Sequel: Betrayal

Deception

Hiding

The following weeks were harsh on every student and professor. Their O.W.L.s had begun, much to the horror of the students. Amara tried her best to remain calm, but inside she was a mess. She hated testing, and the O.W.L.s being such a big deal, made it that much worse.

In all honesty, she was ready to pull her hair out.

She knew that she probably should have been as stressed as she was. She hadn’t much a future planned anyhow.

Was she really going to live the rest of her like as Jane Hart? It seemed wrong and such a sad life to do so.

And what would she do? She couldn’t very well ruin a man’s life and continue on with hers as if nothing happened. And what if she were caught by the Malfoy’s? Or even the Ministry. Pretending to be someone she wasn’t.

It seemed that either way she looked at it, she was screwed. Not much of life, after all. No reason to stress over it. But yet, she still did.

But the testing wasn’t the only frightening thing happening at Hogwarts. Professor McGonagall had been sent away to St. Mungo’s after being hit with four stunning spells. Apparently Umbridge and a group of unidentified men were trying to stun Hagrid and Professor Umbridge stepped forward in his defense and was hit straight on.

Professor Hagrid had run off.

Professor Umbridge may not have been Amara’s favorite Professor, but she had to admit that Professor McGonagall was one strong and brave woman.

It was the last day of exams and Amara found herself trying to hide from not only Malfoy (she was feeling very awkward around the blond haired boy) and from her friends (who were trying to smother her with questions about her exams).

Amara pushed students out of her way as she ran down the first floor corridor. Fran was hot on her heels, but Amara was quicker than her dark haired friend and managed to lose her in the sea of students.

She glanced into classrooms in hopes of finding an empty one before Fran could catch her. It wasn’t until she was about to give up and accept that she may just have to deal with her giddy friend, she found one.

Leaning against the door Amara let out heavy breaths as she tried to calm down her racing heart. She smiled, closing her eyes for a moment, happy that she finally had some alone time.

She glanced around the empty classroom and wondered how long it would be before someone found her in there. With any luck no one would.

But as luck is hardly ever on her side, Amara wasn’t too surprised when she heard voices creeping closer to the room. Her first instinct was to attack anyone coming in, but knowing that it could be a professor she decided that the best decision would be to hide.

She did a quick once over and spotted a cabinet in the back of the room that she just may be able to squeeze into.

Without a second thought Amara bolted for the cabinet and crammed herself in there. It was a tight fit, and she could hardly breathe, but there was no chance to find another hiding place for the classroom door opened.

She closed the cabinet door quickly and closed her eyes, willing the person away.

“Voldemort’s got Sirius.”

Amara’s eyes popped open as soon she heard those words. She tried to shift the awkward position she was in, but had no such luck. She slowed down her breathing and tried to listen to whoever was in the room.

What?” Another voiced asked in shock as another said “How d’you-“

“Saw it. Just now. When I fell asleep in the exam.”

Amara recognized those voices. It was none other than Harry and his two friends, she was sure of it. Perhaps luck was on her side.

“I dunno how,” said Harry. “But I know exactly where. There’s a room in the Department of Mysteries full of shelves covered in these little glass balls, and they’re at the end of row ninety-seven…he’s trying to use Sirius to get whatever it is he wants in there…he’s torturing him…Say’s he’ll end by killing him…”

Amara couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Was it possible that Potter was simply hallucinating? Perhaps he is as crazy as Malfoy says. Or perhaps Potter has been telling the truth the whole time and You-Know-Who truly was back.

“How are we going to get there?” Harry asked his friends.

Amara would love to know the answer to that question as well.

“G-get there?” Weasley asked.

“Get to the Department of Mysteries, so we can rescue Sirius!” Harry said loudly, obviously frustrated with Ron’s question, and perhaps, his own self.

Amara’s legs were starting to fall sleep and she felt far too cramped. The trio of friends began to argue on whether or not Harry truly saw You-Know-Who and this Sirius fellow or if it was just a dream.

Amara began to zone out, not wanting to listen to them bicker between themselves. She just wanted to know the plans. Even if they didn’t make any plans, at least Amara knew something. Jonathan would be pleased with this. And perhaps he’d stop sending her messages, wanting to know what she has planned and what has happened.

The door opening caught Amara’s attention and quickly found that to girls joined the trio. There seemed to be tension in the room, but it seemed that the group was quickly coming to a decision on what they were doing.

A distraction was the first part of their plan. Luring Umbridge away from her office so that they can get a message off to the Sirius man and see whether or not he was truly okay.

Weasley was going to take care of the distraction wile Potter and Granger snuck into Umbridges office. The two girls, who had joined the conversation were Weasley’s sister Ginny and a Ravenclaw named Luna, were going to keep a watch out in the corridor.

They quickly set off to their assignments, wasting no time.

As soon as Amara was sure that Potter and company were gone she climbed out of the cabinet. If they were moving quickly, then she would have to as well.


♠ ♠ ♠
Special thanks to everyone that has been supportive and patient. Thank you all.