Sequel: This Ends Now.
Status: Sequel is coming your way soon :D

Forever Hold My Heart

When I fall asleep

On the car ride back Gavin held me as I silently cried. He tried to help soothe me by running a hand through my short hair.
"Katelyn you've been shot," Travis said, he was sitting next to us.
"She's had that wound since she came to me," Gavin said and I could hear Travis shuffling around for something.
"I'm going to get that bullet out, so this is going to hurt," Travis said. I could feel him put the tweezers to my skin before he went into my actual wound. I gripped Gavin's shirt and leaned my face in the crook of his neck. Before I knew it he had pulled out the bullet and was now putting a bandage over my wound.
"Katelyn, you should really try to get some rest," Mathew said and I tried to close my eyes but the images of my mother kept coming back in my head. When we pulled up to the house, I felt so numb.
"We'll be staying here tonight, I don't think it'll be safe to go back tonight," Mathew said as we got outside the car. We stood outside when my stomach suddenly felt like a washing machine. I hurried over to the side, and began to throw up. I gasped for air as I finished emptying the contents from my stomach. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hands and with weak knees walked back over. I didn't make eye contact.
We walked inside and Travis led Gavin upstairs and I followed.
"This is where you'll stay the night. And you," Travis said looking at me, "Are not allowed to be around him until everything is cleared up."
"Until what is cleared up?" I asked confused
"Well because this is a more sensitive case, we have to treat everything with precautions." Travis tried to explain
"I'm still not following along," I said slowly
"Although I believe you, we have to make sure he really is a Royal and until then we have to keep an eye out for both of you." Travis said and I gave him a blank stare. "We'll still protect him until then don't worry."
"I understand," I said and turned to walk away.
"Wait, Katelyn don't go," Gavin said
"She has too, just get some rest," Travis said and he closed the door and he locked it. I started walking away but stopped when I heard Gavin fidgeting with the door knob. I wish there was something I could do but I knew better. Travis stopped and looked at me, he sighed and handed me the key. "Don't stay for too long and after I want you to get some rest, you need to heal."
"Thank you," I said and I walked back. I slowly unlocked the door and as I opened the door I saw Gavin take a step back. I walked inside and closed the door behind me. "I can't stay for long."
He hugged me.
"What's going to happen?" He said
"We wait," I said and we walked over to the bed.
"You should get some rest," I said and I got up and looked out the window.
"How are you feeling?" He asked and I just sighed.
"Like this isn't real," I said and then I took a seat next to him. I put my head in my hands and I felt the tears run. I felt as Gavin wrapped his arms around me and just held me.
We eventually laid down and he just comforted me and helped me calm down. After a while I just closed my eyes hoping that sleep could just take me away for awhile. I heard Gavin's deep breaths and knew he had already fallen asleep. I laid there and just listened, I eventually got up, I glanced back at him and then left. When I looked up I saw Julian pacing the hallway.
"Julian?"
"Katelyn, you should go get some rest," Julian said
"I know," I paused, "You know I thought that you didn't follow me."
"Actually I kind of went to Mathew first and then I tried to catch up to you," Julian said
"Was it just me or did you hear all the laughter?" I asked.
"We heard sniggers, Mathew thinks they were all Latronum's because of the fact that they kept trying to shoot us. I did hear when you screamed my name, I thought for a second that they had gotten you," Julian said
"I thought nobody had followed. When I came to this world I hesitated for a bit but when no one came I was convinced that no one had followed." I said
"Oh that's only because when we realized you had came to this world we had to make a decision, one that Travis made for us," Julian said
"That's always nice to know," I said with a small smile he gave a slight nod, and I walked past him. I walked downstairs and I saw Travis sitting on the couch on his phone. I walked over and sat down next to him. I handed him the key.
"Thanks," I said
"No problem," he replied.
"What are you doing?" I asked
"Just writing down a report of all the events that happened tonight.
"Why?" I asked
"We're required to write reports for events like this one." He shrugged
"Oh," I said playing with my hands in my lap. "What's going to happen when we get back, like team wise."
"We give you a new team. Which in this case will consist of Julian, Adam, Landon and Jack."
"What about Damien, Blake, and everyone else." I asked
"They're with their royals. Don't worry though occasionally you'll get to see them when we assign your team to help watch over certain houses." Travis said and I nodded. I felt so tired but I couldn't get to sleep.
