Berkeley Black Shadow

The Last Goodbye

"Come on, We need to go to bed. It's really late." Mike laid down on the couch. Cindy crawled up and layed beside him. Cindy needed someone to cuddle up to. Mike feel alseep instantly but Cindy just layed there. She thought about what was going to happen next. She didn't think that she could ever fall in love again. She got married to the man she loved most. How could she pick herself up from that? She lost her biggest support system. She lost her baby's father. Mike was snoring slighty in his sleep. The sound of the wall clock was ticking loudly. She began to feel tired. The next morning Mike was the first to wake up. He got his self some coffee and sat at the kitchen counter. Billie had woke up and got himself some coffee. Mike had dark bags under his eyes.
"Were you up with Cindy last night?" Billie asked taking a sip of coffee.
"Yeah." Mike said taking a deep breath.
"We're really going to have to be there for her during the visition." The day went on. The house was quiet with random footsteps around the house. The visation was at 7:00. 5:00 rolled around. Cindy was setting on Kailey's bed.
"Hey, Can I borrow something from your closet? I don't want to go to Tre's house."
"Sure." Kailey said already ready as she started to head down the hall. Cindy got up and started to look threw the closet. Cindy picked out a black dress and started to put it on. She got it on and looked in the mirror. She was fixing the wrinkles in her dress. She looked to the side in the mirror and saw Tre. She jumped and looked behind her but nothing was there. Cindy quickly fixed her hair and put her eyeliner on and headed down stairs. She was practilly running down there stairs. She got to the living room where Billie and Mike was on the couch.
"Where's the fire?" Billie said alittle worried.
"It's nothing." Cindy said shaky. Mike and Billie gave her a look then turned there heads. Cindy sat on the couch beside Mike. The babysitter had arivved to take Adeline. Billie Joe started the car and everyone got in. Cindy sat in the backseat with Mike. Billie toke the car down the road to the funeral home. Cindy just looked straight ahead staring at the road. Mike put his arm around her singaling he was there for her. The car pulled up to the parking lot and everyone got out. There was alot of cars in the parking lot. Billie got to the front door first and opened it. Have you ever got the feeling people was just talking about you? Cindy felt like that when everyone looked at her as she walked in. Everyone knew what happen and her story. She walked over to Tre's Memorial. There was a drumset with a picture of Tre setting on the snar.Cindy started to tear up. There was random pictures of Tre in Green Day and also there was some of his childhood. There was pictures of her and Tre's wedding. There was alot of flowers surrounding. Cindy just standing there staring. She felt paralized wondering if this was acually happening. Could she be here standing at the funeral of Tre cool? Is she standing at the funeral of the man she loved with all her heart? Could she be standing at the funeral of the father of her baby? Why couldn't she just die with Tre? Cindy jumped as Billie put his hand on her shoulder. The night went on with people coming up to Cindy shaking her hand and giving her hugs. Mike and Kailey stood by her side while Billie stood beside Kailey. The night died down as everyone began to leave. Tomarrow was the day Tre's ashes would be spread threw out Gilman. Kailey and Mike got in the car. Billie and Cindy were standing around the funreal home. Night dragged on farther. Cindy was asleep on Mike's shoulder on the couch. Kailey and Billie were heading up the stairs to go to sleep. Mike let Cindy sleep so Mike fell asleep. The next day everyone was up and dressed. The funeral started at 10:00am. Cindy looked at the clock as she drank her coffee. 9:00am. She dreaded going but she had to do it for Tre. She was the one that gets to spread the ashes around. Only she was going to do it while everyone else had to stand back and watch. Billie and Kailey was in the living room watching TV. Mike was with Cindy drinking coffee. Mike toke a drink of coffee.
"Are you ready for today?" Mike said leaning back in his chair.
"No, Im seriously not but I have to do this for Tre. He wanted me to do this." The clock was ticking away till it was time to go. Billie got up and went to the kitchen.
"Is everyone ready to go?" Everyone got up and went to the car. Billie started the car and spead off to Gilman. It wasn't to far away just enough to make you think things out. The car arivved and everyone got out. Everyone was standing out and around waiting. Cindy went to the vase Tre was in and picked it up. Everyone backed away and stood around the building waiting for Cindy to go in. Cindy walked up to the building and looked at it.She took a deep breath and turned the doorknob and opened it. There was a musty smell with dust all over the floor. It was dark because the windows were covered up. Cindy walked in a looked around. She found a good spot and opened the lid. She toke a deep breath and poured some out on the floor.

----
Tre and Cindy was laying in the grass looking at the clouds. The day was warm and sunny, almost perfect. Cindy layed her hand in Tre's hand. She toke a deep breath.
"Do you ever think about the future Tre?" Cindy said still looking at the clouds.
"I don't know. What do you mean?" Tre said laughing alittle.
"No, Im serious." Cindy said. Tre was silent.
"All I see is you." Tre said smiling. He got up and held himself up above Cindy.
"We're going to get married, have children, and grow old with each other." Tre leaned down and kissed Cindy on the lips. Cindy raised her hand and putted them around Tre's neck.
---

Cindy walked over to another part in Gilman and poured out more ashes. The room was silent. Cindy looked at the stage where Tre once played. She remembered all the songs. She remembered the smell and excactly how she felt. Cindy decided to pour out more on the stage. Cindy cept remebering as memorys came back to her.

---
Tre was talking to him self in the bedroom of his house.
The day was sunny. Tre was talking in the mirrior.
"Cindy, I love you with all my heart. I want us to be together forever." Tre was as nervous as he could ever be. He was even more nervous then before playing infront of thousands of people. Cindy was on the otherside of the door listening to Tre talk to himself. Cindy opened the door and walked in.
"Were you talking to yourself Tre?" Cindy asked.
"Ummm...no." Tre said fiddleing with the box in his pocket.
"Then, What were you doing?" Cindy said getting frusterated.
"I...I...um....Cindy ever since the day I met you I fell in love with you. I will alway's love you. Cindy I love you with all my heart. I want us to be together forever." Tre got down on one knee. Cindy was in a state of shock. Tre got the box out of his pocket and opened it. There sat a big diamond ring.
"Will you marry me?" Cindy was shocked.
"Y...Yes." Cindy said with the biggest smile on her face. Tre jumped up and gave her a hug and a kiss.
---

Cindy walked over to the bar. Everytime Cindy saw a bar she had to think of Tre. She still had the vase in her hand. It was about empty. She sat down on a bar stool and sat there. She remembered ordering drinks with Tre. Cindy got the vase a poured the remaining along the bar table.

---
The night was chilly. Tre had toke Cindy to a special place in the country. Tre had his hands over Cindy's eyes. Tre lead Cindy over to a blanket and toke his hands off her eyes. Cindy smiled and looked at him. Cindy and Tre layed down on the blanket. Tre pulled out another blanket and pulled it over them. Cindy moved closer to Tre and layed in his arms. The lights of Berkeley were slightly showing. The sound of crickets were threw out the air. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. Cindy was spinning her wedding ring around her finger. She wanted this moment to last forever.
"I love you." Tre whispered in her ear.
"I love you too."
-

Cindy was done spreading the ashes. She was in tears. She didn't care to wipe them away because they would just keep falling. She didn't know what her future was going to be now. All she saw was Tre. She started to walk to the door. She put the vase down on the bar table. She opened the door and walked threw. She turned around to look in one last time. The room looked the same as she walked in. She begin to shut the door.

"Goodbye Tre."

-END-