Batman: New Beginnings

Chapter 6: My Boss is Batman… Whaaaaaaaaaaaaattt?

When the figure turned around I was surprise to see that it was Alfred. When Alfred turned he was completely surprised to seem me. He first had a look of worry that faded to a look of acceptance. He had keys in his hand and seemed to be in quite a rush.

“I’m sorry Miss Nova, but I don’t really have time to explain. Please just stay here until I return.

Alfred proceed to one of the cars in the garage, cave or whatever it was referred to and drove off down a long tunnel. I made my way over to the giant computer in front of me. I was amazed at the shear size of the screens. There were three screens the almost half the size of an Imax screen. I couldn’t imagine how someone was able to get something that big I looked down at the keyboard and there were three of those as well, one for each screen. “Imagine the computing powers this thing must have.” I thought to myself. Slowly I wheeled myself over to the computer and gave the mouse a little bit of a shake. I was quite surprised when the computer screens actually turned on. I guess they didn’t expect someone to find them. I moved the mouse around a little and saw that I was looking at the inside of one of the banks in Gotham. One screen showed a diagram of a body and a few spots was blinking with a red light around it, I could tell that at least two of the spots that were blinking on the diagram were spots on the body that could be considered lethal. The last screen had nothing. When I looked back to the middle screen, I saw that was ever I was looking through had started moving. I tried lighting the picture and saw that it was Alfred looking down into the screen.

That’s when I realized it must have been Bruce, I was a little shocked. Now I know your asking why did I just go and start playing with the computers especially if they are in a cave. Well what can I say I am a curious cat and when I see a computer I just have to play with it.
It didn’t take long for Alfred to arrive back at the cave. I wheeled my chair to the car and watched as he pulled a large figure out. I wasn’t surprised that it was the Batman and I wasn’t surprised that Bruce was Batman after a year of living here and a little bit of thought it was kind of obvious with all his running about and always getting hurt, I was actually surprised that no one else saw it. I watched at Alfred placed him on the table and started to remove the Bat suit. I help as much as I could. I pulled over one of the small operating tables that had all the tools we would need. I took care of some of the smaller wounds well Alfred did the larger ones. He had been a trained in emergency medical techniques that I really knew little about. It didn’t take the two of us long to fix Bruce back up.

When we were finished Alfred took Bruce by the arm and wrapped it around his neck he placed he placed free hand around Bruce’s waist and carried (it was more like dragging) to the elevator. When we got inside the elevator took up us up to the floor that had Bruce’s room on it. Alfred carried him to the room and set him on the bed to rest. Then he escorted me out of the room and down to the Kitchen. He poured me a cup of coffee as well as himself and we just sat at the table for a few minutes in silence not know what to say. It was him who broke the silence.

“You mustn’t tell anyone of this Miss, Nova. Gotham depends on the batman. As for Bruce I think it’s his way of coping,” He explained.

“Coping with what?”

We talked for hours about why Bruce had decided to become the Batman and we were both a little shocked when he came into the kitchen. I had expected him to say something to me even a thank you but he didn’t he just went to the fridge and took out a glass of orange juice and then left. I looked at Alfred and he just shook his head.

I had been on my fifth or sixth cup of coffee so I was wide awake and I knew this was something we were going to have to talk about. I followed him back to his bedroom and when he answered his bedroom door I told him we needed to talk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all like. Comment please