Batman: New Beginnings

Chapter 3: First Meetings

When Bruce walked in he was holding a few folders, of course at the time I wouldn’t call him Bruce. One he was reading he seemed very interested in.

“Nova it seems like you have a pretty good grasp on nano-tech. I would love to get to understand more about your research you have here.”

The doctor gave Mr. Wayne a strange look. “Bruce I really think that Ms. Nova needs a chance to rest she has been through a lot in the past few weeks not only that but our Physiologist should have a chance to look at her and make sure she is mentally stable. She has been through quite an ordeal.”

“Yes very well then Doctor Fraser you seem to have a point. Ms. Nova we will continue this later on in the week.” Wayne responded.

Later in the day a young physiologist by the young lady by the name of Cristin Ellis came to evaluate me. She asked me all kinds of questions like how I was feeling, how it felt not to be able to walk anymore if I had someone to look after me. Her questions seemed so annoying and she would talk to me like I was a child which was worse. The next day the police came and a man by the name of Detective Bullock came and asked me question, most of his question revolved around batman around Batman which I thought was weird because I thought was the one who had saved me. After a few days the doctor started to perform a few test on my legs to see how much feeling I actually had left. He would poke my feet with a needle and try to make me wiggle my toes which never happened. That night a strange thing appeared on the balcony of my hospital room. I could have only assumed it was the batman since it did look like a bat. He opened the door and walked in like he owned the place.

“Hello Nova, sorry it took me so long to see you but I have been very busy. I was able to find the men who hurt you and Detective Bullock is taken care of it now. I hope you’re not frightened,” he said in a booming voice.

“No I don’t think I am scared. They have me on so much medication that I don’t think I can be scared of anything without finding it somewhat funny.”

Soon after that I believe I fell asleep because when I opened my eyes again Bruce Wayne was standing over me.

“Sorry it took me so long to get back to you I had some business to take care of”

He took a chair from the far end of the desk and pulled it closer to me, he excused the doctor and we began to talk. After a few hours of explaining my plans of using Stem Cells and mixing then with the nano-technology

“Nova the idea of mixing the two together is ingenious but Stem cell research is a controversial subject, many people don’t believe it should be done.” Mr. Wayne began to explain.

“Yes but you see there are over a thousand babies born in Gotham alone each year if we use the umbilical cord from the babies even if they are first born or if it is when the umbilical cord fall off the cell can still be activated and we can make the cells multiply in a normal cellular growth stage…”

I look over at Mr. Wayne who actually seems interested but also slightly lost
.
“I’m Sorry Mr. Wayne did I lose you?”

“No your plan is quite genius, however getting dead cells to multiply and grow might be the hard part. But with a little bit of funding I am sure you can get it underway.”

Mr. Wayne pulled out a small black book and a pen. He begins to write, pulling off the paper he hands it to me.

“This should be enough to get you start.” And with that Mr. Wayne left the room. I was left staring at the one million dollar check.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Now I plan to try and start updating Hope it works out