‹ Prequel: Resistance Is Useless
Status: Active <3

Stupid and Fearless

Carson

CARSON
“Carson, get off of your drunken ass and call me back. I was calling to check on business and you. I worry. Call me back later, bye.”
Hearing the voicemail, I quickly bolted up. The sheets fell off of the top half of my body and something hit the floor, hard. I searched around the messy room, something I would have never allowed three years ago, and I tried to find some decent clothes to wear to work today. At least Landon was right, I do have a hangover. I hissed at the pain in my head. Soon after I realized that a full can of beer is what had smacked to the ground. Rolling my eyes, I started getting ready. It was harder than normal pulling up my skin tight leather pants. I found a shirt I wanted to wear with it, and quickly made my way to the bathroom. My sex hair was all over the place, so I ran my fingers through it the best I could and tossed a hat over the mess. I slipped on my cropped jacket, grabbed my iPhone, kissed my sleeping lover goodbye, and ran out of the room. I started to call Landon back, knowing that she wanted to hear from me.
“Landon! Shit, I’m sorry! I’m running sooo fucking late that it isn’t even funny.” I yelled. “I just got home from Vegas last night and decided to have a little party. Bad idea, by the way. Anyway, I just got your message and I’m-.” I hissed once I dropped my shoe on my toe. The platform bootie things hurt more than they look like they will. I slipped them on, and in the process, I slammed into a wall. I cussed loudly for that one. “Fuck! I just ran into a fucking door! Ugh! Damn things need to learn to get out of my fucking way,” I complained. “I’m on my way to the store now. Kisses!”
I hung up as fast as I could and ran other the kitchen to grab a cereal bar.
“What are you doing?”
I turned toward the husky voice, seeing the man it belonged to wearing a smirk on his face.
“I’m getting ready for work. I have to leave like…thirty minutes ago.”
“Then you’re really late,”
“Exactly, babe,” I smiled, pressing my lips fully against his, getting a reaction. “Bye!” I called once I was already half the way across the house when he reacted.
“Bye, Carson.” He chuckled.
Racing to my car in my fringed boots was simply not an easy task. I nearly fell and killed myself five times before I reached the inside safely. I giggled at the sketch pad in my front seat. It had been untouched since before I left for Vegas two weeks ago. It’s not easy having a boyfriend who lives out of the state of Maryland. Plus it’s December, and harder to get around. With 2011 fast approaching reminds me that I’ve been back for nearly a year.
My glorious return to Maryland was anything but glorious. It was weird, and it still is, but it makes Landon happy. Even since Jack and I broke up, I’ve been a fucking mess. Four years ago, I ran off back to DC where I thought I would be happy. It turned out to be the opposite. I dropped out of high school, and went right into law school. Being the President’s daughter did have its advantages. I was lucky enough to get my third big case with a rock star. I won’t go much into details with that, but it changed me. Five months after I left for DC, Landon was visiting me, and we decided to go to the saloon. I bleached my dark blond locks, and she dyed her back her natural black. It was a huge step for who I was back then. I got my first tattoo, which was a finger tattoo. It was cute and small.
I guess I started to get more rebellious when I started seeing my current boyfriend. I’ve let loose a whole hell of a lot. I have a shoulder tattoo now. I wear a lot of black. Colored lipsticks are my best friends, and my love for hot shoes is definitely more present now. I’ve probably tried ever drug in the world, and I do party a lot. My hair is still bleached, and I still can be stuck up at times. I’m still Carson, just a modified version of myself. I like myself better this way than I did when I was a Barbie doll. I moved back to Maryland after I grew up some more. I refuse to see anyone in All Time Low expect for Alex. Landon and Alex are just some package deal nowadays. My dad didn’t exactly approve of Alex’s career choices but they even got along. Imagine that? All Alex had to do was mention how much he loved The Ravens, and BAM! They were best friends.
