Status: One-Shot

His Lovely Wedding

His Lovely Wedding

Mrs. Kris Petofi- Henderson

&

Mr. Bruce Henderson

Would like to cordially invite you to their eldest daughters, Jeanine Henderson wedding to Sir Alexander Harrison.

On August 18th 2011 at the Harrison garden at 3 p.m.

~Men are required to wear tux and ladies are required to wear dress and heels. At the request of Ms. Jeanine Henderson please refrain from using lavender or white.

P.S. Invitation needed to enter!


Loud female chatter mixed with chaos is all that is heard as everyone rushed to get ready. A female chatter mixed with nervousness and excitement for today’s event. I stared at the scene before me as half naked girls ran all around in their underwear trying to get the other to zip up their dresses, or pin up a loose curl. A brunette with her hair pilled up on the top of her head and only one little curl on the side coming down ran forward.

“Help the dress wont zip!” She whined while laughing.

“Ugh! This damn curl!” cursed another. A blonde still in her underwear trying to figure out how to fix a singular blonde strand that would not stay pinned up.

She laughed. A pretty laugh I had to admit.

“Laura! Come here I’ll help you.” she said. The brunette gave a few shuffles backwards while holding together the back of her lavender bridesmaid dress. She zipped her up and tapped her gently on the shoulder.

“Your done.” she said. She then twirled around in her bathrobe and faced the mirror. She made sure her action did not damage the lovely bun on her head. Her blonde hair was swept up in such a beautiful manner I couldn’t help feeling a little green monster making its way to my dead heart.

That should have been me after all.’

“Got it!” cheered the blonde who had successfully pinned up the curl she had damned a few seconds prior.

“Sherry! You’re my maid of honor and you’re the only one in your underwear!” she cried jokingly. Sherry stared at her figure in the full body length mirror she was only in a matching set of lacey lavender bra and panties.

“Well so are you sis!” cried Sherry, the maid of honor.

“-And you’re the star of the show. It is your wedding after all Jeanine.” said the younger sister to her carbon copy. Sherry picked up the hook which held her lavender dress similar to the rest of the court but slightly different on the top. Instead of the shoulder straps she had solely one strap with a lavender flower to decorate it.

“Its my wedding….. I’m getting married. Jeanine Henderson is marrying Alexander Harrison today!.” she said to her reflection in the vanity mirror. Her court cheered at the end of her rant. Her mother hugged her and her friends laughed and cheered for today was the big day, today I’d get to witness the love of my life marrying another.

I sniffled a little and swallowed the lump I felt rise in my throat. Oh how I envied her! That would have been me getting ready to step into my gorgeous ball gown wedding dress, with my mother gushing at how lovely I looked and my family and friend all fawning over me and praising me on one of the most important day of my life.

My thoughts brought me back to my mother. My mother my poor broken hearted mother. I closed my eyes and opened them and there I stood in a room only lighted by a roaring fire.

There she sat, my mother, in her comfortable grandma chair. Oh how I hated that chair!…but now I’d give anything to be able to sit in it just one more time. To let my bottom sink to the floor, let its tatter wool make my skin itch, and its old people smell rape my nostrils. I’d give anything to be able to return to the way things once were.

There she sat sobbing uncontrollably as her delicate hand slide across the metal frame that held my picture of when I was 15 years old and Alexander had me wrapped around his arms we both smiled brilliantly at the camera love radiating from our eyes.

How happy I had been at the moment! I swore he and I would last forever, but forever came to an end to soon.

My glowing hand gripped the soft tatter wool of her seat my heart went out to her. Although four years have gone by she did not allow herself to forget and sobbed as though I had passed yesterday. I longed to lay my hand on her head and whisper to her that I am okay and will always be in her heart but today isn’t a day for tears. Today is a day for celebration, today is his lovely wedding to Jeanine Henderson.

I closed my eyes a pictured Jeanine and her happy family and then laugher filled my ears. I opened my eyes and I was back. Back to witness the event that will fill me with mixed feelings of joy and sadness, a little envy, but overall a bitter sweet feeling of loosing the love of my life to another but watching him finally becoming a happy man. It hurt to know Alex was no longer mine but as long as he was happy that’s all I cared about, even if it wasn’t I who could make him that happy.

