Sequel: This Ends Now.
Status: Sequel is coming your way soon :D

Forever Hold My Heart

Vacation time.

I actually couldn't sleep, so after Damien brought me a sling I sat up. I leaned my head against Damien's shoulder.
"Did you think I was going to get my ass kicked?" I said to Damien.
"No, but word of advice don't taunt the man who has control over your arm." Damien said shaking his head. "Now watch and learn about possible future opponents."
Damien was to interested in the world of winning. I just sat up straight and scooted over next to Blake and Julian.
"Good job," Blake said
"Thanks," I said
"You know I really thought he had you." Julian said
"I was team Katelyn the whole way," Blake said
"Shut up, you're are such a kiss ass," Julian joked.
"So how many points did I get." I asked.
"Well we don't actually find out until next week." Blake said
"Oh that's nice," I said and then I heard Marcus calling the next two people. He had called Damien.
"Go Damien!" I yelled and people just stared. I heard Julian just laugh as Blake covered my mouth.
"You can't do that," Blake whispered in my ear. "It's kind of like disrespect for his opponent."
"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know." I said and I saw Devin walking over.
"It's okay, now you know for the future." Blake said and Devin sat down next to me.
"Wow I'm gone for two weeks and I come back to see you winning a team test. Congratulations." Devin said giving me half a hug.
"Thanks, why were you gone. You guys make of habit of leaving a lot." I said
"Well it's my specialty," He said
"What is?" I asked
"Finding Custos," Devin said
"Oh that's how you found me." I said
"Exactly your case was actually the worst for me." He said
"Why?" I asked
"Well because usually when I find a Custos they're here in Alius. So when I found out about you I was having trouble locating you. It was like our connection was blurry, it was the first time that I ever had trouble finding a Custos. So then Mathew suggested to the board that maybe you were in the other world but the board denied the request. It wasn't until I couldn't sleep and I was getting really sick that they had no choice but to let me go. So I went with Marcus to go find you, but once I was in the other world locating you was not hard at all. The only thing was we were having trouble believing it was you but after doing a background check and found out about your history we didn't have a choice."
"Oh that's interesting, so what would have happened if you couldn't find me." I asked
"I'd probably die," he said
"The catch," I simply stated, I heard a loud drop sound and I had almost forgot Damien was up. He wasn't wearing shirt, actually it had been torn to pieces. Damien was the fastest Custos I've ever met. We were all fast but he was faster. Damien only needed brass knuckles while his opponent had two axes, one in his hand and one still in its holding case. They were standing there waiting for someone to make the next move. I had to squint but I could see Damien had a knife in his upper back shoulder.
His opponent seemed to be fine but from the way he would occasionally shake, you could tell he was in pain. I heard a click and I could see that Damien's brass knuckles had a blade that came out on the side. I couldn't watch but I couldn't look away.
"I can't watch," I said covering my eyes with my good arm.
"Oh come on this is the best part." Julian said
"There is never a best part with Damien the whole thing is good." Blake added in and I just turned my head to Devin who was looking at the fight.
"I still remember my first fight," Devin said looking at me.
"How'd that go," I asked
"I lost," he said
"Oh that suck's what was your weapon of choice?" I asked
"Yeah let's not even go there," Devin said and I lightly laughed as I kept my eyes away from the fight. "The fights going to be over."
"What makes you say that?" I asked
"Look," Devin said and I hesitated to look. Damien was standing with an axe stabbed into his leg while his opponent was laying on the floor. "If he doesn't get up then Damien wins."
"The poor man isn't even moving, is he still breathing?" I asked
"Yeah he is, once Marcus gives the signal then his team will go get him." Devin explained. I looked at Marcus and then he waved. I saw a couple of guys get up to get their team mate. Then Damien didn't even limp over he simply walked.
"You still aren't asleep," Damien said as he pulled out the axe from his leg. I watched as he started tending to his own wounds. "You need to get some rest."
"He has a point," Devin said.
"Oh course," I said as Damien finished up. It got quiet as the guys all stared at each other. "Oh yeah you know because I love being left out of conversations."
They continued to stare at each other, and I felt a bit light headed but then Damien punched Julian. Then I saw Devin nod and then he walked away.
"Come on," Damien said
"Where are we going?" I asked
"Don't make me carry you," He said and I just stared at him. He then picked me up.
"Ow, ow, ow, watch the arm." I said and then we walked up the stairs and to the lounge. "So are you going to tell me what you guys were talking about?"
"It was nothing." Damien said
"So then why don't you just tell me?" I said
"Don't tempt me," he said
"With what?" I asked and then he almost dropped me causing my broken arm to bend. I let out a cry.
"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to hurt you," Damien said and we walked into our room.
"Don't worry about it," I said and he laid me down on my bed.
"You should get some rest," He said
"I know," I shrugged my good arm. "By the way I noticed that's it starting to get a bit chilly so does that mean its winter or?"
