Sequel: Betrayal

Deception

Condescending

It seemed that things could only go from bad to worse. Professor Umbridge had a tight leash on Hogwarts. Things were being banned left and right. The Quibbler was one on a list of many others that were no longer allowed.

The school seemed to go absolutely mad over Potter’s interview, which had been in The Quibbler. The fact that the magazine had been banned is what drove students to want to read it. Even Amara herself had read it.

Though, she would never say so out loud.

As much as Amara wanted to think that Potter was completely mad in the head, she found that she believed his story. She wasn’t sure why, but she just did.

Plus, the fact that Potter had named Lucius Malfoy as a Death Eater was like icing on the cake.

Draco, of course, was none to please about Potter’s interview. The boy took to stomping around and cursing. The boy who liked to have attention on him, suddenly didn’t want it. Not when they were talking about his father at least.

Amara, being the loving person that she was, would listen to Draco's angry rants into the late hours. She’d nod her head in understanding and sympathize with the blond, but inside she smirking. Potter was helping her without even realizing it.

But the magazine hadn’t been the only interesting thing to happen at Hogwarts.

One night during dinner Amara - and what seemed like the rest of the school - were out in the Entrance Hall.

Amara was crammed among the sea of bodies. Shoulder to shoulder with everyone.

A hand slipped into Amara’s and whoever it was gave it a quick squeeze. Amara furrowed her brow and looked to her right, only to see Malfoy ginning back at her.

A circle had formed around the Entrance Hall. Everyone wanting to see what was happening, but all were too petrified to get any closer.

A sob broke out from the center of the room. Professor Trelawney stood there shaking, small sobs escaping her lips. “No! This cannot be happening…it cannot…I refuse to accept it!”

Watching one of her Professor’s in such heartbreak made Amara feel sick. She never cared much for Trelawney, but to see her so frightened, so scared, so alone. It really triggered something in Amara. She knew how Professor Trelawney was feeling.

“You didn’t realize this was coming?” a high pitched voice asked. Amara’s gaze moved from Trelawney’s and straight to Professor Umbridge. “Incapable though you are of predicting even tomorrow’s weather, you must surely have realized that your pitiful performance during my inspections, and lack of any improvement, would make it inevitable you would be sacked?”

Tears were streaming down Professor Trelawney’s face now. She was speaking again but Amara could hardly hear. “H-Hogwarts is m-my h-home!”

“It was your home.” Was Professor Umbridge’s snotty reply.

It was people like this that made Amara sick to her stomach. The Umbridge’s and Malfoy’s of the world. She wanted nothing but to be rid of them all.

Amara’s grip of Malfoy's hand tightened and she heard him take in a sharp breath of pain. But Amara didn’t care. She wouldn’t care even if she broke his hand. She was just simply to angry to care about much.

Professor Trelawney continued to cry, rocking back and forth on her trunk. Refusing to believe that she was being sent away.

Amongst the crowd Professor McGonagall stepped forward and marched straight to Professor Trelawney. The elder professor withdrew a handkerchief and handed it to Trelawney, all the while patting the sobbing woman on the back.

Amara’s heart swelled with pride and in that very moment Amara decided she liked Professor McGonagall and would from then on pay attention to her lessons.

“…You’re not going to have to leave Hogwarts…” Professor McGonagall consoled.

“Oh really, Professor McGonagall?” Umbridge asked, her voice sounding quite deadly. She took a few steps forward threateningly. “And your authority for that statement is…?”

“That would be mine,” a deep voice sounded in the hall, causing Amara to jump.

Amara watched in shock as Dumbledore - ever smiling - and Umbridge went at it. But in the end, Dumbledore had won. Professor McGonagall and Professor Sprout leading Trelawney back to her quarters.

Professor Trelawney would not be their teacher any longer. But at least she could still say. Though, if Amara had been in that situation she would have been pleased to leave just so she could get away from Umbridge.

Dumbledore introduced the new Divination Professor. Professor Firenze; a centaur.

Amara would have gladly paid to see the look on Professor Umbridge’s face. Luckily for Amara, she got to see it for free.

Draco hadn’t said much on the matter. Just scoffed and rolled his eyes. He had better things to worry about.

“Potter will pay for this,” Draco had said later that night while the pair were in the common room. Most students had gone to bed by then, the few still awake were trying to get last minute homework done. “I’ll make him pay.”

“Of course you will,” Amara said from where she sat on the leather couch, watching as Malfoy paced back and forth. He should have been attending to his Prefect duties, but had left Parkinson to herself. “I’ll help you if you want.”

Draco laughed at this, bringing a frown to Amara’s lips. “No offense, Hart. But do you really think you could handle doing even a simple jinx on Potter?”

“What are you saying?” Amara furrowed her brow and glared at Malfoy. “Are you indicating that I am not smart? That I’m not capable of playing some sort of prank on someone?”

Draco seemed to realize the mistake he had made, his grin falling and his blue eyes growing large. “Uh…no. I didn’t mean it that way. I just meant…I don’t want you getting involved.”

Amara eyed him suspiciously. “I could take Potter down faster than you'd think.”

Draco did laugh at this, thinking that she was trying to be cute. He bent down and planted a kiss on her forehead. “I’m sure you could.”

“I can!” Amara snapped, not liking the way he was talking down to her. She also didn’t like the fact that she was starting to sound like she was five once more. She took a deep breath, trying to reel in her anger. “You’re right. I should leave it to the big boys.”

Draco nodded his head and smirked. “Exactly.”

If Draco wasn’t careful, Amara would be showing him just how much damage she really could cause.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, you all are amazing and since you're so amazing you should continue to read the following:

My dear friend Raveena is doing a terrible thing. She's holding her story hostage for some unknown reason. She is torturing me by not posting this story. So, I am hoping that if any of you amazing readers are One Direction fans, then you need to go over and subscribe to her story You. Maybe even leave a little comment there.

I'm hoping that once she sees how excited everyone is for this story that she'll finally post it. I don't know if she's doubting her own writing or if she simply likes to see me die over here waiting. But either way, a little encouragement goes a long way. So go encourage her to write her story, my dear readers. Do it for me!

Also, as always, many thanks to noski, TheGoodLlama, blackenedrose, julialynn!.

Lines are from chapter 26 from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.