“Mom I need your help.” Jeanine said walking out of the bathroom holding up the front of her beautiful wedding dress. Kris helped lace up her daughters corset and adjust a minor detail here and there.

Jeanine took a deep breath and smiled once Kris finished with her corset. All her bridesmaids chanted for her to give a little twirl and she did.

A small sob escaped my lips she looked absolutely perfect in her wedding dress. She’d make him a happy man.

“I just need my veil.“ She said. Her mother twist and turned then frowned when she could not find the veil.

“Uh I could have sworn I saw it just a minute ago.” Said Sherry, Jeanine’s little sister.

My eyes slowly roamed the room I knew so well until my gaze landed on the blasted veil. Lace, white, with little crystals at the end attached to the top a gorgeous tiara medium size covered with cubic zirconium diamonds in the shape of a heart right in the middle of it. I couldn’t help but stare longingly at it.

The famous Harrison veil all the women in his family have used it. It was a tradition.

That was suppose to be my veil.’

I stood there and watched. Watched as her face turned from happiness to slight panic and I enjoyed it.

‘It should have been me there! Its not fair! Life took that away from me.’

But I came to my sense ruining his day would not bring me back. Destroying his happiness is the opposite of what I came here for. So I took a deep breath and faced the couch in which Sherry had so carelessly thrown her shoe bag on top of the veil hiding it from everyone’s view. I picked up my palm to my mouth and blew air at the bag. The bag flew off the veil and I smiled slowly.

“Oh there it is!” cried Sherry after turning around and spotting the veil on the couch. Sherry ran over and picked up the veil and plucked a few particles from the legendary veil.

Sherry handed the veil over to Kris who in turn laid it carefully on the counter. She turned to face her daughter whom was now relieved that the veil had been found.

“Jeanie you look absolutely stunning.” Her mother gushed.

“Mom.” whined Jeanie with a small smile.

“No you do honey and I’m so proud to see my little girl already a grown women and it makes me so happy to see you dressed in this beautiful gown ready to take this huge step in your life.” her mother said chocking.

“Oh mom.” Jeanine said touched.

“I propose a toast. In the name of Jeanine’s happiness and in the name of her wonderful future by Alex’s side.” Kris said raising her champagne glass.

“To Jeanine.” everyone cheered.

I smiled this moment reminded me of when Justin Alex’s best man and Vera, his younger sister celebrated Alex and I’s engagement.

I raised my glass in the air.

‘A toast to coming out of the hellhole alive!” I yelled and everyone cheered.

Alex popped the bottle and the cork flew through the air I squealed and Justin and Vera ducked. The champagne fizzled down the neck of the bottle and we all cheered again.

“To our sophomore year of college!” Vera toasted.

“What bitch it was.” Justin said laughing.

“Well now its behind us and that’s all that matters.” Alexi said pouring the champagne in out cups he gave me a small light kiss after filling my cup.

We all celebrated the ending of our second year in med school after a while Justin and Vera left and Alex walked me home . My hand in his occasionally he’d smile at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

I lived not to far from where we celebrated being liberated from our prison; therefore, we walked along side of the highway while cars passed us by. Alex gave me another one of those mysterious smiles of his.

“Okay what!” I cried.

“What?” he asked grinning.

“Your smile. Its that of a little boy and I know you Alex that smile means you have something up your sleeve so you better tell me now.”

“Jennifer baby there’s nothing going on.”

“Ohhhh no. When you say that that means there’s something going on. SO spill.” he laughed.

“You know me so well.” he said.

“Alexander Harrison you and I have known each other since 5th grade. Have been best friends since 6th grade and we’ve been dating since 8th. I think I know you by now.” he grinned.

“Do you know we are now twenty years old and have been dating since our teens.” I smiled.

“Mmm hmm fourteen to be exact.” I stated.

“Do you know even after all these years-” I cut him off.

“Six to be exact.” I intervened. He chuckled.

