Sequel: This Ends Now.
Status: Sequel is coming your way soon :D

Forever Hold My Heart

I can feel it in the air.

We had walked over to a motorcycle.
"Katelyn I want you to meet my baby," Damien said
"Well it's definitely sporty," I said
"Come on let's get the show on the road before people start to show up," Damien said and I got on securing my back pack.
"Wait shouldn't we wear helmets or some type of head gear," I asked and he just revved the engine.
"Then you better hold on tightly," Damien said and I did as I was told. I've never been with a more reckless driver in my life. I thought every time we turned, we were going to die. It was surprising to me that Damien could still breathe with the death grip I had.
"We're almost there" He yelled over his shoulders. Shortly after we pulled off of to the side of the road and he stationed his bike.
"I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this is a forest." I said and as I looked around there were nothing but trees.
"Yeah we have to follow the trail and then we'll get there." Damien said and I notice there was a paved trail for us to walk on. The only reason I didn't see it at first was because it was covered in leaves.
"Oh," I said
"Yeah come on, actually I know a faster way." He said picking me up and he started running.
"You know I could've ran myself," I yelled
"Yeah but I run faster," he said and then he stopped and put me down. "Welcome to my home."
I turned around it was the best house I've ever seen. I didn't even know a house like this was real.
"It's beautiful," I whispered. It was a tree house
"My parents had it build just for me," Damien said as I followed him up the bridge. "Actually my mom simply went off of my childhood requests."
"Oh by the way I thought Mathew said you weren't allowed to leave." I asked
"Well I had sent in a request, actually I've been sending them for 4 years now. Each time it was denied, but this time it wasn't. That's only because this time I said I would be alone, or Royal free not even close family would come see me," Damien said
"I'm sorry that you had to drag me along," I said feeling bad and he laughed
"I'm the one that told Mathew to let you come with me, plus it also helps that you can't be by yourself." Damien said as he opened the door to the [http://www.treehouseworkshop.com/port_getaways_01.html]house[/url].
"You really did that?" I asked by the inside.
"Yeah," he said as I closed the door behind us. "I know how it feels to be by yourself, and I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone."
"That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard you say." I said
"Oh well team members have to look out for each other." Damien said
"Sure," I said with a smile
"So what bed do you want."
"No I'll get one of the smaller ones and you can go ahead and get the bigger one upstairs," I said
"Are you sure?"
"Yes I'm sure and well I'm going to get changed into my Pj's," I said putting my bag onto my bed
"I'll be upstairs in my room," Damien said with a smile as he climbed up the ladder. When he reached the top I took that as my chance to change. Once I was done I sat on my bed and just looked out the window. This house was hands down better than anything. In my opinion I would rather live here than in one of the mansions, plus a mansion would be most likely infested with royals and what fun would that be. I walked over to the kitchen, I looked inside the cabinets and fridge. I honestly expected them to be empty, but they looked like they had just been filled. I looked and I found all the ingredients to make hot chocolate.
"Damien?" I called
"Yeah," he said as he looked out from upstairs.
"Do you want some hot chocolate?" I asked and he made a face
"No thanks."
"What's wrong with hot chocolate?" I said
"It's nasty," he said
"Well I'm going to make some and you will try mine," I said and he just stared and then nodded his head.
I had finished and was now pouring the hot chocolate into our mugs.
"It actually smells good," Damien said from behind me.
"You startled me," I said
"Sorry," He said
"It's okay," I said handing him his glass, "Be careful its-"
"Ah I burned my tongue," He said putting the glass down.
"I told you to be," I started
"Just kidding, I'm not that dumb," He smiled and I just shook my head. "This is actually really good." He said.
"Oh well I try," I said sitting down by the chimney and he sat down next to me.
"Hey you know what, I should cook something for tomorrow." I said
"Something like what?" he said
"Well let's see what we have here." I said getting up to look around in the kitchen. "You know what would be really awesome if I made us a Christmas dinner! I should make turkey and mashed potatoes. Also I make some really good stuffing. But I don't have all the ingredients."
"If you had all the ingredients you would make that." Damien asked
"Yeah, I mean might as well enjoy our vacation." I said with a smile.
"Okay I can get us everything but my mom or my brother will drop it off for us," Damien said hesitantly, "So Mathew and the other leaders can't know. And I'll need to borrow your phone."
"No problem let me just tell you all the things I need." I said.
