Status: Working on it :3

Phoenix Princess

Mr.Runner and Friends

When I woke up in the morning they were all gone.

Why had I ever thought they would be there, though? I was just following them of my own will.

At least his presence left a nice clear path towards him. It'd take a while for it to fade too, so I'll go down to the stream and try to bathe first. Then I'll go after them.

While going through the motions in the cold water, I thought again.

Why should I keep following these people?

I couldn't find the answer to that by the time I got dressed.

It kind of sucked trying to get my kimono on though, my shoulder was stiff and it hurt really bad, probably from sleeping on the ground the last couple days... it was only a couple days right?

Oh well, in any case, I'd better get to walking considering my wound wasn't fully healed. I mean sure I heal faster than a normal human, but it's not anything close to instant. And from what I've learned from when I was a kid, it's slower than Inuyasha's regeneration rate.

I walked off, cleaning any twigs I might've missed out of my hair and wings while following Sesshomaru's trail. This was going to take a while, so I might as well do something useful.

✧Sesshomaru's POV✧

Why? That was the major question running through my mind.

Just, why?

Why was I still thinking of that lowly half-breed girl?

Why did I allow her to follow me?

Why did I help her?

Why can't she leave me and my mind alone?

Why?

Why?

Why?

I didn't know the answers, that's for sure.

"Mister Jaken, where do you think Sano is?" I heard Rin ask.

"I don't know, and don't wish to know," he answered.

I didn't know if I thought the same.

Again, why was I thinking this? She is scum that I should not be bothered with.

But, I guess I didn't have much else to do until we got to the castle. I could, maybe wonder what's going on with her father, right?

I allowed this much as we walked along the path way.

✧Sano's POV✧

I had been walking for a while, and my legs hurt really badly. I was hungry too.

Guess I wasn't made for travel.

That was when something came hurtling past, messing up my still wet hair.

Whatever it was doubled back a second later though.

When the leaves and dust stirred up from the wind settled, there stood an almost exact replica of the person I had imagined the other day.

Blue eyes, black hair, and amazing runner.

"What are you doing out here miss?" he asked.

"I-I'm trying to find someone," I stammered.

"Who is it you're trying to find?" he tilted his head in curiosity.

"Just someone, it's no big deal. Where were you headed?"

"I'm just trying to find someone too," he said looking off in the direction he had been heading in.

"Who?"

"Honestly, a girl."

"Ooh," I teased, "is there something going on there?" I crossed my arms and smirked.

"I kind of hope so," he scratched the back of his head. "What about you? You after someone special?" it was his turn to cross his arms.

"You know what? Come here," I grabbed his hand and pulled him over to the side of the path, "lets sit over here and talk for a while, okay? I have time to spare, what about you?"

"I guess I do."

Once we sat down, two guys in similar clothing to the guy I was sitting next to ran up to us.

"Are you okay?" I asked them as the bent over with their hands on their knees.

"We're fine, at least Koga let us catch up this time. Huh, Hakkaku?" the one with the grey-ish hair and the darker spot in front said.

"Why did you wait up for us?" the one with the mohawk, Hakkaku I'm guessing, said before looking up.

"Who are you?" they both said, turning their head at me.

"I'm Sano, you guys?"

"Ginta," the first one said.

"Hakkaku."

"Koga," the demon next to me spoke up.

"Are you Sano, as in the fire bird princess?" Koga continued.

"No," I said looking at the ground.

"Like I'll believe that. What were you doing leaving home for a guy?"

"Whoa. Princess Sano, left home for a guy!" Ginta said when he sat down.

"Why would you do that?" Hakkaku asked, "Wouldn't you have everything you'd need in a palace?"

"Yeah, everything except, free will, friends, and fun," I rolled my eyes.

"I guess it would suck staying in there for as long as you have. Couldn't you have at least asked your father first?"

"Like he woud say yes."

"Like you wouldn't go anyway even if he said no," Koga joined in, punching my arm.

"Ouch!" I punched him back.

"Oh, that hurt so much, I think i have a bruise now," he said sarcastically.

"Oh shut up," I rolled my eyes again.

"You'll never make it out there on your own, you know that? Especially if you're hurt, jeesh, what happened!" he turned my shoulder to see.

"Some frog dude stabbed me."

"Ouch, that's why you weren't flying, huh?"

"Yeah, and am I really that known?"

"Well, it's more your father. People just suspected he had only one daughter, and you looked like someone who would be the daughter of a phoenix king," Ginta nodded at my wings.

"Well too bad I'm not going to be able to use my wings until at least tomorrow, and the only thing I have that could be used as protection is this," I snapped and showed them my little flame.

"We should go with you, we are about a week ahead schedule, what do you say guys?" Koga asked them.

"It wouldn't be that bad, it'd give us a break from running all the time, and I don't think I could live with myself if I let a princess get hurt when I could've helped her," explained Ginta.

"I agree," Hakkaku said.

"Okay, I guess you guys can come with me, but for now I just want to sit here, I've been walking for hours," I rolled my eyes and started working on braiding a part of my hair.

We sat there until the sky started turning orange, talking and laughing, then we set off along the path that only I knew was there.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kind of short, but since I have no comments yet (hint, hint - wink, wink) I'm not sure if people even like this any.