“Yes six and I’m still completely and madly in love with you.” I grinned from ear to ear.

“I’m still completely and madly in love with you too.” I said. He leaned down and I met him half way. Alexander gave me the most passionate kiss he could muster.

“There’s no doubt in my mind.” he whispered.

“About what baby?” I asked.

“Look behind you.” I turned my head. A few steps behind us Vera and Justin stood holding balloons and a huge poster. ‘SAY YES!’ it read.

‘Say yes to what.? I thought.

I turned my head to face Alexander but he was not by my side. Instead the love of my life was on one knee and held open a box, a box that contained the prettiest diamond I’ve ever had the pleasure to lay my eyes on.

“Jennifer Sanchez will you marry me?” my mouth slacked opened and I stared at him in wonder. Marry? He wants to marry me?

“What do you say?” He asked after a while.

A few cars passing by honked and the passengers screamed ’Say yes’.

“Yes! Yes!” I screamed and his face broke out to a smile. I had really scared him he thought for a moment I’d say no. Alexander got back and I jumped into his arms we kissed while Vera and Justin screamed behind us.

The day was set and a year from now I was to be the bride of Sir Alexander Harrison. Everything was set. Everything was perfect. My future awaited me.

That is until the headaches became more frequent, as did the nose bleeds, and the fainting. My mother and Alexander forced me to visit the doctors against my will I always hated going to the doctors, ironically I wanted to become one. After a few exams I laid on the bed while Alex blew up a glove. I slapped it out and he whined we both laughed.

“You two act worse than children.” My mother scolded.

The doctor walked in with a somber expression and pressed his lips into a thin line.

“So what’s up doc? What do I have? Cold? Flu? What?” I asked the doctor with a smile on my face.

“I wish it were just a cold Ms. Sanchez.” he said the air in the room thicken and all ears perked up.

‘What is it doctor.” My mother asked.

“Ms. Sanchez you have a rare amoeba, ’the brain-eating amoeba’. Officially known as Naegleria fowleri. It’s a rare amoeba that has been plaguing the United States. It thrives in freshwater ponds, river-”

“Lakes?” I crocked.

“Yes Ms. Sanchez have you gone swimming lately?” he asked.

“The lake by the cabin.” I whispered looking at Alexander.
“Fuck!” he cursed slamming his palm on the wall making the doctor jump slightly.

“Yes doctor. She went two weeks ago with her friends is there something that can be done?” my mother said in one big breath.

“This amoeba enters through the nasal passages and effects the olfactory nerves eventually invading the brain.” The doctor explained.

“I’m sorry Ms. Sanchez the amoeba has already affected a great part of your brain and since its still so new to us there is no cure.” The doctor continue explaining but I just stared at him in horror. Alex and my mother bombarded the doctor with questions something had to be done to get me out healthy and more importantly alive.

But the doctor confirmed their worse fear . The strange amoeba that has invaded my body affected a great percentage of my brain and there was nothing to be done. I had three months to live. After my mother bawled her eyes out and Alex let a few quite tears slip down his cheek I continue to stare blankly at the wall. I had three months. Three months to live the last of me, I couldn’t have a child in three months, I couldn’t finish medical school that I had worked so hard to get into, and most importantly I wouldn’t be able to get marry and grow old with Alexander.

“We will get marry now. You can be Mrs. Harrison until..” until the end. The three words he couldn’t bring himself to say.

I rejected his idea and I gave him back his ring I wouldn’t allow him to tie himself to me just because I was dying. I broke the news to Justin, Vera, and Mr. and Mrs. Harrison everyone cried. All four held me as the sobbed uncontrollably on my shoulder I consoled them.

A month went by I dropped out of school and spent all my time with my mother, friends, and the love of my life. I could never forget how alive they made me feel, all the things I experienced those three months. Three months that I knew would come to an end pretty soon but yet I could not cry. Sometime in the middle of the second month I realized I had only a five weeks left in the middle of washing my dark brown locks I realized in a few weeks I’d be gone and forgotten. I couldn’t handle the thought of being forgotten and I finally cried. I broke down and sobbed while bringing my knees to my chest and wrapping my arms around my knees. I hugged my naked body while the water pounded down my back.