"Just type it through a text and I'll send it to my mom," Damien said
I was excited that Damien was up for all of this. He might not celebrate the holidays but it would be nice to have a dinner between the two of us.
"My mom said that she and my brother would drop by tomorrow to leave the things." Damien said handing me back my phone.
"Okay, that sounds good," I said putting my cup in the sink and rinsing it. "So how many siblings do you have?"
"I have an older brother. What about you?"
"Me, I was a spoiled only child," I joked.
"I know I can tell," he said with a smile and I playfully punched him.
"So how old were you when you found out you were a Custos," I asked him
"Well I was 11 years old but my mom kept it a secret for a year. The way people found out was because of Devin's specialty." He said
"Oh so at least my mom wasn't the only one who tried to hide me." I said
"Actually it's not common for parents to hide their kids. My mom did it because well all my family consist of Royals. So could you imagine what that would do to her reputation," he said and he rolled his eyes.
I didn't know what to say.
"I know my mom loves me, I was her favorite but the day the marking appeared on my wrist she told me she would try to make things better. Almost as if by keeping me away from other Custos would save me. Now she's accepted it, well as much as she could."
"Oh well that sucks," I said, "Well I'm glad you're a Custos because you're awesome at everything you do."
"Thanks, what was life like before you were a Custos," Damien asked me
"It was good, I was almost done with school and then I would have gone off to college. I probably would of moved out too." I said
"What about your boyfriend do you miss him," he asked
"I didn't have a boyfriend, well its complicated," I said
"Oh Mathew had told us that you had a boyfriend in your other life." He said
"No, actually I was single but I had a best friend named Gavin and my last day there he kind of confessed his true feelings. I mean I am single but yeah," I frowned
"Sorry didn't mean to-" he started
"No its fine, truth be told I don't know if I actually had those kind of feelings for him. My actions were kind of just spur of the moment." I said and he just nodded his head. My phone started to ring it was from an unknown number.
"Hello," I answered
"Hello I'm calling for Damien," A women said on the other line.
"Oh yeah one moment please," I said giving my cell to Damien.
"No mom, that was Katelyn, yes, no, of course not," he said and then he pulled the phone away from his ear. "My mom says hi and she would like know what size dress are you?"
"Umm 4," I said
"She's a size 4, yeah, no, yeah," Damien continued I just watched his face expressions. "No mom you already know you can't. Okay bye."
Damien hung up and passed me my phone.
"So what was that about." I asked
"My mom she's crazy," Damien said
"I guess," I trailed off, "So what's the official plan for tomorrow?"
"Well I'm supposed to meet my mom by the end of the trail and then she'll give me all the stuff. Then I'll come back and you can get to cooking." He said smiling at the last part.
"Alright sounds good to me. Well I'm going to call it a night because I'm going to sleep in!" I said and I heard Damien chuckle. I walked over to my bag and pulled out my charger. "Here you're going to need my phone, just in case she comes early or something."
"Thanks I'll see you in the morning," Damien said and he walked up the ladders. I turned off the lights downstairs and got into my bed. I laid on my side just thinking about how this weekend was going to turn out. I really hoped that I wouldn't be running after any distraught Royals. Maybe this holiday wouldn't be so bad after all. I wondered if I would ever get to see my mom again or if Mathew would speak up for her so that she could go home. I laid there and thought back to earlier events, Mathew had said that something about a quick connection when pain was involved but what bothered me more was what the person said. I vaguely remembered that he said something about getting her to him. Who was he and who did he want? I brushed the thought off I would just have to talk to Damien about it tomorrow.

I woke up from a horrible nightmare but as I sat up I saw Damien sitting on the edge of my bed.
"It's okay it was only a dream," He said
"How long, have you been sitting here?" I asked
"Not that long I've been trying to wake you up but you just wouldn't," he said
"I'm sorry I woke you up," I said
"It's okay," He said and he got up.
"Where are you going?" I asked too quickly.
"Back to sleep," he said hesitantly
"Oh right," I said and I watched him climbed the ladder.
I laid back down but the minute I felt myself falling into sleep I jolted up. I had a flashback of Pierce, the royal I didn't get to in time. Why was this happening I never had trouble sleeping before. I got up from my bed and looked around. I suddenly felt paranoid, I never really knew what happened to the latronum who killed Pierce. He was still walking around. I kept pacing around the first floor and looking out the windows seeing if I could see any movement.
