Sequel: This Ends Now.
Status: Sequel is coming your way soon :D

Forever Hold My Heart

Sooner or later its over.

Before Travis took me to go see Gavin we stopped at a pet shop.
“So what kind of bird are you going to get him?” Travis asked
“I’m not sure yet,” I said and Travis just shook his head with a smile.
“Well they have a variety of animals here,” Travis said as we entered the shop.
“Oh Travis,” A man came over he had a bird on his shoulder. The man looked to be in his 60’s he looked so fragile but anyone could tell he was happy.
“Hello Henry, this is Katelyn,” Travis said
“It’s nice to meet you,” He said holding out his hand, I shook his hand with a smile. “So what can I help you guys with?”
“We’re looking for a bird,” Travis said looking at me. “We have a guardian that can communicate with animals, so we wanted to get him a bird that can be his partner.”
Henry slowly nodded his head then he smiled.
“I think, I have the perfect bird,” He said and we followed him to the back. “This is the black lory. He’s very energetic and has a fun personality.”
I had never seen a bird like the black lory he was all black and under his tail he had some yellow and red.
“What do you think?” Travis said looking at me and I smiled
“I think we found the bird,” I said
Henry took the time to explain to us how to take care of the bird. We bought a bird cage, food, and some bird toys.
When we got into the car the bird was pretty loud.
“Do you think he’ll like it,” I asked
“Yeah, why wouldn’t he,” Travis asked and I shrugged. I could see the house, I felt my stomach drop as we got that much closer. I even flinched when I heard my phone ringing.
“Hello,” I answered
“The board approves,” A man said
“What? Who’s this?” I asked
“Clarence, the board approves of your request.” Clarence said
“Okay,” I said
“Can’t wait for the tournament,” Clarence said
“What do you mean?” I asked
“Yeah Mathew explained your plan and the day your team fights against the team in first place. I will be there to watch everything and then report back to the board. I also hope you haven’t forgotten what’s on the line,” Clarence said
“What if I didn’t want that,” I said
“Well you can’t make a decision until you’ve been officially offered the position.” Clarence said
“Okay then, bye,” I said
“Bye,” He said and I let out a sigh. It couldn’t be normal to feel this sick from all the nerves I had.
“What was that about?” Travis asked
“Clarence says the board approved of the request to make my own team, also the tournament. He’s going to be there to see how it goes.” I said
“That’s cool,” Travis said
“Not really, I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders.” I said
“Well just take it one step at a time,” Travis said, “If there is anything I’ve learned about the board its that they usually want things to be done regardless of how they are done.”
Unfortunately they were going to care how I went about things, they were watching my every move. After all if they did choose me to be a board member, the faith of everyone would be in my hands as well.
“You make everything sound so easy, maybe we should switch lives for a week or two,” I said
“Yeah... no,” Travis smiled. We had just passed through the gates, I didn’t know how this would change things.
“Hey um I don’t really plan on staying here that long is that okay,” I said
“Yeah just say the word and we’re gone,” Travis said. When we entered I started having second thoughts, maybe I should give this a shot. I was so opposed to it even before I said yes, maybe it wasn’t fair for Gavin. Plus I’ve had so much on my mind that maybe it was conflicting with my feelings. Then again if I let this continue and I still felt nothing for him it would just be harder on him. As I got closer to his door I decided that I would just tell him how I really felt and that I honestly thought that I wouldn’t be able to feel for him the way he felt for me. His door was ajar, so I peeked my head through.
I pulled my head back, I didn’t know what to do. I just saw Gavin kissing Cecilia. I was right this whole time. I peeked my head in again and they were still kissing. I knocked on the door and they both looked at me. They just stayed there like two deer caught in headlights. I opened the door completely. Cecilia then quickly stood up and looked back and forth between Gavin and me.
“Katelyn,” Gavin said and then I heard footsteps quickly approaching. I was tackled from my side.
“Okay calm down,” Adam said as he just stared at me. I looked at him like he was crazy, I was calm. I lifted my head and I saw Damien escorting Cecilia and Travis stood in the doorway.
“I am calm,” I said and Adam slowly got off of me. I stood up, I moved my arm, I had hit the floor pretty hard. “A heads up would have been nice.”
“Sorry I just heard Cecilia calling out saying that you were going to kill her, so I came as fast as I could” Adam said
“I just want to talk to him,” I said
“No, you’re being scarily calm,” Adam said
“Travis doesn’t even have to move,” I said and Adam looked at Travis. Travis nodded and I stood outside the room, while Travis leaned on the doorway. Gavin was sitting on his bed as he fidgeted with his hands.
“The only reason I came down to see you was to tell you that I wasn’t sure if I wanted to be with you anymore. I was going to tell you that I didn’t want to lead you into thinking that I would eventually have feelings for you. I wanted to do things the right way.” I said and he looked up at me and I shook my head and walked away.
“Katelyn,” Gavin called out but I just made my way downstairs and walked out to the car.

A few minutes later, Travis came out and got in the car. The drive back was extremely, quiet except for the bird occasionally making a sound here and there. When we pulled into the parking lot I slowly go out of the car. Maybe now I could begin to start getting my mind put straight. I could feel a knot in the back of my throat. Was I seriously going to start crying. I tried to hold it back but I began to feel my eyes water. I looked up trying to hold back the tears.
“Katelyn?” Travis asked, I just looked at him he was standing right in front of me.
“I’m okay,” I said and then I was pulled into a hug. I started to cry, I just let everything go. It wasn’t just about Gavin anymore it was about everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I'm glad that's over, I'm excited for the near future. Yay! Thanks for all the comments and sorry about the mistake on the last part. That was a face palm.... anyways enjoy!