Batman: New Beginnings

Chapter 2 Paralyzed

I suppose I should tell you how I was paralyzed.

Well I guess it would have been two years ago when I was paralyzed. This is after Joker and villains like him tried to run Gotham. I was considered and genius even back them, the only difference was that I was working with Stem cells and Nano-technology on separate levels. I worked at the local hospital in the research department. I suppose it was late. I had just left a meeting which had to do with my research and the talk about terminating the project. I tried to fight and show them I need more money, but that was useless they completely disregarded me. I was walking home on one of the back-alley ways. It's normally the way I take home. That night there was a gang of men in the ally way. I hoped I would be able to walk past them without any trouble; I wasn't carrying a purse or anything that made it look like I had money. My hood was up and I think it has started snowing was well. The leader of the group was a young man not much older then I came up to me asking for some change. Of course I told him I had none. But he didn't believe me and his group circled me. There was a larger man, he was carrying a pipe, the smallest one had a crowbar and I think one even had a rope.

"I wouldn't if I were you," I has said under my breath.

Back in the day I use to be one of the best fighters I can't say that now. The largest one swung at me and I was able to dodge it easily which caused him to tip over his own feet. The second guy ran towards me with his crowbar behind his head screaming. I tried hard not to laugh at his face I ducked down and swung my leg in a circular monition which caused him to lose his balance and fall hitting his head. I looked at the guy who had started it all.

"I told you not to mess with me," I gave him a wink and continued on my way.

I was walked out of the alleyway and was turning onto the street, my apartment was just around the corner when a rope was placed around my neck and I was being dragged back into the alleyway.

"Sorry Mam, no one hurts my crew and get away with it, especially some chick."

Some how they managed to knock me out and tie me to one of the fire ladders. When I finally came to my legs dangled off the ground and each of the men were taking a turn hitting me with their respective weapons. At some points I could hear them hitting me so hard that I heard bones cracking and breaking. I didn't lose consciousness though most of the events. When I started to cough up blood and it ran down the side of my cheek I knew something was very wrong. It had gotten to the point where I couldn't feel fell any pain under my hips.

"Please stop..." I coughed up "I can't feel my legs you've have to call for help."

"Don't worry I'll make is so you can't feel anything else ever again." He had replied to me.

Not to soon after that did a shadow appear around me it almost looked like a bat. He
swooped down and fought with the four men and easily one and then cute me free.

"I am here to help," Is all that he said.

Some of the last things I remembered were of this figure putting me into a car. I blacked out. I woke up again what seemed like a few minutes later and there over top of me stood Bruce Wayne. Again I blacked out, and yes I did a lot of it that day. I finally woke up almost two weeks later in the hospital. The doctor Fraser told me that I had been out for quite some time and it is as good thing Mr. Wayne had found me. He also said that Mr. Wayne never left my side the entire time I had been in the hospital.

"Is there anything more?" I asked the doctor.

He gave me a sombre look with his reply. "Yes just one more and I am surprised you didn't realize it yourself but you are paralyzed."

At that very moment Bruce walked in and this was our first me