I was staring out the window and as I turned around I bumped into Damien. I let out a startled cry.
"You scared me," I said
"It's okay, what's bothering you?" He asked
"I don't know," I said but I didn't want to admit that I felt scared
"Well just try to get some sleep okay," Damien said and he was about to walk back up but I spoke out.
"Damien wait," I said and he turned around. "I can't sleep."
"Why not," he asked
"I'm scared," I almost whispered. He was quiet, and he just stood there.
"Of what?" He said walking over to look out the window.
"I don't know," I said
"You've never had problems sleeping before," He trailed off, "unless."
"Unless what?" I said trying to look over his shoulder.
"Nothing, look I'm here and if anyone tried to do anything I would hear it." Damien said and I slowly nodded my head. "Do you want me to check the perimeter?"
"No, its fine." I said walking back to my bed. I laid down but I felt too scared to go to sleep. Maybe what happened today triggered something in me. I sat up when I thought I heard footsteps. I looked around it was probably just Damien, a thought occurred to me but I wasn't sure if Damien would be okay with it.
I slowly got up, I had no other choice. I glanced around and stood in front of the ladder. I stood debating whether or not I should go up. I started biting my lip as I climbed. When I got to the top I saw Damien was quietly asleep. I walked over to his bed, I held my hand out to get his attention but before I knew it he had grabbed my wrist and threw me on the other side of the bed. I landed with my back on the floor, and Damien was on top of me.
"Katelyn?" Damien said a bit upset and I coughed
"Sorry didn't know you were going to lash out on me," I said
"Well I thought you went to sleep," Damien said
"I was going to but I was going to ask if I could sleep up here, with you." I said with a weak smile
"Yeah, I guess that's fine." Damien said and he helped me up.
"Thanks," I said and I got under the blankets.
"Goodnight," Damien said as he got under the blankets as well.
Throughout the whole night I kept waking up. I wasn't getting much sleep at all and I doubt Damien was getting any either. At one point I woke up and he was holding me down, trying to get me to calm down. I opened my eyes and I could see that the sun had already risen, when I looked to my side Damien wasn't there. I got up from the bed and walked down the ladder. I looked out the window and could see Damien walking up the trail with some bags in his hands and a present. I opened the door and waited for him. As he was walking he had a smile on his face, but I could tell that he was tired. I felt bad that I had kept him up all night.
"How long have you been awake." Damien asked.
"Not that long," I said helping with the bags. "Alright well I'm going to get cooking, what time is?"
"It's 8 am," he said
"Okay, if I start now the turkey will be ready around 3." I said
"Sounds good but I want you to have something first." Damien said handing me my present.
"But I didn't get anything for you," I said
"You're making me dinner, that's my present," He said with a smile.
"I thought you didn't celebrate Christmas." I said
"Well my family did but we kept it a secret. I mean we didn't have a tree but we did have presents and fancy dinners." Damien said shrugging. "Now open it, my mom picked it out so hopefully you like it."
I opened it and it was a dress but on top was a necklace. I picked up the necklace and held it in my hands. It was a masquerade mask, I pulled out the dress it was something I would wear maybe for new years.
"Thank you," I said and I hugged Damien. "Now I'm going to get this ready and I want you to go take a nap, because I know you didn't get hardly any sleep last night."
"By the way I think I know why you're having nightmares." Damien said
"Why?"
"It's because Travis kept entering your dreams." Damien said
"What do you mean?" I asked
"Travis' specialty is he can enter your dreams, and my theory is he would 'chase' your nightmares away, so now that he's not here your making up for the nightmares you've never had." Damien said
"Oh, well that's kind of rude." I said
"It is, what it is," Damien said going to lay down on one of the twin beds. I got to cooking, I actually didn't mind it at all. The sound of the knife on the cutting board was oddly soothing. After I stuffed the bird and put it in the oven. I took a shower and got dressed when I got out Damien was still asleep. I sat down by the fireplace. I wonder what was the purpose of Travis' specialty, I mean so far all the other specialties I've heard of have made sense.
"Wow, nice Christmas sweater," Damien said sitting down next to me.
"I didn't hear you wake up," I said
"You never hear me," Damien said
"That's true," I said
"It definitely smells good," Damien said
"Yeah, you know how I do," I said
"Travis is going to stop by in a little bit, it's possible that he might spend the night." Damien said
"Oh is that right, I think I'll have a talk with that man." I said
"Talk about what?" Damien asked
"I just want to ask him to not go into my dreams so that way I won't have to depend on him anymore." I said
"That's like me asking you not to ever use persuasion on me. Somethings, just happen," Damien shrugged.
