To Write an E-Mail

Chapter Twenty-One: Is It Really OVer?

I blinked my eyes, he left. Told me to leave, and he didn’t even seem to care. I slept at Matt’s house. Why was that so bad. I had feelings for him, but they were barley noticeable unless provoked, and Matt knew, he knew I loved Joey. But Joey didn’t care. He just wanted to be a jerk. A jealous jerk. I know I shouldn’t have said I was hurting because of him. That was a jerk-esk move of me. BUt, It’s true for gods sake! Can’t he just be happy with me.!

I sighed, leaning into Matt. He wrapped his strong, strangely warm arms around my waist, and held me close to him. I knew it was wrong. I knew I shouldn’t have been doing it but I couldn’t help myself. Matt was my rock. And that’s how it’s going to stay.

“Can we go,” I asked a after a few silent minutes. Matt nodded, releasing me out of his warm grasp. For extra support, I grabbed his hand as he led me out of the hospital

<3 * <3 * <3 *

We didn’t go straight to Matt’s house. First we stopped at a small local lake by his house, It wasn’t Joey and myself lake. It was just a regular old lake. There were a few peole there too. Although they were stoners, and school skippers it was still a nice lake.
We sat on the loading dock, where the boats would come into when fis shing or something, and I laid m y head on his lap, as we watched a flock of geese swim about on the surface of the water.

About a half an hour into our little… sitting… Matt was tracing my back lightly with his fingers, sending chills up my spine. It made me tired actually. Slowly, my eyes bagan to shut, slowly my worries faded away.

But they were quickly disturbed again, when right before I fell into a deep, relaxing sleep, I heard the three words I couldn’t bare at that moment, “I love you,”

I shot straight up, he did NOT just say that. No. Ugh, stupid boy. No go back feelings. Back into my head, “What?” I almost shouted, staring at him, a distressed look dancing across my face.

“I um thought you were um sleeping,” He stammered, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

I sighed, ‘Dont admit it, cause’ you dont,’ I thought to myself, standing up and walling away. “Next time you want to confess your love to me, make sure you want me to hear it.”

I continued walking away, waiting for Matt to follow me. I knew he would. And I was right, within seconds I could her the patter of his feet following me as I walked. “Wait,” HE called out, grabbing my arm, and turning me around.

“Yeah?” I asked, Looking into his eyes. I could see my reflection in his eyes. I looked a wreck. My makeup was smudging, and my hair was now in a messy bun. I chuckled, whipping under my eyes.

“I love you,” He said, very calmly.

“No, you just think you do.”

“No Emma Foy, I love you. Your hair your eyes. The way you can go out and not care what people think of you. You’re you. You’re strong, and you know it. You’ve been through so much, and you dont need to. Joey broke up with you, not once, but twice! Twice Emma, you do not deserve that. You deserve better. Now, I know he’s my best friend, but Emma, I love you,” By the time he was finished talking I had a tear in my eye.

I hesitated for a moment. Thinking over all the things he’s said to me. Twice. It was twice wasn’t it. Twice he broke my heart, and he had no remorse. He left me. And… and… it’s really over. “Kiss me,” I whispered, walking closer to him.

He hesitated for a moment, but then, smashed his lips onto mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and kissed him deeply. He kissed me back, happily, and soon were in a full fledged make out session.

Minutes, later, and out of breath, Matt and I were walking happily two his car. Our hands entwined tightly. And guess what. It felt great.

<3 <3
Sorryyyy it is so short, and sooo bad, and took forever. I literaly wrote this chapter a million times! Well… not a million but you knowl. First, she was angery at Joey. Then she was mad at Matt for ‘breaking them up’ nd then I had Emma cut herself. It wasnt very her, so I changed it. Ugh, I wrote it a few other times but finally decided on this one.HOPE it’s not that bad.

OH, and this is the last chapter.(: Thre WILLL be a sequal! :DDDD