk up to the platform, he had low cheek bones with thick dark eyebrows. His hair was about half an inch long but he had it slicked back. He looked really intimidating that was until he tied a blindfold over his eyes.
"And fighting against him will be," Marcus paused as he reached in for the next name. He read it and I saw his face expression drop a little. He made eye contact with me and I already knew who he was going to say. "Katelyn from team 9"
"Fuck, how could we have forgotten about Connor," Damien said
"It's okay just stick to plan B. We won't be mad." Eddie said as I got up and walked over to where Connor was at. I felt panic start to seep in I couldn't do this if I couldn't see his eyes.
"You may begin," I heard Marcus say and I saw Connor take his stance. Before I knew it I was on the floor, I quickly got up, I had to focus. I was kicked in the face, I think I was seeing stars. I wasn't going to attack him but rather just block whatever he threw at me. I was doing good so far, until he was going to punch me but last minute he kicked instead hitting me in my ribs. My eyes widened, the only way I had a chance at this if I took off his blind fold. He had stop and got into a stance, I could tell he was listening to my every move. He lunged at me, I reached my hands out to try and reach for the blind fold but the force of me hitting the ground knocked the air out of me. He got off of me and I quickly got up as well.
I looked up only to see him going to kick me but I threw myself onto the floor as he kicked air. I held my breath. As I watched him try to listen for me, I picked up a rock about the size of my hand and threw it. He looked over so I took that as my chance. I got up and was about to reach for his blind fold when he grabbed my left arm and pulled it up behind my back. I bit my lip I didn't want to give him the satisfaction.
"Say it or I'll break your arm." He gripped my arm harder warning that he wasn't playing around.
"Bet you would like that," I said and he pulled up even harder.
"Say it," he gripped my arm harder. I realized that my right arm was free so I took that as my opportunity to yank off his blind fold but only for the price of a broken arm. I gripped the blindfold in my hands as he snapped my arm. I let out a cry, I stumbled forward but turned around he had a poker face on. I looked dead in his eyes as he watched me.
"Now things are going to change around here," I said shaking a bit from the pain. He looked confused as he didn't take his eyes away from mine.
"Don't move from where you're at." I said and I could tell he wasn't going to move. "Actually I want you to take a step back."
He looked like he was fighting it, but he slowly took a step back.
"Don't fight it," I stared more intently into his eyes as his look of confusion turned into a relaxed look. I was almost tempted to relax myself but I had to finish this. "Say it."
He opened his mouth but nothing came out.
"Come on Connor say you forfeit." I said
"I- I forfeit," He said I felt my knees become weak, I tried to walk over to my group but I kept stumbling. Damien met me half way, as he helped me. When we got back to our team he laid me down. I was shaking so bad and the pain in my arm was extreme. Marcus called up two other people.
"That was awesome," Daniel said while Damien tried to grab my arm but I hissed.
"Sorry," he mumbled. He had managed to lightly lay my arm over my stomach.
Damien started wipe off some blood from my lips and made Adrian hold some ice to my ribs. He did everything so quickly. But I could tell he was use to it. I could hear the sounds of the other two people fighting but I was too busy with my own pain.
"Can't you be more gentle," I softly said to Damien and he looked up with an apologetic face. I don't understand why he was doing everything in a rush I was grateful that he was doing this but at the same time I would appreciate it if he was more gentle. He finished up and he gave me a small smile.
"I'll be back with a sling," He said
"Thank you," I said
"You need to get some rest." Eddie said, I didn't want to go to rest I wouldn't sleep in peace knowing that my team members still had to go up.
"But how do you expect me to rest-" I was interrupted
"Just try," Eddie said. I was in a lot of pain but that nagging feeling that sleep would help was overwhelming.
"What about you guys though?" I said and Adrian laughed
"There's a reason why we chose this test," Adrian said still holding the ice to my ribs.
"Well then, good luck," I said and I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to welcome me into its doors.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot, woot! I'm on break so maybe I'll get more parts out for you guys haha. Enjoy!
Love you guys <3