"You don't mind if I stay here with you do you?" I asked
"No why would I?" He said and I curled up next to him using his lap as my pillow. I closed my eyes but every time I would open them Travis would tell me to go to sleep. This would occur every so often so instead I just closed my eyes and let my thoughts consume me. Finally I shot up when I heard the front door open. I looked to see Mathew.
"We'll be leaving in about 30 minutes," Mathew said
"Okay," I said sitting back down. I could tell that it was early in the morning because the sun was nipping at the horizon.
"Did you sleep well," Travis asked
"Not really," I said and Travis took my arm and started unwrapping the gauze. I looked down at my arm, my cuts hardly healed at all.
"Strange." Travis said as he checked the wound on my back.
"Did that one heal?" I asked
"Not really," Travis said
"Why do you think that is?" I said wrapping my arm back up.
"You probably didn't get a proper rest." Travis said and I just shrugged knowing that I never actually went to sleep. "I know you didn't get any sleep."
"Right," I said and I saw Gavin walk down the stairs.
"Good morning," Gavin said he sat down next to me. His face was a bit swollen on one side. I could also see bruising around his eye. I lightly traced my finger around his eye.
"How are you feeling?" I asked
"Like I've been hit by a bus but no biggie," He gave me a small smile and I nodded. He put his arm around my shoulder and I rested my head on his shoulder.
"How did you sleep," Gavin asked me and I just nodded.
"The question should be if she slept at all," Travis said and I squeezed my eyes shut. I sat up and looked at Travis.
"I'm fine," I said
"You really should get some sleep" Gavin said and I laid my head back down on his shoulder and he kissed my forehead.
"I know," I said
"Okay everyone we're leaving now," Mathew said and I got up.
"Here we go," I said and Gavin grabbed my hand as we walked down to the basement.
"We're just waiting for Charlie to come back with the okay," Mathew said and I stood there with Gavin. I felt a little awkward just because no one was saying anything but I knew they were communicating with each other. I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate but I just ended up getting a headache. I opened my eyes and saw the guy from back at the house come out of the door.
"Okay it's clear but there's a specific order that you guys have to go in." The guy said
"Just tell us how Charlie," Mathew said.
"Julian, Mathew, the boy," Charlie started
"His name is Gavin," I said
"Travis, Katelyn and then me," Charlie continued. After Mathew went through, I gave Gavin a reassuring look. Travis hesitated before he went through and just gave Charlie a dirty look. I walked over to the door and looked in, just like before it was pitch black. I jumped through only to fall face first on the other side. I slowly got up and brushed the leaves and dirt off of me. I almost immediately had a connection with a royal but it was Gavin. They were taking him away.
"Where are you taking me," Gavin said panicked. I saw they had handcuffed him and pushed him into the car. My body's natural instinct was to run to him but before I could, I was handcuffed.
"What are you doing?" I asked as I tried to run to Gavin I could still hear him.
'Let me go, Katelyn!'
"Don't look into her eyes," The man who handcuffed me said. I looked around and I saw Mathew standing in front of Julian and Travis. They just stood there and watched.
"Don't fight them, Katelyn," Mathew said but I couldn't help it my specialty was in control not me. 'where are you taking me!'
"Mathew, Gavin!" I yelled as I struggled only to have a blind fold put over my eyes. "My specialty."
It was the last thing I managed out before I was thrown into a car. I could tell because I could hear the engine and the door close. I tried to calm myself down but I couldn't until I had contact with Gavin. 'What are you going to do to me?'
I clenched my fist, Gavin needed to calm down.
'Help, somebody! Don't touch me!' I could hear him panic. His feelings only made me go more crazy to try and escape. I heard Gavin hiss and I could feel his pain. Were they hurting him? I felt the car come to a stop and the minute the door opened I ran out I couldn't see anything and my hands were cuffed. I only went with my instincts, I stumbled here and there but my main concern was to get to Gavin.
"Katelyn! Stop," I heard someone yell after me. I wish I could but I couldn't, before I knew it I heard a car honking. I felt myself being thrown as the side of my body scrapped the hard asphalt ground.
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry you came out of nowhere," I heard a lady say. My fall caused me to scrape the side of my face on the floor which slid the blindfold down enough to where I could actually see. I got up without a word and kept running, although I wasn't getting far at all. I think I had dislocated my hip so I couldn't run.
I was soon grabbed from around my waist and thrown over someone's shoulder.
