Run Away With Me

The Band

'GERARD ARTHUR WAY! GET.UP!' was the words i woke to, coming from my little brother Mikey, closely followed by a pillow hitting me in the head. ''I'm up, i'm up.' i muttered sleepily and sliding, unwillingly, out of bed.
'Come one. I have ba- karate' Mikey winked. ''Karate'' was what dad thought Mikey was doing after school and in the holidays, but really he was at band practice. It was Saturday today so we where going to Ray's house before dad got up and practicing. I wasn't't even in the band but i watched and gave pointers and shit, Mikey said i was good at that sort of stuff.
So 10 minutes later me and Mikey where on our Ray's with toast and cups of coffee. We would have Starbucks cups if it wasn't for living in New Jersey, New Jersey; the social outcast of America.

''JUST USE!' Mikey yelled as he opened the front door to Ray's house. 'IN THE KITCHEN!' Ray called back through the sound of music from the TV on the shiny unit surrounded by family photos and cup coasters.
Me and Mikey entered the room of chattering voices and Bob feeble drum beats.
'What's up with Bobert?' Mikey asked hosting his bass from the back cupboard. 'His mom's ill. She'll be okay but its really got him down' a girl sitting next to him with silky black hair and a delicate tanned body explained for him, everything about her breakable ' Im his cousin by the way, Melissa.' her voice was strong though i thought as she putting her hand out. I shook gently, scared i would brake her 'Gerard' I breathed sitting down at the dining table.

A while later and we sent Bob home and made Jack drum. Jack was their lead singer because the only person Mikey wants is me. So many times Mikey has bugged me about but I'd fuck it up, just like i fuck everything else up in life. 'Come one Gee. Sing just this once' Mikey continued to repeat, bounding beside me like a hyper puppy.
'For fuck sake mike. NO.' i said sitting down with a beer. 'Ask me again and i'll be taking your bass back!' i didn't't mean to shout it.But i did and everyone but Ray slowly scuttled out of the room. 'Gee... Mikey only wants to help the band, he knows what you can do.' Ray smiled. I looked up at his enthusiastic face and smiled 'Fine i'll do it, don't blame me if i fuck up though!' i chuckled and went into ray's garage. Mikey smiled at Ray 'Thanks' he muttered, should have known they had planned something, but i was in to deep. I may as well go along with it.
'Gerard, you know Cubical's, right.' 'Right. I do... you went with Cubical's then' i winked, that song was the hardest to name.. and they've only done three of their own.
So i sang. and as i did it felt like a person in me was cheering me on, making my heart feel warm and smiled the whole time. By the end of the morning i was so hyped up i felt like nothing could make me sad. Luckily nothing that night did.
When me and Mikey got home i went to my room and finished my drawing i started yesterday.
'We're all just kids fighting with ourselves for life' I wrote under a picture of a kid cutting; only bad thing about my drawings... ''too dark'' every teacher had said it, even when he was younger when he drew a picture of his dead granddad as a zombie being killed again by his dad. Not his fault his dad was a horror movie fan. then there was a faint knock on the door 'Yeah?' Mikey poked his head around the door 'Me and dad are going Vibes for AC/DC for Ray... please come.'
'Fine, be right there.'
I understood fully why he wanted me to come, dad wasn't exactly the supportive type... not for devoting your life to music anyway.
I changed my blue top to my black Metallica shirt then went upstairs to the living room where Mikey was standing next to dad all awkward.
'Come on then, I'm not buying any other CD's today, OK?' Dad smiled, he always bought us stuff but mom was ill so he had to pay for the treatment and shit. 'Ok' me Mikey said at the same time and we headed out