"Well today's the 22nd so here in Alius it's the first day of fall." Damien said putting on a shirt.
"The 22nd of December? Or are the months different here too." I said
"Nope the months are the same and yes it is December." Damien said
"So there's only three days till Christmas!" I said standing up raising my good arm up in the air.
"Christmas? You mean our days off." Damien said
"You don't know what Christmas is" I walked over to him shocked.
"No, but we do get the 8 days off starting on the 25th we get to go home and visit only close family." Damien said
"Really? That's the best news I've heard since" I paused, "Ever!"
"But I can't believe you don't know what Christmas is," I said
"Well whatever it is nobody here celebrates it," Damien said taking a seat on his bed.
"I guess but you guys are missing out." I said taking a seat next to him, he looked mad. "What's wrong?"
"It's nothing, look just go to sleep, please," Damien said.
"Fine, alright sorry I'm such a burden. I'll go to sleep now." I said but before I got up I gave him a hug with my good arm. "Thanks for everything, and I'll see you when I wake up."

2 Days later
It was 8 pm so that meant we were all leaving the lounge to go pack
"Aren't you guys excited!" I said jumping on Blake's back
"Yeah but nobody can compare to how excited you are." Blake laughed grabbing my legs so he was now giving me a piggy back ride.
"So what are you guys going to do when you go home," I asked
"Hang out with family, pretty much what we do every year, " Julian said
"So what exactly are you going to do," Daniel asked
"Well exchange gifts, have a nice dinner and hang out by the fire place and the Christmas tree." I said, "And you can't forget Christmas music!"
"Sounds like a party," Julian said suddenly interested.
"Something like that," I trailed off.
"Mathew wants to see you in his office," Eddie said
"Oh okay, I'll catch up to you guys later," I said getting off of Blake's back. I was excited to go home, honestly the fact that it was Christmas was just a plus. I thought about Gavin, I knew we were best friends but we did kiss. I brushed the though off my mind we would just have to talk things over when I saw him.
I walked up to Mathews office door and knocked.
"Come in," I heard him say. I opened the door and walked in.
"Hey Mathew," I said taking a seat but he didn't look very happy. "Is something wrong?"
"So I know you've heard about the days off starting tomorrow."
"Oh yeah I was going to ask you how exactly do I get back to the other world?" I asked
"You can't and you won't," He said.
"Why not?" I asked
"Because as a Custos you can only go to the other world with permission." Mathew said.
"Oh how come you're barely telling me this now," I frowned.
"Well because the rules with you are different." Mathew said
"How so?"
"You are never allowed to go back." Mathew said
"Not even for Christmas!" I said
"We don't celebrate those holidays." Mathew said
"You don't but I do." I said
"Look Katelyn if it were up to me I would let you go but it's not. So you have to stay here." Mathew said
"By myself," I said
"No actually Damien doesn't leave either." Mathew said
"Why?"
"Because, he comes from a family of royals and they'll probably be spending time with other royals so we can't have him accidently bonding with them on his day off." Mathew said
"That's sad, I think I should meet the board give them a piece of my mind," I said and then there was a knock on the door.
"Come in," Mathew said. The door opened and Travis walked in with a envelope. They were quiet and I could tell they were talking to each other. "Katelyn you can go, and tell Damien to come over."
"But,"
"There's nothing else I can do for you," he said and I slowly got up. I wanted to punch somebody in the face. I was really looking forward to going home, I could feel angry tears stinging my eyes. I was walking over to the room when I bumped into someone. I looked up it was Damien.
"Oh sorry, um Mathews calling you," I said not making eye contact.
"I know he called but what's wrong?" He asked
"It's nothing don't worry about it," I said and I walked past him. I walked over to our room but not before making sure my eyes weren't watery anymore. I walked in and I could see the guys packing.
"What'd you do this time?" Julian said
"Nothing, Mathew just wanted to talk about some things" I said and I laid down on my bed so that I was still facing them.
"Aren't you going to pack?" Julian said
"No, I'm not going home," I said
"Why not?" I heard Julian ask
"That's not fair you were so excited," I heard Adrian said and I could feel tears rush to my eyes. So I rolled over so my back was to them.
"I know," I said and then Blake sat on my bed.
"Come here," He said and I sat up and he hugged me. I didn't like crying but then again who did. I could tell someone sat on the other side of me, and they just ran their hand up and down my back. "You know if you want I could stay here with you."
I lifted my head and wiped away my tears.
"No, don't do that. You should go see your family." I said and I saw Daniel kneeling in front of me.
"So what happened? Why are you not allowed to go?" Daniel asked
"Mathew said that I'm never allowed to go back to the other world," I said
"Wait but why doesn't your mom come over here," Eddie said
"I don't know, plus she wouldn't have a place to stay," I shrugged.