Alex walked in and he wrapped a towel over my naked body and pulled me out the shower.

“Jenny-” I cut him off.

“I’m going to die Alex, in a few weeks I wont have you anymore, my mom, my friends, Vera. I’ll never be a doctor, I’ll never become a mom. I’ll be dead! Alex I’m going to be gone forever. I cant die. Alex I don’t want to die. I don’t want to die.” I said sobbing on his chest he wrapped his arms around me and sobbed with me. He promised he’d go with me but I made him swear not to do anything stupid when I was gone. He and I spent the best moments of our relationship during those weeks.

My last two weeks I was two weak to walk and I refused to let Alex carry me everywhere even till the end I was an independent woman. Alex convinced me to go to the hospital that day and I complied to at least give him some false hope that in the hospital magically a doctor would rush in with a cure and I would be saved. Deep down I think I hoped for that too.

I said my goodbyes and told my mother I’d always be with her.

“Don’t leave me.” he cried. I had enough strength to wipe a tear that had cascaded down his beautiful face.

“I never will. I’ll always be here.” I said placing my hand over his heart. He took my hand in his.

“I’ll always watch over you.” I said.

“I’ll never fall in love again.” He swore and I laughed.

“Its ok if you do I wont hold it against you just promise me you’ll never love someone as much as you loved me.” I crocked. I knew it was selfish of me to ask that from him. I’d leave and he had to stay for however long he had without love all because I was too selfish to allow him to share what he had with me with someone else and to forget all about me. I couldn’t handle the thought of that I needed something of his to take. Something that will hold us together forever and never let him forget me, his heart.

“I promise . When you die you’ll take me with you.” he said. I ran my fingers through his raven black hair and down russet tan color cheek and then I died. My last breath was spent stroking his smooth cheek when I reached his chin my hand dropped on my cot and my heart monitor confirmed his worse nightmare.


I blinked coming back to. It was now time and I wanted to see him one last time. Just one last time before he became hers.

I walked out of her room and down the hall. The next room accommodated men dressed in tux still adjusting their ties or trying to find the jacket to their tux.

I saw him. He stood there like a prince straight out a novel adjusting his tie.

“Today’s the big day man nervous?” Justin asked.

“Eh just a little.” he confessed.

“Jeanine is a great girl Alex.” Alex shrugged.

“Yeah I know that’s why I’m marrying her I really do lover her.” he said. That one stung.

“I’m glad to know your in love again.” Justin said shrugging into his tux jacket.

“No you didn’t hear me correctly. I said I loved her not that I’m in love with her.” Justin furrowed his eyebrows.

“Alex-” he began but Alexander cut him off.

“Justin…. I love her okay. She’s a great girl and I know she’ll be an amazing mother to my children but I cant fall in love with her. Its been four years and I still cant get Jennifer out of my heart. I was in love with her and I’m still in love with her and no other woman in this planet will be able to take her out of my heart. When she died she took my heart with her.” Alex said then turned to face the mirror again to finish off his tie.

“You and Vera need to stop this. She’s dead Alex its been four years and you and Vera don’t let her rest in peace.”

“Yeah well Vera and I actually loved her.”

“I loved her too!” yelled Justin causing a scene. All the men in the room turned and stared at the groom and his best man argue a few seconds before the wedding. Justin ran his fingers through his hair.

“Guys can you give us a minute?” Justin asked the men in the room. They all agreed to leave the groom and his best man alone for a while. I walked further into the room before Justin could close the door on my plasma.

“That’s not fair Alexander. I loved her to she was one of my best friends-”

“Obviously not enough! Her body hadn’t even turned cold in her grave and you were already thinking of hooking me up with an other woman!” Alexander yelled.

“Goddamnit Alexander! I was only doing what she asked me to!” Justin yelled back.
“What?” Alex asked.

“Remember how she asked to see each and everyone of us alone before… before she died.” Justin said and Alex nodded his head.

“She asked me to keep you going. To keep you, Vera, and her mother going. To never let you forget her but not to let you stop your life because of her. I promised her I’m going to do just that and you and your sister are not getting in the way of my promise.” he seethed.

