Berkeley Black Shadow

Cindy and Nathaniel

Billie jumped up and went to Kailey then Cindy. Mike was gripping ahold of the armchair and Tre came out of the cock pit saying "Let's do that again!" Billie went over to get Cindy's cell.
"Oh shit! It's 1am and I got no signal." said Billie holding up the phone. Tre walked out of the plane into the darkness. Billie picked up Kailey and toke her out of the plane and layed her on the ground. He toke off his jacket and put it around her. Mike picked up Cindy and did the same. Billie started to walk
"You guys stay here incase they wake up. Im going to go to that hill and call Nathaniel." Tre and Mike layed down and just looked at the stars. 'I like her. But what if shes like a tennie.' Billie Joe thought as he walked to the tallest hill he could find. He got to the top of the hill and looked around. He looked across the darkness and saw the lights of Berkeley. He got out the cell and turned it on. The screen said 'Guitarist 4 Life'. He smiled and started to laught thinking of himself. He dialed Nathaniel's.
It rings....."Hello?"
"Hey Nathaniel..Can you come pick some people up including the boys at that big hill about 5 miles from Berkeley?"
"Could you have called me any later? Im kinda sleeping right now."
"Just get your ass down here. It's me, Mike, Tre, and two girls."
"Ok...I will be there in a minute." Billie started to walk back to Tre and Mike. They were still siting there looking at the stars.
"So is he coming?" said Mike out of nowhere.
"Yeah" Over in the distance a car was coming. The SUV pulled up beside them. Nathaniel got out of the car. Tre jumped up like a little kid and ran and gave Nathaniel a hug.
"Ok Tre. It's nice to see you to." Nathaniel walked over to Kailey and Cindy.
"What the hell happened to them?" "They got knocked out." said Billie Joe looking at Kailey.
"The brunette is Cindy and I dont know the other one, so I call her whatsername." Nathaniel just stared at Cindy. Billie picked up Kailey in his arms and got in the back of the car. Mike started to walk over to Cindy "No...It's ok Mike. I got her." Nathaniel picked up Cindy in his arms and went to the SUV. "Mike and Tre set up front." said Nathaniel. Cindy layed across Nathaniel's lap and Kailey layed across Billie's lap. Tre started the car and was off. Nathaniel looked down to Cindy and moved the hair out of her face. Nathaniel just kept staring till Billie started to talk.
"Dude....do you like her or what?" said Billie.
"Yeah I guess theres just something about her. Well I wouldnt be talking." They both started to laugh. They got to the front of Billie's house. Nathaniel got out first and went to the door while Billie followed. They went in the front door.
"Where the hell are we going to put them?" said Nathaniel.
"We can put them in my room. It has a bed and a couch." Billie started to walk to the room. Nathaniel layed Cindy in the bed and covered her up. Billie layed Kailey on the couch and got a blanket and covered her up. Nathaniel kissed Cindy on the forehead and they walked out of the room.
"I wonder when they will wake up." said Billie Joe. Tre ran to the kitchen and opened the frig.
He started to scream "BEER!".
"Tre! Shut up! The girls a sleeping." said Mike as he grabbed a beer and went to the living room. Tre grabbed all the beer and ran like a girl to the living room. Nathaniel and Billie Joe went outside and sat on the porch to talk.
***
"Where the hell am I?!" I said to myself while looking around. I looked around for Kailey and noticed her on the couch still asleep. I went to get up but I was to dizzy. I fell back down. I just layed there and looked around. There was guitars on the walls. There was posters of Green Day and tons of Green Day CDs. 'Wow this must be a real Green Day freak!' I thought to myself while trying to get up. I got up and just stood there wonder what I should do. I went to go look in the mirror that was on the wall.
"Oh my god....." I said to myself out loud while taking my hands across the brusies. I went to the window to look outside. In the distance I saw a Berkeley sign.
"Ok Im in Berkeley. Thats good." I heard a TV going down stairs. I opened the door and went downstairs. I stopped half way when Tre saw me. I just stared.
"Hey guys! Get your asses in here. One of the hot...I mean girls are awake!" Nathaniel and Billie Joe ran in looking excited. I just stood there not knowing what to say. Just then a sharp pain ran threw my head. I moaned and put my head in my hands. Billie ran to the kitchen and got a ice pack. Nathaniel went over to me and lead me too the couch to set down. I layed my head on Nathaniel's lap. Billie Joe ran in the living room with the ice pack. Nathaniel grabbed it and put it on my head.
