Batman: New Beginnings

Chapter 8: Date Crasher

Vince was a man that I met when I was in the hospital he was one of the men who helped me with my physical rehabilitation. Yes I know it sounds like love at first sight. We conversed a little back and forth but for the most part we didn’t start talking until I had moved into the Wayne mansion and he was no longer my physician. When he finally asked me out to supper I jumped at the chance. Lifting me into his car Vince put my wheelchair in the back of his Jetta. When I finished buckling the seatbelt I looked out the window of the car I could see Bruce watching Vince. His hands placed ever so stylish in his pockets almost as if he didn’t care but I could tell that he did. Alfred soon joined him just as we drove down the long driveway from the mansion.

“Mr. Wayne seems to be very protective of you. Almost as bad as a big brother,” Vince laughed as he drove into the upper parts of Gotham I looked back and smiled at him I wasn’t really sure what to say but I didn’t want to seem shy.

“I’m sure he wanted me to work on the nanotech rather then going on a date,” I giggled.
When we arrived at one of the country clubs I was quite impressed I didn’t expect someone on a specialist salary to afford membership into a country club but I didn’t question it.

“My parents are members.”

Giving me a little shrug trying to make is seem like he wasn’t really all that interesting in country clubs. He smiled sweetly at me as he held me out of the car. It was weird when he lifted me out of the car it didn’t seem to have quite as secure as when Bruce helped me out of his limo. When he placed me in the wheelchair my dress fell perfectly over my legs just like when I was able to walk… Vince lightly placed his hand on my shoulder, without even things about it I placed my hand and cheek on his hand. I examined him for a moment his dress shoes where extremely shiny almost like they have been freshly shined. His suite looked a little worn at least compared to the one Bruce would wear. Looking at his face, moment I thought I saw Bruce. Blinking Vince’s face came back into view. For an instant I had the butterfly feeling came into my stomach. I caught myself wishing that I was at the country club with Bruce.

Vince wheeled me into one of the country club. “Hello, I have a reservation for two under the name Mallery,”

he said to the man behind the desk. The man looked pretty stickup. Without speaking to us he grabbed two menus and lead us one of the tables near the window. When I looked out the window I could see Gotham harbour. We placed our orders and began talking about how things had been since I was in the hospital. I tried to explain the nanotechnology to him but the look on his face seemed to be going over his head.

Just as our meals arrived I looked out the window and to my surprise I saw Bruce’s reflection in the window with one of the Russian models that was saying in Gotham. When he saw me our eyes met for a moment and he came over to sit with us. Bruce took the seat next to mine and the Russian model sat beside Vince.

“How did you know we where coming here?” I whispered to him as Vince and Sasha introduced to each other. Smiling his hand was over his mouth.

“Check your purse,”

Discreetly I looked into my purse and found a little Bat tracking device. I giggled a little before closing my purse back. Clearing my throat I returned to the conversation between Vince and Sasha.

“Mr. Wayne how did you know that we where going to be at this country club?”

Bruce looked up from his meal and smiled. “There are only a few Country clubs in Gotham.”

The rest of the meal was eating in silence. The waiter came back and took our places before handing the dessert menu to us.

“Beep, Beep, Ring, Ring”

Bruce’s pager and my cell phone were starting to go off. We looked at the phones and pager before looking to each other.

“I’m sorry duty calls, Nova do you need a lift?”

“Yeah are you going to the…”

“Yes, Alfred is right around the corner”

Bruce stood from the table and placed a bunch of bills on the table. “Sorry we need to run out on you like, let me get dessert for you two.”

Coming behind me he grabbed the wheel chair and we left the club. Alfred was already waiting outside for us. Bruce gave the wheelchair to Alfred. Running around to the trunk of the limo he grabbed out a suitcase and ran down an alleyway. I got into the limo and Alfred handed me a ear piece. I placed it in my ear and took out my laptop.

“So how did you me the Russian Model”