Status: Working on it :3

Phoenix Princess

Not the Best of Luck

"Let me go!" I yelled again for the hundredth time.

"No! I will not! You are mine! You should act as such!" he yelled back.

He didn't try to gag me or drug me or anything, and I was wondering why, he was just hopping through trees with his arm still around me holding me to his side.

I growled and crossed my arms, I couldn't do a thing!

This freaking sucks.

✧Rin's POV✧

I was walking behind, really messing around behind, Jaken and Lord Sesshomaru when I heard something.

I don't know what they said, but it sounded like someone.

Surely, Sesshomaru heard and will investigate.

He didn't do anything though.

I tapped Jaken, "Didn't you hear that? Why isn't Lord Sesshomaru doing anything?"

"Yes, I heard it, and Lord Sesshomaru isn't doing anything because it has nothing to do with him."

"What if they need help?" I mumbled.

"It has nothing to do with the Lord! He shouldn't bother!" he yelled turning toward me.

"Okay, calm down mister Jaken you'll hurt yourself," I grinned.

He 'hmph-ed' and turned back around to catch up with Lord Sesshomaru.

I still couldn't help but think of what might be happening to that poor person.

I was starting to feel better about the whole noise thing, but of course that's when a giant toad carrying a girl burst out of the trees and onto the path.

The toad looked at Lord Sesshomaru and yelled, "You're not getting her! She's mine!"

He then lunged forward to swing an arm at the Lord's head.

Sesshomaru raised his arm in defense, then after the toad's arm bounced off of him, he raised his other hand, the claws glowing a sickly green.

I had to look away, I usually did when Lord Sesshomaru finishes the tiny battles we come across.

I looked back when I had suspected he was done, but the toad was still holding on to the girl with one arm, the other had been cut off at the shoulder.

He was breathing heavily and let the girl stand, but he wrapped his tongue around her throat so she couldn't get away.

He reached behind his back and mumbled around his tongue, "If you want her, too bad, if I can't have her, no one can!"

He then pulled a dagger out from behind him and stuck it into the girl's back, making her eyes open wide.

I couldn't look away this time as Lord Sesshomaru thrust forward his arm, claws still glowing, and twitched his wrist making the line of green light wrap around the toad's neck. He pulled his arm back sharply, making the string tighten, and slice off the toad's head.

Sesshomaru moved ahead, not even glancing at the dead toad, or dark haired girl who was lying on the ground. I couldn't stop looking though.

Ah-Un nudged my back, but I still couldn't move. My eyes started watering, and I was finally able to move forward to the girl and get on my knees.

I turned her onto her back, being careful of her wound, and laid her head on my lap.
Her eyes opened the tiniest bit.

I looked over to Jaken who was walking behind Lord Sesshomaru, "Jaken!" I called. "She's alive! Why won't you help her!"

"She's a human!" he called back. "We needn't bother."

Tears started spilling over onto my cheeks.

"I'm a human too!"

"A human who we could leave-" Sesshomaru had stopped, and Jaken had run into the Lord's legs mid-sentence.

Sesshomaru let out a soft sigh, then turned around, walked back to me, lifted the injured girl up, and placed her on Ah-Un's back. Walking away he started wiping his hands off, like he might get sick from just touching the girl.

I sniffled and started walking along side the now asleep girl, I knew she was asleep because she was still breathing. I reached up nervously, and grabbed the girl's hand.

I really hoped that she would make it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it's kind of short... Comment if you can please <3 Thank you to my one subscriber :)