"Speaking of skills, teach me how to communicate telepathically." I said and Damien laughed
"It's not that easy," Damien said.
"Well how do we start," I said
"It takes hours and hours of meditating." Damien said
"Alright," I said sitting up straight and making ohm sounds. I stopped when I heard a laugh. I opened my eyes and Damien had a smile on his face. "What?"
"It's not that easy at all," Damien said
"Oh so you're just going to sit there and laugh at me." I said
"No, I'm telling you it's not that easy and plus its really hard that's why we start at a young age." Damien said
"Yeah, you've guys have done lots of things since you were little. But I haven't and look I'm doing good." I said and Damien just sighed.
"Travis will explain it to you," Damien said and he got up and opened the front door. I turned and saw Travis walked in.
"Smells good in here," Travis said as he walked in.
"Katelyn's cooking," Damien said.
"Hey Travis," I said waving and he nodded. "I want to talk to you."
"About?" Travis asked
"Well actually I want to learn how to use telepathy." I said
"We have planned to work on that with you when you get back." Travis said
"Oh so for now I'm just left out of the loop." I said
"I'm going to take a shower," Damien said and I nodded. I got up to check on the turkey.
"Hey it looks pretty good," Travis said
"Thanks, before I forget some things been bothering though," I said
"Damien told me already, sorry that you feel like I violated your privacy." Travis said
"Oh about the whole dreaming thing, well Damien has a point sometimes things like that can't be helped. But what's bothering me the most are the Latronums." I said
"What about them," he asked
"Well what happen to the one that killed Pierce," I said
"You see the thing about Latronums is once they kill they try to stay on the down low for awhile." Travis said
"So exactly how many of them are there out there," I asked
"We don't really know, it's also been known that sometimes Latronums will kill off each other." Travis explained
"There isn't a specialty that can help locate Latronums." I asked
"Well there have been but those always end up badly because they go out for latronums at a young age and just get killed." Travis said
"Oh so what happens if nobody on your team bonds with anybody at the masquerade." I asked
"Already talking about the masquerade huh? Well then you do assignments. The next masquerade is in October of the upcoming year," Travis said
"That's in 10 months," I said more to myself
"Yeah, it seems to me that every time it's become more about show. They royals dresses just get more and more extreme." Travis said as he widened his eyes and I laughed.
"So are you staying for dinner," I asked
"Is that an invitation?" Travis asked
"Of course, the more the merrier. Plus today's Christmas, or in my mind it is." I smiled

A few hours later.
"Okay guys come sit down," I said finishing putting the last items on the table.
"Oh man all of this looks great," Travis said and we all put food on our plate.
"I want to make a toast," I said putting my glass up. "A toast that no matter what you guys put me through I'm glad I get to spend Christmas with you."
"To Katelyn," Travis said
"To Custos," I said
"To the year to come," Damien said and we brought our glasses to the center.

9 1/2 MONTHS LATER
After the new year, things went back to their usual routine, if anything they got more intense. I had gotten use to only sleeping 3 hours a night and sneaking in a couple of naps here and there. I still wasn't able to communicate telepathically but according to Mathew he said sometimes Custos can't do it at all. Saying I learned a lot would be an understatement. I think I was almost a whole new person, I learned how to operate a helicopter and was taught how to efficiently drive while going about 90 miles per hour.
I also learned how to properly use a gun and I can now jump over any fence no matter what mood I'm in. Although we weren't in first place we managed to at least get to 2nd place which meant that we had a chance at being chosen for the masquerade.
My relationship with the guys was good we were like family. At one point I did have a crush on Damien but I guess it happens when you practically live with a guy. But with time I got myself together and got over him.
So here I was in Mathews office he had pulled me out of team training.
"What's up," I said as I walked in.
"Hello Katelyn," Mathew said and I took a seat. "So you know that there hasn't been any royal kidnappings since Pierce"
"Yeah," I winced. Although it's been awhile the thought made my stomach drop.
"So there is only one more thing that has to happen before your team is chosen." Mathew said
"And that is?" I asked
"Right now Travis, Marcus and Devin are in the forest by the North side of campus. I want you to go back to team training and pretend to have a connection and run."