"Katelyn calm down," I heard Mathew say but I couldn't stop, all I could focus on was Gavin's calls of distress. Soon more than just Mathew had a hold on me I was then taken inside a building and thrown into a empty concrete room.
The way they decided to communicate with me was through a speaker com.
"Katelyn they are only going to let you out once they confirm that Gavin is a Royal." Mathew said
"I can't help it, because he feels in danger I've already made a connection with him again." I said and I could still feel my heart racing.
"We'll bring him to you once it's over," Mathew said and I just slumped to the floor.

It felt like hours passed before the door was opened and Gavin came walking in. All it took was him to grab my hand for the connection to stop. I felt like I could relax now, but as soon as the connection was over my own pain became very noticeable.
I had separated from Gavin and had reassured him that I would meet up with him once I had recovered. I was in the car with Mathew, I was leaning my head up against the window.
"So where are we going now?" I asked
"For now, we are going back to the camp," He said
"Okay," I said
"When we get back you will go straight to bed." Mathew said
"I know, I know. I need to get some rest," I said
"You need to heal" Mathew said
"Yeah but I can only sleep if Travis helps me too." I said
"How can he help you if you're not even falling asleep at all," Mathew said
"I guess, where's Gavin going to go?" I asked
"He's fine don't worry about him I'll take you to visit him once you get some rest but until then don't even think about it."
"Okay boss man," I said as we pulled into the parking lot. Mathew carried me in his arms back to the room. The only luggage that was left behind was mine. It was on the floor by the foot of my bed.
"Let's take a look at the leg," Mathew said.
"You know it's a shame I ruined that dress," I said laying with my eyes closed trying to focus on something other than the fact that Mathew was about to pop in my leg.
"You ready?" He said
"Don't tell me just-" I let out a grunt as he put my leg in its proper place. "Thanks."
"Now I'll be back to clean up the new scratches but try to start going to sleep." Mathew said. I was so beat up that, that's all I wanted to do. I took slow even breathes but sleep never came to me. I let out a groan, I was aching all over and it wouldn't go away unless I fell asleep. I heard someone walk in and I saw Mathew.
"You're not going to get better if you don't get some rest," Mathew said
"I know, but sleep won't come to me," I started and then Mathew's phone started ringing.
"Hello," Mathew said
"Hey it's me Travis," I could hear him from the other line pretty clearly.
"What's up?" Mathew asked
"It's Katelyn, the bullet they shot her with has a anti sleep serum." Travis said
"anti sleep?" Mathew asked
"is she around?" Travis asked
"Yeah she's right next to me," Mathew responded
"Well I'm on my way back so I'll tell you more when I get there," Travis said and they both hung up.
"Anti sleep?" I asked
"I've heard of it before but they've never made it strong enough to kill any of us," Mathew said then looked at me, "But you are in pretty bad shape. You have lost a lot of blood, actually this could be fatal."
"What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger," I said
"Now's not the time to joke," Mathew responded
"Who said I was joking," I said and Mathew just rolled his eyes.
"Travis is near I can hear his thoughts," Mathew said and he started walking away.
"Where are you going?" I asked
"I'm going to get some things so I can stitch up the wound on your back," Mathew said and he left me there. Why me?
"I just want to go to sleep," I whined to no one in particular.
"What happened to you?" Travis asked as he walked in.
"Life?" I said unsure
"No, how did you get all these new scrapes." he said referring to my encounter with the car.
"Oh I got hit by a car." I said and he shook his head.
"It's worse than I thought," He said and that's when Mathew walked in. They both just stared at each other. I could tell they were having a discussion.
"Okay," Travis said
"Katelyn, we are going to give you a shot that'll put you to sleep," Mathew said pulling out a tiny bottle and a syringe.
"As long as it'll take away the pain then go for it," I said closing my eyes.
"You ready," Mathew said and I opened my eyes and saw that Travis has walked away.
"Yeah just give me the shot already," I said and he just carelessly stabbed it into my arm. "Ow, could you be anymore careless."
He shook his head.
"Says the one who ran in front of a car and still tried to run with a dislocated-" He started
"Okay I get it..." I said as I felt my eyelids getting heavier. "When I wake up promise you'll take me to go see Gavin."
"Sure," He said and I felt myself begin to drift off, "If you wake."
"What," I barely mumbled and I knocked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow I don't know why this part took so long to write. Aside that I've been busy I kept deleting this part and rewriting it. So here you guys are enjoy, if you guys still stuck around ;) haha