"That's nonsense, your dad was a Custos all family members of a Custos are guaranteed housing and needs." Eddie said
"But how do we get her to come here?" I said
"You don't," Travis walked in and we all looked. He paused and he looked at the guys in their eyes I could tell they were talking. Then he looked at me. "Katelyn, Mathew wants to see you in his office."
I got up and I walked away. Something wasn't right I really needed to get on the telepathy skill if I wanted to keep up. I walked over to Mathew's office. The door was open, I glanced inside and Mathew gave the sign to come sit down. As I walked in I saw Damien was leaning against the wall.
"Katelyn I didn't want to tell you this but your mother can't come back. Even if she wanted too she's facing years in prison possibly even death. So between us we reported to the board that you were living with a friend and your mother was nowhere to be found." Mathew said
"That's bullshit," I said not even caring about my words of choice. "My mother did what any mom would do, and if the board wants to say something then-"
"Your mom is wanted for assisting murder of a Royal." Mathew said
"No, my mom couldn't have she's not like that," I tried
"Your mom is innocent but she tried to cover up for your dad. Before your dad died, he lost control. He teamed up with a bunch of other Latronums. My team and I went out to go take the Latronums down but there was so many of them. Your dad was there but for some reason he saved me and Devin. Your father was wanted everywhere, but the last thing he did before he died was he sent you and your mother to the other world then he killed the Periculum he was bonded too." Mathew said
"Why didn't you tell me this before," I said
"It's not every day that you tell someone their father is a murderer." Mathew said and his last statement made me angry. I stared him dead in the eyes.
"Do you believe he did it?" I said
"Katelyn, don't use,"
"I asked you a question," I said and Mathew looked confused. I was using persuasion on him and I really didn't care at this point. "Do you really think he did it?"
"Katelyn," He started and I only stared harder. "I-I the case about your,"
"Tell me," I snapped then I was pulled out of my chair and pinned to the floor.
"Stop it Katelyn," Damien said only inches away from my face.
"I just need to know," I whispered.
"There are some things that are better left unknown," Damien said
"It's okay Damien let her go," Mathew said and I got up. "That persuasion skill is stronger than I thought. I'm impressed, but don't pull a stunt like that again. Katelyn go pack some of your things, you get to go with Damien to his vacation house. You both can go now."
I hesitated but I walked away with Damien. I was surprised that Mathew didn't get upset with my actions, but then again even if he did get mad what's the worst he could do? We walked in silence back to our room. When we walked in the guys just stared including Travis. I walked over to my bed and just sat there staring at the wall. I felt lost and a bit disappointed, was my dad really, I stopped and brush the thought off my mind. I started playing with the necklace. I took it off and looked at it. Some guardian. I scowled when I thought of how Mathew said I turned out just like my dad. In what way, so what I was stubborn. This was too much for me to much for me to handle, it was information overload.
"How are you going to get her to me," I vaguely heard an unfamiliar voice I looked up and around. The guys didn't seem fazed.
"Do you guys hear that?" I asked getting up. I didn't even wait for their response. I just started jogging towards it.
"Yeah that does hurt, a lot," the same voice as before said. I could tell it was a man's voice. I was about to start running but it stopped. I felt disconnected, I was so confused. I realized I was in one of the fields. Was it a Royal? I thought Mathew said I wouldn't stop 'feeling' them until I found them. I bit my lip, I took a step forward but I wasn't even sure where to go.
"Katelyn?," I turned around and saw that Travis and all the guys from my team had followed.
"I can't hear him anymore." I furrowed my eyebrows. "But he was in pain."
"Is he dead?" Travis asked and I shook my head.
"No, it's like we were disconnected," I said really confused. I looked back to try and see if I could somehow listen for him but I was back to my normal self. I didn't feel cold but I just felt really confused. I saw Mathew run over.
"No royal is missing," Mathew said.
"But then," I paused even more confused.
"It could of been that a royal fell and hurt themselves or something like that," Mathew said walking towards me, "I've read about how sometimes you might quickly connect when there is pain involved."
I slowly nodded as he guided me back inside, I still felt off. Once inside Travis took over and started guiding me, and Mathew went his own way. Once we got inside the room, it took me awhile to get over my state of mind but shortly after Damien had given me a back pack to take the things I needed. I had picked out random clothes and with much difficulty squeezed in some shoes. Afterwards Damien and I were saying bye. Apparently, Damien had his car to get to the house.
We were now walking away from the gate.
"So what kind of car do you own?" I asked Damien and he smirked.
"Who said anything about a car?" He said
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so the next chapter after this is what I'm excited for. This chapter was like a filler? I put a question mark because I felt like I was just trying to cram facts into your guy's minds. If that makes sense. I mean it's important but yeah okay you get the point! haha anyways enjoy hope you guys had an awesome christmas and if you don't celebrate christmas then happy holidays?
I'm just going to stop now.
<3