Landon convinced me to move back to Baltimore. I started to help her on her clothing line, and invited me to be her partner. I didn’t want to go at first. Hell, I still don’t want to be here half of the time. I’m afraid that I’ll run into Jack, but if I did, would he even recognize me? I like to think that he won’t. I really didn’t want to go back, but being away from my twin all of the time really was hurting me. So I moved back, for Landon and the business. She’s my best friend, with her gone, I was lost. I didn’t talk to any of my old friends, we lost contact a long time ago. So in the end, it was easier for me just to move.
“I’m here! No one panic!” I stated playfully as I entered the small store on Thames Street.
The other employees looked up at me and shook their head. I’m supposed to be their boss, yet I’m usually late. However, today, I’m about fifty minutes later instead of the usual five.
“Why is it that you’re so late today?” Someone, I think her name is Olivia, asked.
“Well, I have the hangover from Hell, I just got back from Vegas last night, and I live twenty minutes away. Oh, and I had to call Landon back. Do you have any more useless questions to add to that one?” I asked sarcastically to the room of three employees. “That’s exactly what I thought. I’m sorry that I’m late, but I am your boss. As long as no one pisses me off, you’ll all keep your job today,” I stated before moving back behind the counter and pulling my chair up behind me. I sat down and lifted my booties up onto the counter.
“Can I get you anything, Ms. Owens?”
“Yeah! I need one of those huge triple chocolate frappe things from Starbucks in the biggest size they have.”
“Okay. I’ll be right back,”
“Hurry,” I huffed. “Someone else get me something to listen to,”
“Would you like some of Landon’s cds?”
“Not this morning,” I mumbled. “I’m too hung over.”
No one said anything else to me. I just sat there, and I looked at the door.
I still hate work. I hate that I had to show up this morning after the wild night I had last night. It’s stupid. My dad’s still under the secret service protection, and we still have money. I just don’t like working. However, if I could just show up, do basically nothing all day, then I’m taking that job. I don’t have to do a lot of things. The other employees are here to do that stuff. I just show up, boss people around, and draw cute outfits. It’s really not that hard of a job. The only person I have to listen to is Landon.
“Here you go, Ms. Owens.” The employee who got my coffee stated. I didn’t bother learning their names. That would have been pointless.
“Thanks,” I mumbled before taking the drink from her hands. The sugar was amazing on my dry tongue. I nearly moaned at the feel of it.
“You’re welcome,” She nodded before turning around and walking away. I started to drink my coffee when my phone was ringing loudly.
“Hellooo?”
“Carson! Thank God, you’re finally answering your phone.”
I laughed at the girl.
“Calm down, Kara. I’m alive,”
She huffed.
“You were starting to make me think that maybe you weren’t.”
“Of course I am. I’m too crazy to die yet,” I replied. “What are you up too?”
“I am sitting here at a spread doing absolutely nothing. I’m bored. Do you want to go to lunch later with Kendra?”
“Yeah, that would be fun.” I agreed. “I’m kind of hung over so I won’t be as much fun.”
“It’s cool, girlie. I’m just glad that you’re back from your vacation in Vegas.”
“I guess I am too?” I questioned. “I feel very…indifferent about it. Landon’s off on tour so I guess someone has to run this thing,”
Kara laughed at me.
“We’ll talk some more over lunch, okay?”
“Okay,” I agreed. “Bye, Kara.”
“Bye, girl,” She replied.
I hung up quickly and started to cling for dear life onto my cup. I need the caffeine to get me through today. I don’t know how much longer I can last just sitting here anyway.