I stared at the two its been four years and they were barely holding on.

“Alex she was like my little sister do you honestly think I don’t miss her? I’m angry to! Its not fair we all swam in that lake neither one of us contracted that damn amoeba but her! Do you think I’m not angry that she died like that? She didn’t even see it coming Alex. Its not fair your right Jennifer didn’t deserve this but it happened and I’m going to do what she told me to do. Keep living my life without her but not forget her.”

Alex ran his hands roughly up and down his face and sighted exasperated. He sat down and looked up at Justin.

“I miss her.” he said simply.

“Want to know what I miss about her most?” Justin said.

“What?”

“I miss her jokes. Do you remember how we use to be? She and I we were the dynamic duo. The masters of pranking.” Alex laughed.

“You two were a bunch of-”

“Hey! don’t be mad because you were the bud of our jokes most of the time.” They laughed together.

I smiled this is how I wanted it to be for them to remember me but not to stop their lives and mourn for me. I walked out the room I’d wait for Justin to finish with Alex so I could get him alone and I made my way downstairs to the basement. The basement furnished like an apartment its where Alex and I spent allot of cold winter nights by the fire talking about our future. I watched and stared at Vera as she repeated the same action of my mother. There she stood in her gorgeous red silk dress sobbing as she held our prom picture to her chest. I shimmed over to her.

I sat down on the arm of the couch Vera immediately stop sobbing.
“Who’s there?” she croaked. I smiled she could feel me! She and I were still connected enough that she could feel me.

Don’t be afraid.’ I whispered in her ear. She shivered slightly and her body tensed. After all it seemed as thought the wind just spoke to her she had every right to be afraid.

‘I told you I’d find a way to still speak to you.’ I whispered again. Her red puff eyes widen. She remembered what I told her when we were alone in my hospital room four years ago.

“Jennifer?” She asked.

Yes.’ She gasped.

Please don’t be afraid Vera I wont hurt you I just want to tell you that I love you too and I miss you.’ She visibly relaxed.

“I miss you too Jen so much. Why did you have to leave. This could have been your wedding and I could have been your maid of honor.”

I’m sorry Vera I didn’t want to leave either.’

“Its not fair Jennifer I freaking miss you.” she said chuckling. I laughed as well.

I miss you too. Vera don’t make this harder for him.” I said she smiled.

“I don’t like her, Jen. I only have one sister-in-law and she’s you.” I smiled. My best friend still so loyal.

I love you very much. Thank you for still being so loyal to me even after all this years.’

“I will always be loyal to you silly.” she said. I smiled at Vera only she would be so calm to have the spirit of her dead best friend speaking to her in a lonely room and not be freaked out. This is why she and I were always the best of friends. Vera was always a weird child and I loved it.

But really Vera please don’t make this harder on him. Its ok. I’m happy where I’m at . I’m happy he’s getting married again. I want Alex to be happy but I know he cant be unless your happy with him. Please accept Jeanine if not for him then do it in my memory.’ I whispered.

“Okay Jenny. Just for you.” I leaned over and waved my hand over her wrist .
Her charmed bracelet I had lost so long ago on prom night appeared on her wrist she gasped.

“Jennifer my bracelet!” she gasped.

‘Remember what I told you that day.’ I said.

“You told me if I ever found this bracelet it meant you were really gone.” she said stroking her long lost silver charmed bracelet.

I love you Vera. I’ll always be with you.’ I said hugging her.

Vera gasped at the feeling of my plasma arms wrapped around her she touched her thin shoulders in an attempt to hug me back. I gave her a quick peck on the cheek and her hand shot up immediately to her cheek.

‘Goodbye.’ I said and walked out the basement.

“Goodbye Jennifer.” Vera said smiling while stroking her silver charm bracelet.

I made my way back to Alexander’s room just in time to watch Justin leave the room. I walked into the room to see Alexander brush his dark black locks. He dabbed a little cologne over his russet skin and stared at his reflection pleased with what he saw.

