‹ Prequel: Sexy? Why yes I am.

When Light Dies, Darkness Awakes

Nine: She's back again

I was sitting in class looking right at Ren who seemed as if his mind was elsewhere. His black hair covered one of his eyes and his chin was resting on the knuckle of his hand. He didn’t look bored, or worried, he honestly just looked like he was in some other world figuring out how the fuck he’s going to take it over.

“Jayden, please read section three in your book.” said the teacher.

I looked down at my book lost on where we left off.

She sighed and picked someone else.

“Fuck” was the only thing that passed my mind.

I’ve been trying in all the years of high school here to get into a big University. I’ve always been the type to get really good grades in school. Aunt Reia says I probably took after my Mother, she would say I took after my Father if she knew if he honestly got an A for the work and not cheating or other methods.

I just don’t want to be like my Dad who had to support five people. He lived pay check to pay check, and I don’t think that’s a relaxing life in the slightest. I don’t know how Ren plans on living life once he’s out of high school, but I hope he doesn’t intend on staying with Dolly and Reia. I think they deserve to have a nice peaceful and relaxing life of their own. I mean, they only took us in because of what happened to my Mother and our Father.

I really want to take Kari along with me when I move out. I can take a lot better care of her then Ren can I think, financial wise. I don’t think Ren would let her ever leave, especially not with me. The thing is I’d be willing to fight for Kari, to get her to come with me. Ren’s probably the biggest fight to battle though, and I honestly haven’t been in very many fights.

Ren missed a lot of school, but now he’s finally back. As for Kari, well she still hasn’t come back to school after getting raped at the dance. I don’t blame her, but I don’t think she should let that get in the way of graduating Senior year. It’d really suck if she had to stay back…

Right around lunch time I noticed that near my locker, the janitor’s room was unlocked. Out of curiosity I peeked in to see all the cleaning supplies on the floor and the table completely clean. I noticed rope on each of the four corners of the table, which confused me big time. What does the Janitor need rope for?

I heard someone coming towards the room and quickly hid.

I peeked out a bit to see Ren talking to his ex Emi.

He had his hand on her cheek, “Do me a favor and make sure you bring Seth to this room, okay?”

What do I get for doing that?” She said leaning in.

“Anything you want…” said Ren as he caressed her lips.

Her eyes glowed and she nodded with a smile, and off she went.

I thought he wanted nothing to do with Emi now. Why would he even touch her like that if they’re over for good?

About five minutes later I spotted Emi with Seth. He had his hand right on her ass as they were walking over here.

“I have the perfect room for us to fuck in.” she said to Seth and licked his neck after a kiss.
“Any where is fine with me.” He said with a grin.

When they stopped right at the Janitors room, he looked at her confused.

Then his eyes widened as if he’d seen a ghost.

“Remember me?” I heard Ren say.

Next thing I knew he shoved Seth inside the room.

“You’ll follow through with what you said right?” asked Emi.

“I swear.” said Ren as he shut the door.

I’m officially boxed in the Janitors room with Seth and my brother. Fuck.

Seth had a frightened and surprised look on his face.

Ren had the look of death, and well, I don’t want to be here at all. If my Brother intends to achieve his revenge on Seth for raping Kari, I’d rather be ignorant to how he does it…

I tried to adjust myself in the small space I was in by moving my back against the cart more, but it ended up bumping something. Next thing I knew something heavy fell on my head and I blacked out. Next thing I knew I woke up in the infirmary.
I looked to the right of me to see Ren glaring down at me.

“You say anything, and I’ll fucking kill you, I swear.” said Ren.
“Did you kill Seth?” I asked.

He raised one eye brow at me and rolled his eyes and said, “Let’s just say he won’t be back in school for a while.”

“So you didn’t kill him?” I asked.

“You’ll figure it out. I dragged your ass here, so if I hear you say anything about what happened, I will not hesitate to take you out.” said Ren before walking right out of the infirmary.

I let out a heavy sigh before getting up and walking out myself.

The moment I turned right, I saw Kari standing right there.

She had on tight black jeans, and a skull shirt, and she looked right at me before turning into her class.

I smiled. I’m glad she’s finally back. It’s been to long already…

The nurse ran right over to me.

“You need to go home; you’ve been out for three class periods already. I’d rather not risk something happening to you again after you past out like that.”

Is that what Ren told her? That I just passed out? And she seriously believed that? What the….

I nodded and grabbed my stuff and walked right out of there and then out of the school. I figured I’d just go to the park and wait until Ren got out. He has the keys after all.
I walked right off my campus and across the street to a park that was easy to walk to distance wise. When I passed by a bench where someone was sitting, I couldn’t help but to catch something pink at the corner of my eye. I looked back to see what it was, or who it was.

I saw a woman who had black hair, with pink streaks that just barely passed her shoulders. She had light green eyes and a smirk danced on and off her lips. She fluttered her eyes at me and then motioned me with one finger, for me to come over.

I walked right over to her, and she then patted the seat next to her.

“Uh…”

“I’m looking for my son, but for some reason I still can’t find him.” She said to me and a smile suddenly replaced the smirk she had.

I bit my tongue trying to figure out if I really wanted to do that.

“You know, you look like the son of a woman I hate with passion, but for some odd reason I like you.” She said.

I looked at her surprised.

She patted a spot next to her once more. I then proceeded to sit right next to her.

“You know my son is probably the most handsome man in his school. He was created after all by two fucking hot ass parents. I haven’t seen him in so long, so now I’m searching for him.” She said.

She then took out a cigarette and lit it.
“Uh, what will you do when you find your son?” I asked.

“I’ll have him join me in my work. I’m getting older and older, and it’d be nice if I had someone more intimidating working with me. I know he’s probably someone no one wants to cross. His Father after all was not only the most popular guy in school, but the most feared.” She said.

“Why don’t you just retire?” I asked.

“I’m only in my thirties kid.” She said and rolled her eyes at me as if she were some young teenage girl.

I nodded and then looked at my phone to check the time.

“Schools out, I’ve got to go.” I said and got up and began to walk away. I looked back to see her waving to me with that smirk.

Why is she smirking?

I walked back on campus and waited at the car for Ren.

When he finally showed up, we both got in and then Kari came, and we went on our way home.

It was quiet the entire time. Kari sat there looking out the window and all Ren did was continuously look into the mirror to check on her the whole way home.

When we got home, we all grabbed our shit and walked right in the door.

I looked right over to the couch and saw a certain someone. I stopped right in my tracks and froze up.

“What the fuck are you stopping for? Move.” said Ren.

My eyes were wide.

“Jayden, what’s wrong?” asked Kari.

“It’s Dad.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading!!
Chapter 10 will be out as soon as I can write it. ^^
COMMENT :D