"Oh, so I don't say anything," I asked
"Nope its to see if your team can follow you no matter what they're doing"
"Sounds like fun," I smiled
"Oh and run as fast as you can, we'll be watching you," Mathew said as I got up.
When I returned the guys were swimming laps, personally I didn't want to get dressed.
"So what did the boss man want." Julian asked stopping just to talk to me.
"Oh he just wanted to return to me a book I had," I stopped and dropped my bag and pretended someone was calling me and started running. I had to hold back a laugh because I heard Julian panic as he ran after me.
When I got to the field I was tempted to look back but I just kept running. I ran into the forest and ran for awhile but I was then tackled down and a hand covered my mouth. I struggled but stopped when I saw it was Travis. He put his finger to his lips telling me to stay quiet.
Shortly after I saw Damien, Adrian and Blake appear. They were still wet from the pool. Travis helped me up.
"Congratulations, you guys are going to the masquerade," Travis said
"Alright!" I said throwing my fist in the air. "Where's Eddie, Daniel and Julian?"
"They had to stop and face Marcus and Devin," Adrian said
"Oh okay," I said
"So later on today we have reserved the shop for a tuxedo fitting and for you to look for your dress, " Travis said looking at all of us "You all can go to your rooms now."

On the way back I hopped on to Blake's back, he was the one I got closer too on a friendly level.
"I can't believe this is it," I said
"I know it feels like just yesterday, I found out I was a Custos," Adrian said. As we were walking back we found the others. Everyone looked fine except Daniel had an arrow on his left lower back.
"Damn Marcus you just got arrow happy," I said and he just gave me a look.
"It's fine, I'm okay," Daniel said and Damien walked over and just pulled it out. He let out a grunt, "A warning would have been nice."
Daniel put his hand on the wound as it was bleeding because we didn't have a gauze I hopped off of Blake and tossed Daniel my shirt. I wasn't embarrassed around the guys anymore and it was obvious they just didn't like me like that. Plus I knew my priorities. We started walking and I just chuckled, anyone who saw them would think they went to the forest to shower. Blake just looked back at me and shook his head.
When we got back to our room the guys went to shower and change. I on the other hand put on a shirt and decided to meditate focus on 'opening my mind' as Travis always told me. I heard someone walk in the room and saw Travis come in with a magazine.
"What are you up to," I asked
"I just wanted to show you the last masquerade event," Travis said sitting down next to me
"Oh great the do's and don'ts," I said
"No, its a magazine of what everyone wore to that last masquerade," Travis said handing me the book as I flipped through it, I was surprised.
"This really is formal," I said observing all the long elegant dresses. Some of them were just too much. "All these pictures, who takes them?"
"Well this event is really well known so we have photographers who will later issue a magazine solely dedicated to the event." Travis said
"Isn't that a bit unsafe?" I asked
"How so?"
"Because all you see are Royals in here."
"No there are actually communia in there plus what latronum would crash an event full of Custos," Travis said
"Well if I recall," I said remembering the event with Pierce. "Last time a Royal was killed there were also Custos there."
"This time is different because of what happen to Pierce they change the way things work." Travis said.
"If you say so. Oh my God, who told her that was okay to wear," I laughed at some woman's dress.
"Like I said." Travis smiled.
"So after the masquerade I won't be seeing you around much huh?" I asked
"Something like that, but Mathew sent a request in the board about the whole sleep issue." Travis said referring to the fact that I always had nightmares without him there. During the time at the tree house whenever Travis didn't enter my mind I couldn't sleep. Even when he went away I couldn't sleep. I would usually keep all the guys up.
"Speaking of which when will I get to meet the board?" I asked
"Nobody does, all we know is one of them is a Custos and their specialty is like Devin's except they can find Royals. The reason why that's kept on the down low is because we don't really want to advertise who is a royal and who isn't that's why they mix communia with the royals." Travis said
"Oh I hate the complicated part of all this let's just forget I asked," I said and he laughed.
That's when Daniel walked in and he laid down to sleep.
"I'll see you later then," Travis said leaving me to flip through the magazine. I almost contemplated a nap, but decided against it. I was excited to go dress shopping. I was even excited for picking out our masks.
"Someone's happy," Blake said as he walked in.
"I'm just excited," I said
"Don't get your hopes up to high, remember Royals aren't all that great." Blake said
"Who cares I'm going to be there with my friends," I said
"And who are they," he said jokingly
"Oh you know everyone on my team except for you, I never liked you," I said with a laugh
"That was cold," Blake said
"Guys shut up," Daniel said
"Oh I'm sorry D," I said and I grabbed Blake by the wrist and we walked out. "For the masquerade we are going to dance our butts off."