I stood behind me and snapped my fingers in an instant I had a one shoulder white dress that ended mid thigh, my brown locks came down in waves, I had a shimmery powder on my eyes and thick black mascara along with a ruby red rogue to coat my lips. On my feet a simple pair of silver heels with a diamond strap coming from my ankle till my toes. Once I approved of my image I concentrated on becoming solid. I felt how slowly my plasma became rock hard.

I stared at his back longingly how I wish to be able to kiss him just one more time. Alexander continue to fix his tie and then he slowly looked up.

“I’m seeing things.” he whispered I smiled and shook my head.

“No your not Alex. I’m really here.” I said.

“Jennifer?” he asked.

“In the flesh …so to speak.” I said smiling. He slowly turned around.

“This cant be. How?” he asked.

“I came to see you Alex one last time.”

He walked over to me slowly and when he stood in front of me his eyes watered and he croaked.

“Jenny.” I took his face in my hands and pressed my lips against his. I thought he’d hesitate or he wouldn’t want me because of Jeanine. Although I hate to admit it I was glad he didn’t he gripped my hips and kissed me right back. I could only feel a sliver of his lips but something was something.

“Jennifer.” he groaned.

“Alex how I missed you.”

‘How could this be?” he asked confused.

“They allowed it babe.”

“How?” he asked.

“Why now? Why not when I asked to see you the day they buried you?”

“Because I had just died if you had seen me there the process would have been harder.”

“The process is still hard, Jennifer.” Alex cried.

“I know Alex.” I said.

“I miss you ever day of my life they didn’t just take my fiancée they took my best friend as well.”

“I know Alex. I’ve missed you soo much but its ok. I’m here now…I’m here to watch you get married.”

“Jennifer… I met Jeanine a year ago.. I-” I cut him off.

“Its alright Alex I know. Who you think sent her that way that night on the pier?”

“You did?” he asked incredulously.

“She’s a good girl Alex. I made sure to research here a bit before sending her your way. You made a pretty good impression on her that day at the hospital and she couldn’t stop thinking about you since.”

“So two years later that night you were crying on the pier for me I might have slightly encouraged her to go to the pier and there you two met.” Jennifer said smiling.

“So I have you to blame for my wedding today.” he said smiling,

“Blame? Or thank?”

“A little bit of both I suppose.” he said with that heart melting grin.

“She’s a good girl Alex. I’m truly happy for you.” I said trying to really mean what I said. Alex just stared at me while stroking my brown locks.

“I rather it be you.” he said simply and I smile.

“I rather it’d be me too.” I said smiling.

“I love you Jennifer always and forever.”

‘I love you too Alexander always and forever.” I said kissing his cheek and hugging him.

He held onto me tightly refusing to let me go yet again, but I had to go. “Where ever your at I’ll always be there. Whenever you think your alone your not. I’m with you my love, every single moment of your life watching over you and your family. Your not alone.” I whispered in his ear. A fat tear plopped down onto his shirt.

“Goodbye, mi amor.”

‘Goodbye, my love.” he said. As I slowly faded out of his embrace. Alexander sat down on his bed and cried hard he always knew she lingered around he felt her, he sensed her, her scent would suddenly fill his nostril from time to time, he thought he was going mad, but now she would leave and this time for real. She’d always be with him but not close enough. Alex shook his head why was life so cruel?

Justin looked back and forth he and Vera would be the first couple to march down the isle. He was anxious to get this over with. He paced back and forth on the beginning of the isle.

‘Nervous?’

Justin stopped dead in his tracks. What the hell was that?

‘Why? You look stunning in that tux.’
Justin snapped his head back and forth. Vera came up to him.

“You hear her don’t you?” she asked. Justin gave her a confused look.

“Jennifer.” She pressed on. Justin gave her a look and softly caressed her face.

“Vera honey-” he started.

“Look.” she said pushing her bracelet to his face. Justin paled he knew what it meant but shook his head he’s a realist.

Don’t give her that honey carp Justin, its me. I’m really here…In the flesh so to speak.’

I concentrated and slowly felt my plasma becoming rock hard.

