Sequel: Betrayal

Deception

Kisses in the Rain

Valentines day dawned bright and clear, if not a little breezy.

Amara chose her outfit carefully, not really sure whether she wanted to impress Draco or not. In the end she pulled on some pants and a dark jumper. It was comfy and cute enough.

After breakfast she met up with Draco right beside the oak doors. Thankfully Potter and the Chang girl had left moments before Malfoy's arrival. Potter and Malfoy together was just a disaster waiting to happen.

“Morning, Malfoy.” Amara greeted the blond boy with a raised brow. Truth be told she was a bit tired and a bit cranky. Besides, he had kept her waiting for over ten minutes.

“Hart,” Draco greeted with a yawn before subtly draping his left arm over Amara’s shoulders. He gave her a playful grin before leading her outside with the rest of the students.

The walk to Hogsmeade was spent mostly in silence. Neither really knew what to say. That, or they were both still trying to wake up.

Amara glanced up at Draco a few times and couldn’t help but wonder what it would actually be like to be in love with him. In all reality Amara never really fancied anyone, so she wasn’t exactly sure how it felt to get butterflies in her stomach and want to see that person everyday.

She wanted to know what it would be like to be normal. To gossip with her friends, flirt with adorable guys, and worry about her outfits and the way her hair looked.

So she decided then and there that Valentines day would be different. She would act like one of her silly love struck schoolmates. She would let today’s date be real. She'd fawn over Malfoy and kiss him. She'd hold his hand and say sweet nothings to him.

Or, maybe not. She wasn't sure she could say sweet nothings to anyone.

“Come on,” Amara said, linking her arm with Draco’s and pulled him towards the small village. “I thought we should start this Valentine’s at Honeydukes then head over to Madam Puddifoots.”

“Are you buying?” Draco asked with a raised brow and a teasing grin on his face.

“Well, you did say that I have to spoil you today didn’t you?” Amara grinned before pulling him into the crowded shop.

The two walked around the shop hand in hand. Draco was obviously an impatient boy and constantly shoved kids out of the way. Amara didn’t mind too much.

Amara ended up buying Draco Chocoballs in which the blond was overly happy about. He obviously loved his chocolate. So much so that he didn't want to leave the sweetshop.

“Onto Puddifoots,” Amara said and found that she literally had to drag Malfoy out of the store. He wanted more, but unfortunately Amara didn’t have enough money to buy him more candy and to take him to Madam Puddifoots. She wasn't exactly rich.

Draco frowned, but eventually allowed Amara to lead him away.

“I bought you Licorice Wands.” Malfoy said, before holding the candy out to her. He avoided her gaze and stood there awkwardly.

Amara smiled, her cheeks turning a bright pink as she accepted the candy. She hadn't even seen him buy those. “Thank you, that was very sweet.”

She leaned forward and placed a kiss on his cheek. She rested her head on his shoulder and grabbed his hand.

It began to rain hard as Amara and Draco made their way to the little teashop.

“Is that Potter?” Amara asked as she watched the dark haired boy come out of Puddifoots, an exasperated look on his face. He glanced left and right, totally missing Draco and Amara, before stomping off towards the Three Broomsticks.

“Probably was stood up.” Malfoy scoffed with a roll of his eyes.

Draco held the door open for her and Amara smiled brightly up at him as she walked inside.

“Tell me why you chose to come here.” Malfoy said as he scrunched up his nose in distaste. Pink confetti fell on them, surprising Amara and annoying Malfoy.

Amara blinked, staring at all the people in the shop as they stared right back at them. “I don’t know, I heard this is where all the couples come.”

Slowly the two backed out of the shop, eyeing everyone skeptically.

As soon the door shut and they were standing out in the rain the two began to laugh.

“Come on,” Amara said, tugging on Draco’s hand, a playful smile on her lips. “Let’s go to the Three Broomsticks.”

The two sprinted down the street, jumping in puddles just to splash one another. Amara laughed loudly and was sure that she sounded mental.

By the time they reached the pub they were soaked. Amara couldn’t remember the last time she had so much fun. And she couldn’t quite believe that all this fun was because of Draco.

The rain continued to fall down on them but neither made a move towards the entrance. Amara placed both hands on his face before bringing him in for a kiss. She never thought she’d be a sap over a kiss in the rain.

But she found she enjoyed it very much.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that this chapter was like complete...crap. Really, it was. I'm not good with romance.
The only other romance-ish type story I have ever written is my
Niall story and even that is an epic fail.

Many thanks to those who left a comment. You deserve so much more than this crap of a chapter.
TheGoodLlama, happinessalways., kailixx, iLOVEbritishaccents, blackenedrose, julialynn!, and pelican park.. You all mean a lot to me and I don't know how I can thank you enough.