I started dancing like a fool.
"Oh the sprinkler," I said laughing
"You mean you're going to be dancing," Blake said
"Aw come on your not going to dance with me?" I asked and he shook his head
"Very funny," I said
"I'm being serious," Blake said and from the look on his face I could tell he was.
"Oh, come on you have to dance with me at least to one song," I said
"I don't know how to dance," Blake said
"Liar, what about that night at the club. You went dancing with that chick." I said
"That's different dancing, and plus that's like sex on the dance floor and I know people are not going to be dancing like that at all." Blake said and I laughed.
"Oh so you don't know how to waltz and dance appropriately." I said
"Pretty much," He said
"Well then I will teach you how to waltz and dance like a normal person," I said waltzing with the air.
"Yeah," He trailed off, "good luck."
"I'm being serious. Look put your hand right here and hold my hand with the other." I said and I helped him. "Now just follow along."

1 hour later.
We were currently on our way to the shop. My feet were sore from being stepped on so much. I won't mention any names. From the looks of things I could see that Blake had gotten better even though every now and then he would step on me. We were in a van that sat 8 people, you know the pedophile vans. I chuckled to myself at the thought. We were following behind another van that had the other team.
"On the other team is Landon and his specialty is he can smell how good you are." Eddie explained
"Oh yeah I've heard about him, wow he must think Marcus smells real bad," I joked
"Hardy har har," Marcus said from the driver seat. "I don't intentionally hit you guys with my arrows."
"Sure..." I trailed off
"Then there's Adam, he can read a Royals thoughts," Eddie continued
"How did they figure that one out," I asked
"I don't actually know," Eddie said
"When he was in school with all the other kids he told his mom he could hear what people were thinking and then Devin found him. So later on we put two and two together and introduced him to one royal. After that our beliefs were confirmed." Marcus answered
"That's cool," I said as we pulled up to a store, the sign read 'Jenkins'
"We're here," Marcus said and we all got out of the van.
"Let's do this!" I said walking into the store first. They had racks and racks of dresses, I didn't even know where to start.
"I'm so happy to have you guys come to my store," A man said to Mathew as he walked in with the other team.
"Jenkins, you know we wouldn't go anywhere else," Mathew said
"Let's not waste any time I will be fitting the boys then I'll help Katelyn with her dress." He said and he immediately walked us over near the dressing rooms.
We all took a seat and Jack took a seat next to me. I knew Jack from team testing, the second time we ever did it he was my opponent. To make things simple he basically kicked my ass. I didn't say 'forfeit' but he did manage to knock me out cold. After that he felt a bit bad but we've become friends.
"What's up Jack," I said
"Hey Katelyn," He said
"So are you excited?" I asked
"A little," He said
"I feel like I'm the only one who's more than thrilled," I smiled
"You probably are," Blake said and they both laughed.
"You guys obviously haven't seen Jenkins," Adrian said he was sitting on the other side of Blake. We looked up as he had the biggest grin as he was measuring Damien. Damien had a raised eyebrow and was just staring at Jenkins a little concerned. We just started laughing.
After Jenkins fitted all the guys he had me stand on the platform just to get a good look at me.
"I wasn't expecting you to have cut all your hair off," he said and I self consciously ran my hands through my short hair. "You definitely looked different in the pictures."
I looked at him and simply raised my eyebrow.
"I think I have the perfect dress," Jenkins said pushing me into a dressing room. He handed me a bag and then closed the door. I unzipped the bag and the color from my face disappeared. It was an okay dress it just wasn't okay with me. "Hurry up dear and come out when you're done."
I closed my eyes and put it on just not to be rude. I zipped it up as much as I could reach then I walked out.
"It looks better then I imagined it, what do you think," Jenkins said and the guys watched with curiosity.
"It's nice but," I pause and he nodded, "It's not me, I'm more for darker colors."
"Oh then why didn't you say so," He said pushing me back in the dressing room. As soon as I started getting undressed a dress was passed to me over the door. I put it on and walked out even more embarrassed.
"What do you think about this one," Jenkins said and I looked at him. He had a twinkle in his eye, I glanced at Blake who had a stupid smile on his face. He knew this wasn't my style.