“Told you guys I would come back.” I said as Vera grinned widely at me and Justin stared at me dumbfounded.

“Jenny?” he asked.

“I told you I’d come back…I just want to see the wedding Justin. I want to see him marry her. I want to see him be happy.” I said in one big breath.

“Jen.” Justin said smiling and throwing his arms around me we hugged each other tightly. After him Vera took this opportunity to truly hug me.

“I missed you guys so much don’t ever think I don’t love you guys I love you and remember you all every day of my eternity. Please don’t mourn me anymore but don’t forget me.” I said to the two they hugged me once again and the music began.

Show time.” I became a ghost again.

“What do you say Justin? Wanna revive those old days bring back the dynamic duo? Lets makes jokes all around this bitch.’ I said.

Justin chuckled.

“Your on.” he whispered.

He and Vera made their way down the isle followed by Sherry and her partner.

I made jokes all throughout the ceremony but stopped when Jeanine grilled Justin for making that noise you make when you try not to laugh,

I began to float above everyone and watched the wedding from above. When the “I do’s” came Alexander looked up at me and I winked at him which looked more like a diamond blinking in the light he smiled lightly and faced a nervous Jeanine.

“I do.” he said and the applause began.

A tear slowly slipped down my cheek I caught it in my palm before it hit one of the guest another tear followed. The two tears hardened and became diamond earrings. I closed my hands over the two precious jewels my tears had become and I took a deep breath.

In the middle of the reception I came up behind Justin and Vera. I told my two best friend how much I loved them and gave them a kiss on the cheek with a promise that they wouldn’t forget me and they would tell my mother how much I loved her and a promise from me to always watch over them I gave them my final goodbye.

After the reception was over Alex leaned casually against a wall full of leaves.

“Times like this I wish I was alive I’d grab onto you and never let you go.” I said startling Alexander he jumped and looked at me.

“Jennifer?” he said not knowing wither to smile or stay in shock.

“I came to say goodbye Alex, but before I leave I just wanted to see you one more time…and give you these.” I said dropping the earrings into his palm.

“Are these diamonds?” he asked.

“Yeah. I want you to give them to her tell her its what I would have wanted as a thank you for making you happy.” I said.

Alex stared directly at me he and I gazed at each other intensely so much love and confusion, lots of things left unsaid and they would remain unsaid till he came and joined me.

“Have a good life Alex and don’t forget I’ll always be by your side.” I said.

“Rest in peace Jennifer.” I smiled.

“I will.”

“I love you.” he said.

“I love you too.” I smiled and became transparent again I leaned over and kissed him softly on his lips one more time, one last time.

After we pulled away Jeanine came out dressed in a beautiful summer yellow dress.

“Ready?” she smiled.

“Ready.” he smiled back.

“Lets go.” she said.

“Wait Jeanine…..I have something to give you.”

She looked at him in confusion. Alexander gave her the earrings.

She gasped. “These are beautiful! Where did you get these?”

Alex hesitated. “Don’t take this the wrong way but before Jennifer died she bought those and asked me to give it to the girl who would make me believe in love again after her passing. I told her I never would but she promised me I would…and she was right. You made me believe in love again and I want to give it to you.” He stretched the truth a little bit but he got the main idea out.

Jeanine remained speechless for a moment then broke out into a huge smile she kissed Alex and thanked him.

“And thank you too Jennifer.. I promise to take care of him and make him a happy man.” she said smiling.

I took a deep breathe I had to go my mission was over I finally saw his happing ending as much as it still troubled me to accept it this wasn’t my time anymore and I had to go.

Take care of him.’ I whispered in her ear.

Jeanine’s eyes widen and she shivered. Alex stared at her with a knowing smile and instead of running out screaming she intertwined their fingers and smiled at him.

“I will.” she said and the too headed off to his car that would take them to their honeymoon.

I took a deep breath and stared up at the sky time to go. He was happy and I had no reason to stay I had just witness what I came to see, his lovely wedding.
♠ ♠ ♠
One shot based on a dream!

Probably some mistakes I tried to edit it as best as I can so if there are any mistakes eh I'm sorry.

I really <3 this.