"Where the hell am I?" I said as I got lost in his Blue eyes.
"Thats Billie Joe. Thats Mike the one that is hyper on coffee. Tre is the one that called you hot. I am Nathaniel and im the back up drummer for Green Day." Tre smiled.
"Who's the girl up stairs?" said Billie smileing.
"She's Kailey and im Cindy." Just then my phone rang that was sitting on the coffee table. I got up and answered it. It was my mom.
"Hi honey. Did you get the hotel safe and sound. Did anything happen on the plane?" I started to look around. My eyes narrowed on Nathaniels.
"Yeah mom. We're at the hotel were staying at. Yes the plane ride went great. Yes. No. Bye mom. I love you." I hung up and layed back down on Nathaniel's lap.
"Do you have any beer?" I said looking at Tre because he had all of it.
"Thats my kinda girl." They all said together.Tre threw me a beer and I started to drink it.
"So when do you think whatsername is going to get up?" said Billie Joe whinning.
"So your not happy enough with me just talking to you?..no im just playing with you. Throw me a beer and follow me." I walked up stairs with them following me. I slowly opened the door with the beer in my hand. Kailey was sleep on the couch. I slowly walked up right beside her and put the beer by her ear and opened it. She moaned and turned over. Billie Joe started to laugh.
"How the hell did you know how to do that?" "I lived with her for about 2 or 3 years." I grabbed Nathaniel's hand I yelled
"Wake up Kailey" and went out the door. Nathaniel and I went out side and started to walk.
"How old are you?" said Nathaniel trying to get a conversation started.
"Im 18. What about you?"
"Im 18 too. Thats cool."
"So...How long have you known Billie Joe?"
"Well...I moved out of Missouri and went here when I was 15."
"Thats cool."
"So what do you do?" said Nathaniel looking at his feet.
"Well...I play the guitar and listen to music."
"Thats awsome that you play the guitar."
"Yeah. Its sucks sometimes because you play it so much your fingers bleed." I paused and looked in his eyes. I looked away.
"Its getting kinda dark. Don't you think we should head ba..." He cut me off when his lips pressd against min. He stopped and I smiled. We walked back holding hands. We walked in the door of Billie's house and saw Kailey laying on Billie's lap. Mike and Tre were passed out on the floor from all the beer they drank. Nathaniel sat down by Billie Joe and watched TV. I motioned for Kailey to come to the kitchen with me. She got up and we sat at the kitchen counter. "Would you have ever thought that we would end up here?"
"I had no idea we would end up here. This is crazy. I really like Billie Joe." Just then Billie Joe and Nathaniel came in the kitchen.
"Nathaniel, you and Cindy can sleep on the couch and Kailey and I can sleep upstairs in my room."
"Ok." We all said together. Kailey and Billie Joe went upstairs then it was just me and Nathaniel downstairs. I went to the couch to set down. Nathaniel came out of the kitchen with some beers. Kailey got on her night clothes. She got in bed and curled up with Billie Joe. They fell asleep in each others arms. I was down stairs laying on the couch drinking beer. Nathaniel and I was talking about anything and everything. Nathaniel got up and kick Tre and Mike to leave. They finally got up and they leaved. It was only me and him. I layed on the couch and slowly closed my eyes. I felt Nathaniel get on the couch and lay beside me. He put his arm around me. I opened my eyes and looked at the wall in the dark.
"Cindy?" Nathaniel said.
"Yeah."
"I love you."
"I love you too." After that we both fell asleep in each others arms.
***
I woke up to the phone ringing. Nathaniel was asleep still. I got up and looked at the clock. 4:00 am. 'Who the hell is calling at a time like this?' I said to myself. I walked over to the phone and looked at the caller ID. It said it was Tre's cell phone. I picked up the phone and went to the kitchen.
"Tre its 4 am. Please. We have people trying to sleep over he..." I suddenly stopped. I had a weird feeling. Something was wrong with Tre. He was breathing heavy.
"Tre, Whats wrong?"
"Cindy help me. I got in a car weck. Im about 10 miles from Berkeley. I cant move. I can't....breath. All..I...see...is..blood." I was shocked I couldnt move.
"Tre. Hold on." I dropped the phone and ran upstairs to get Kailey.