Status: Hope you enjoy comments and views are much appriciated

Alexandria Genesis

Chapter 1

"John, it's a girl."

"How are her eyes?"

"Dark gray,"

"You think she'll have a chance?"

"Not at all, but I'll love her either way."

"The name, please."

Pause. "Lovina."

***

"They're darkening Mary."

"John I know, she's seven months, and it’s about time."

"Mary you speak of this as if it's normal. Our only daughter will be an outcast, they won't accept her."

"But we do."

"Is it enough?"

"It'll have to be."

***
"John I absolutely thought that your blonde locks would mask Mary's dark unwanted hair, but it seems like your daughter got her hair anyways. And her eyes, so strange, just like her mother's."

"Mom can you please keep your snide comments to yourself." "One can only try when asked to do the impossible."

Lovina Sherry was the only daughter of Mary and John Sherry. Just like her mother she had the Alexandria Genesis gene. Her parents tried everything to protect her, but once a butterfly gets its wings it never wants to stop flying.

***

I rushed down the stairs, holding on to my dress so my feet wouldn't entangle with the fabric. "Mamma! Mamma!" I got to the end of the never ending steps. My mamma was waiting for me. "Please Lovina, calm your voice, I am right here." I was breathing heavily. "Mamma, Lollie invited me to her ball. Mamma please may I go?"

She sighed, "Little Lovi," "Mamma I am not little anymore, I am of fifteen years." She chuckled. "Lovi, I will think about this and I'll see what your father thinks. But for now Miss Alverta is waiting for you out in the garden. You mustn’t keep her waiting." My mamma turned and walked away.

I walked out to the garden. "Lovina please hurry dear, we are on a strict schedule here." "What do you mean a strict schedule?" I asked once I reached her. "Nothing dear, just open up your text book so we may begin." I rolled my eyes but opened my textbook anyways.

When my teachings were finally over, mamma came and rushed me to my room. Mae my dressing girl was waiting for me. "Mamma what is this all about?" "Just let Mae get you ready and you'll see." I smiled, I love surprises.

Mae sat me down. She unpinned my hair and brushed it out. "Mae do you know what's going on?" "Not that I can say."

An hour or so may have passed when Mae finished tightening my corset, though little tightening needed to even be done. She put on one of my best dresses and then applied rouge and some lipstick. "Oh my, Lovi you look darling." "Thank you Mae." "Now close your eyes." I closed my eyes tightly.

We slowly walked down the steps. It was silent. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVINA!" I opened my eyes and a whole crowd of people stood at the foot of the steps. I found mamma and papa standing side by side at the end of the railing. "But it's not my birthday until tomorrow." "Yes we know, but your father has business out in the city and he didn't want to miss the party."

I rushed over to them and embraced them. "Thank you." My papa kissed my forehead. "So your mother tells me that Lollie has invited you to her ball, and as another birthday present, you may go, but I want to be the one to escort you there tonight." I smiled and so did papa. "Oh thank you mamma and papa!"

Thoughts of the ball soon filled my head. I tried to focus on the guests who were talking to me but I was too excited to concentrate. I was only pulled out of my head when grandmother Verla came to talk to me. She was my papa's mother.

"Lovina how pretty you look tonight." "Hello grandmother." "How are you doing? I expect your teachings are going good. "Yes they are and I am well." "That's exceptional to hear. Lovina have your parents arranged any marriage plans yet?" "Oh no, I am still young. I have plenty of time for that." "Oh young and foolish Lovina. Marry early while that pretty face of yours is still pretty." With that she walked away.

Mamma came over to me. "Just ignore Verla. That's what I usually do, or what everyone else does." She began to laugh and I chuckled. Mamma always knew what to say to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story..comments;continuue yes or no; do you like? Thanks for reading!