Batman: New Beginnings

Chapter 1 Introduction

They call me a genius in Gotham, seems like all the geniuses come from Gotham. There Bruce Wayne, Batman and myself as well as many others. I never really understood why there are so many, I have always assumed that it was because of all the twisted bad guys we have like Two-Face, Joker, Ridder and Ivy plus so many others.

Me? I'm working in the application of combining Stem cells with nano-technology. I'm trying to make it so that people who have been paralyzed even from birth can walk and do the simplest tasks without aid or a wheelchair. I was hired at Wayne Industries a few years back when Mr. Wayne returned from his trip and around the same time Batman can to be. I have to report all my results to Mr. Bruce himself. So far my research has been a great success, though the nano-technology is only able to bond with the Stem cells for a short period of time. Oh dear it seems I have started to rant about my research again. I guess I should leave that for my report.

"Beep, beep," the computer chimed alerting the signal

"Stop. Files save. Close" I said in to the mic.

"Bruce it seems we have some trouble at the Gotham City bank. Looks likes Joker is trying to steal the emerald."

I wheeled my chair over to the right computer and started typing to hack into the backs computer.

"You'd figure after a so many break-ins that the bank would at least up the staff a little. But then again why would they do that. They have Batman to look after their money." I whispered to myself.

"It is my job you protect the people of Gotham," He said in his usual mono-toned voice.

I blushed a little surprised that he had heard the comment. "Yes! I'm in. Looks like he's not alone Harley and a few of their lackeys are there as well." I cracked my knuckles and started typing. "Ya think you're going to get into the security system? I don't"

It was about two in the morning when he finally got in. I didn't turn away from my computer and continued typing way.

"Nova you should probably get to bed you still need to be in the office by nine tomorrow." Bruce said had been come behind me and place his hand on my shoulder. Without looking way I answered him.

"Yep let me finished these calculations then I will be right up."

He left me but I heard him tell Alfred to keep an eye on me. It was nearly half an hour later when I was finished.

"Mam' would you like some help?" Alfred had asked.

When I first moved into the mansion I hated it when Alfred offered me help. Like most people who were paralyzed I had to much pride so to speak to let anyone help me especially since I was able to walk not more than a year and a half earlier. But I soon realized that it was just in his nature to help people.

"Yes Alfred thank you."

He walked behind my chair and wheeled me to the elevator. When we go to my room Alfred excused himself. I changed into a silky night gown. They are the easiest I find to wear. I wheeled myself over to the bed and pulled myself into the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first Chapter of my Newest Novel. leave me massages and tell me what you think