“Hello, girlie,” Kara stated as soon as she saw me. “What are you up too?”
“I am tired and slightly grumpy,” I admitted, taking off my big glasses. “But I’m otherwise fine. What have you been up too?”
“I’ve been pretty busy,” Kara admitted.
“Awesome,” I nodded. “Where’s Kendra?”
“She’s on her way right now. She’s running a tad bit late,”
“Oh okay,” I nodded. Our waiter came and gave us the menus while we were waiting for the other woman to show up. We ordered waters, and Kara and I ordered salads for ourselves.
“So tell me how everything has been?”
“Pretty good, I guess. I can’t really complain. The boyfriend and I are like official now. That’s pretty good. It took some convincing, but he eventually got me to accept. He’s a sweetie though. I don’t think he could hurt me if he tried.”
“He sounds sweet,” She cooed.
“He really is. He’s…different from Jack. That’s good for me. He’s older, and he’s been through a lot in life. I really admire him,” I gushed openly about my boyfriend. “Business with Landon is going pretty well too. All I have to do is show up and I get paid. It’s not the best….profession in the world, but it’s not the worst either,”
“You seriously have a problem with the word job, don’t you?” She giggled.
“Always have and probably always will,” I shrugged. “What about you? How is your love life doing?”
“Well since Rian and I broke up, it’s been pretty boring.” She admitted. “We were together for so long that it’s just really…weird that we’re not together anymore. I mean, it’s been over for over an year, but it’s still just…weird,”
“I know what you mean,” I laughed.
I did understand where she was coming from. Ever since I’ve known them, Rian and Kara have been the perfect couple. They were the ‘it’ couple that everyone wanted to be. I don’t know why they broke up, and I really rather not meddle. I do know that Rian does have a new girlfriend, and they’ve been dating for like an year, but I have yet to meet Cassadee. She’s the lead singer of Hey Monday? Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s the band. I really don’t keep up with it too much nowadays. I listen to a slightly different type of music now. It’s all because of my new boyfriend too.
“I’m so sorry I’m late. What did I miss?” Kendra asked, sliding into the booth.
“Nothing too much, we were just catching up,” Kara shrugged. “Carson has a new boyfriend,”
“Finally!” Kendra laughed. “What took so long?” I gave her a dry stare. “Ohh, right,”
“Way to go Kendra,” Kara rolled her eyes with a laugh.
I basically zoned out the rest of the day. I didn’t do anything around the store expect run the check-out, and when people weren’t in there, I was listening to music. I didn’t want to be bothered, which is normal, but I was extra uptight today. After my coffee ran out, I had another employee get me another cup. I slurped it down as slow as I could so I could just sit there longer. This is why I don’t like working. All I do is sit around all day. I could do that at home, but I’d be a whole hell of a lot more comfortable. As soon as I got the chance, I bolted from the building. I just wanted to get home. I wanted to spend time with my new boyfriend. I wanted to rest up after last night, but this day has just been going by so damn slow.
Seconds after I cranked my car, I turned on the heat. It was freezing in this thing. Then again, it was December and I do live in Maryland. I picked up my phone to check it. Just a few missed calls from people I could care less about, and a text or two. Nothing too important, if you ask me. If Landon called, however that would be different. I technically I have to answer her calls whether I’m in the mood to or not. I just have to, because she’s my boss. I hate even admitting that to myself. I just want nothing to do with jobs. I rolled my eyes, and stopped thinking about that frigging word. I have to get over myself. I have to get over the fact that yes, I do have a job. It’s a whole lot better than being a lawyer, that’s for sure. At least I don’t have to dress a certain way, and I don’t have to sit in an office and work with stubborn clients. I get to design clothes instead. So I settle for that.
I parked my car outside of my house, and walked into the two-story home. My boyfriend was sitting on my couch with a remote in his hand. He was flipping channels, and couldn’t see to find anything. He was decked out in sweat pants and no shirt on, showing off all of his tattoos, and toned body. I smiled at the scene before walking over toward him. I tossed my purse in an empty chair and I sat down beside him. His arm instantly wrapped around me, and I snuggled into his body. He was warm, which made me laugh considering I’m freezing.
“How was work?” He asked me. He took his eyes off of the TV and put them on me.
“Horribly slow,” I huffed. “I’m really getting sick of staying there all day long. Why can’t Landon just let someone else run it?”
“I don’t really know,” He shrugged, looking at me.
“Babe, you’re not wearing eyeliner!” I laughed, poking my finger right to the side of his eye where his teardrop tattoo was.
The man rolled his eyes at me.
“No, I’m not. I just got out of the shower thirty minutes ago,”
I smirked.
“Good, you were starting to stink,”
“Whatever,” He rolled his eyes. “I smelt like puke,”
“I said I was sorry,” I blushed.
“It’s okay, Kid. You’re young, and you were having some fun. Just don’t let it get that out of control again, okay? I worry about you,”
“I’m not going to get into anything bad,” I laughed.
“That’s what I said,” He sighed. “Go change into some sweats so we can be lazy together,”
I laughed and kissed his cheek.
“Okay, I’ll be right back,”
“I don’t think I’m going anywhere,” He called back playfully.
I made my way into my room, and I started to peel my clothes off one item at a time. I saved my leather skinny jeans for last. The Good Lord knows that they’re a bitch to get off. Before I could even start to remove them, my phone started to ring. I looked at it and noticed that it was Landon. I didn’t want to answer it right at this moment, but I did feel bad about not answering earlier.
“Hey, Lan,”
“Hey! Carson, listen, we’re having some real trouble with the tour and traveling with the clothes,”
“What do you mean?” I asked her, finally removing my pants from my legs.
“I mean that I need some back up here on tour,”
“I guess I could send an employee. I have to warn you though, some of them just don’t follow directions,”
Landon laughed.
“No, Cars, I need you to come out and help me,”
“Well when’s the next date so I can plan for my round trip?” I asked, pulling up my sweat pants. “Hang on,” I stated when she started to say something. I slipped on a comfortable shirt and brought the phone back to my ear. “You were saying?”
“Carson, I really need you to come out on tour. I need you to stay with me for the remainder of this tour. Cassadee’s flying out in a few days and we’re going to start working on a collab line with her. I need your help with this. It’s hard to juggle everything. I just need some help. Please say that you’ll help me?”
I huffed.
“Can I bring someone with me? They won’t take up too much room,”
I heared some mumbling on the other end of the line.
“Sure. Just get here in two days, okay?”
“Okay. I’ll see you later,”
“Bye,” Landon called before hanging up.
I slipped my phone into my sweat pants pocket and I walked back out to the living room.
“Get packed, babe,”
“Why?” He looked confused.
“We’re going on a tour,” I smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter! More stuff to come soon, I promise.

Please leave me love. <3

♥ RW