"It's not exactly what I meant about darker colors." I said
"Oh okay I have just the one then," He said and I walked back in the dressing room. Just like last time he passed me a dress from over the door but this time I wasn't putting on this dress. . I walked out in my clothes and his smile faltered for a second.
"Oh you didn't like that one either?" He asked
"Sorry it's just not something I can see myself in. Why don't I just take a look around." I said
"You can't," Jenkins said
"Why not?" I asked
"Because you can't purchase a dress that someone else is wearing to the ball already." Jenkins said
"Oh then why don't you come with me and if I see a dress you can tell me whether it's been bought or not." I said
"Well you can tell because the ones that you can't buy have a red tag." He said and I thought I felt my eye twitch.
"Why didn't you just say so from the beginning." I said and he shrugged.
"Just go on," Jenkins said and I walked off. I looked at dress after dress it seemed like all the good dresses had already been purchased. I started grabbing whatever I thought I might like.

2 hours later.
I walked out in the last dress and the guys were all slouching in their chairs except for Jenkins he was still alert.
"What about this one," Jenkins asked and I looked in the mirror and shook my head. "Well that's the only dress I have available."
"So what now," I asked a little concerned.
"Well you could always go to my sisters store Jenine," He said, I looked over at Mathew and I couldn't read his face.
"No hard feelings," Mathew said to Jenkins, "It's just Katelyn is so picky, if she doesn't find anything over there she'll just have to come back and choose from here."
"I guess but what choice do I have." Jenkins said.
We left the store and the guys looked bored and they just wanted to go back.
"Who knew that all the good dresses would be taken." I said
"Who knew you could be so picky." Marcus said as he drove.
"Picky? Okay maybe a little but you have to admit that most of those dresses just weren't 'it'" I said
"And now we still have to come back tomorrow." Marcus said
"See Marcus, and maybe this time me and you can find my dress," I said
"You mean your team is going to help, they get to come tomorrow. Also I'm not coming back Mathews going to bring you back." Marcus said and I could tell he had a smile on his face.
"Why can't you just have picked a dress." Julian said laying his head in my lap.
"What do you want me to say," I shrugged
"That you liked one that you tried on already so we don't have to come back tomorrow." Julian said and I shook my head with a smile.
"Sorry, I just can't strut a dress that my heart doesn't desire," I joked.
"I'll admit some of them just didn't go good with you but there were some that I thought looked good." Julian said.
"Yeah but at the end of the day my opinion matters the most." I said and he just rolled his eyes.

When we got back to camp, they told us we didn't have to worry about anything, just have a day to ourselves. As usual though we decided to spend it in our room. I continued to teach Blake the waltz while Julian and Adrian watched.
"See you got this," I said and then he stepped on my foot, "Your getting there."
"I think we'll call it quits for now." Blake said
"If you say so." I said then Travis walked in with a box and some letters.
"Here we go," Julian called out.
"Mail time, mail time, mail time! The mails here. Here's the mail it never fails, it makes me wanna wag my tail-" I started singing the blues clues song but Julian put his hand over my mouth.
"We get it, mail time use to be fun before you started singing that song," Julian said
"aww you know you like it." I said as they walked over to Travis. I never bothered with the mail because no one ever wrote to me except for once I got a letter from Leah, the girl I helped saved, but that was about it.
"Katelyn," Travis said setting the box on my bed.
"yes?"
"It's for you," Travis said
"Who's it from?" I asked
"I don't know it only has you name on it," Travis said and he pushed the box closer to me. I put my hands on it but just stared at it. "Are you going to open it or are you trying to persuade it to open itself."
"I'm on it, patience sir," I said as I struggled to open it because of the tape.
"Oh for crying out loud," Blake said and he ripped the box open.
"Thanks Blake," I said with sarcasm. I looked inside and there was another box with a letter on top. I picked up the letter and read it out loud.

'Katelyn
Please enjoy this gift from us to you.
F.L.'

"Who's F.L.?" I said looking at Travis
"It doesn't ring a bell," He said as I pulled out the other box, this box didn't have any tape, so it opened with ease. There was a masquerade mask and a dress. I pulled out the dress it was beautiful, it was perfect.
"Boys it looks like we don't have to go shopping tomorrow." I said with a grin
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow so I feel like this chapter rushes things? I don't know. So hopefully you guys like it. Sorry its super long but maybe that'll make up for my absence hehe
Enjoy! :D