Status: Finals are coming by and I need to get my grades up. I won't be updating this very much. I'm sorry. Bare with me.

We're Ghosts in a Hail of Bullets

Where I Want to Be

The dream I had the night before was weird. It lingered on with me through out the school day. I even began using it as a story. It began with me waking up in a pure white class room with six other strangers. I didn't acknowledge their faces because I was too busy admiring the cleanliness of the room. The whiteness hurt my eyes so I buried my face in the white tiled floor. I ignored the sound of footsteps around me until they got too close to my head. I scurried away like a scared animal, sitting in the corner by a few desks. The strangers in the room were conversing with each other. Some were screaming, others were questioning where they were and what they were doing there. I sat in silence. But then the T.V. in the corner of the ceiling turn itself on. Everyone went as quiet as I was and turned their attention to the T.V.
A bald, young man appeared wearing a black suit with a white dress up shirt and black, satin tie. His eyes were a piercing, silver-gray color. He had an large, arched nose and full, pink lips. His fingers were laced with each other, rest his elbows on a desk with. He did say anything for the first few seconds, waiting for our attention. The background behind him was just as white as the classroom. His chest grew large as he took a deep breathe and then began to speak.

"Welcome, all of you, to Vesanus Academy for Higher Learning. This was once an institute for a range of students who held IQ's of genius levels. It closed down for whatever reason, but it's of no importance to you. The real importance is the killer gallivanting around the building. Now, the main building is nine stories high with a series of twists, turns, and corridors to explore and hide in. There are hundreds, probably thousands of rooms for you to take shelter in. Each room has a special item in it to help you survive the killer or they could lead to an even quicker demise. You're in the main building. There are also several other buildings scattered around grounds. You can go to them if you want, doesn't matter to me as long as you get away from our killer. There are seven of you. You all suffer from memory loss. Have fun with that. The last one alive wins," he paused for a minute, allowing everyone to take this all in. Everyone in the room was freaking out and searching their minds for any recollection of who they are or what they were doing there.

"This isn't real," one girl whispered to herself. Thankfully it wasn't real.

"Now, you have ninety seconds to search the room for a variety of items such as food, water, flashlights, small weapons, and of miscellaneous things to help you on your...adventure. The door will unlock after those ninety seconds. Don't touch it now though. It'll shock you," of course, one girl tried to touch the door and was instantly shocked. Dumb ass, "Our killer is now, here," he told us. A map quickly flashed on the screen with a red blinking dot on it. There was a black dot to symbol us. The red dot was at the entrance of the school while we were somewhere on the fourth floor.
"After your ninety seconds, you have ten minutes to search the school for other items, or hiding places, or whatever you would like, before the killer is released from the van he is currently in and then he will gallivant around the buildings. He has his own arsenal of weapons. Right now he only has a few knives, a hammer, wire, and a rope but along the way he will pick up other things. He seems to favor guns and hunting knives, but he will use whatever he can. He's a ruthless, bloodthirsty, angry, animal. Have fun," he finished before the screen cut to black. Almost everyone broke down into tears while other began flipping open desks for things. A timer came up on the screen, counting back from ninety in large, green print. Once it counted back I woke up in my bed.

I laid there for a moment or two, completely ignoring my mom who had been calling my name for some time. It took me a while to actually get up and get ready for school, but I found a way. But that part of my morning back no importance neither did the other half, besides the part where I began writing about my dream. I couldn't get pass the part where I woke up, but it was okay. Tomorrow was a new day and I could wait until then. I saw Tate later on, of course. I saw him everyday. He read what I wrote, nodding and smiling. He liked what I had so far, saying that I was very creative. Then he kissed me, telling me that my creativity was sexy. All together that day was uneventful.
When Tate I left I did my homework with my head in the cloud. All I wanted to do was sleep. I wanted to close my eyes and continue on in my dream. It fascinated me. But sleep never came. I laid there for hours with my eyes closed but sleep never came to me. It didn't take long for this to bore the hell out of me. I sat up and lit a few candles, reading my book in the dim light. As I flipped the pages and skimmed over the words, a knock came to my door. I instantly blew out the candles and tried to jump back into bed, but the person had entered before I could get up.

"Up a little late?" they said. It was a female with a rough, playful voice. Her features were shrouded by the shadows, but I could see her figure. She was short, probably five foot five and skinny. Her hair was long, laying on her chest, and she stood tall and proud for whatever reason. It couldn't have been my mother, so I knew it was one of spirits.

"Whats it to you?" I replied in a snotty voice. She walked a little bit closer, but refused to enter the moonlight.

"It's nothing to me, I guess. I'm just bored. This place is such a shit hole and so boring. I've only been here for a year and I'm already tired of all these whiny, annoying little brats that run around, crying, bitching, and complaining. 'Oh God, I'm so sad because I'm dead'. Cry me a God damn river," she said as she waved her arms around and threw her voice. I had no idea how to react.

"Yeah...sure. So you're a ghost?" I said, trying to avoid any long conversation with her. She fell silent for a moment, probably mocking me.

"No, I'm your long lost sister who just recently moved in. Don't you see the blood? Of course I'm a ghost, dumb ass," she snapped.

"You don't have to be a bitch about it," I snapped back, but in a whisper so no one would hear me, "and no, I can't see the blood, dumb ass. You're in the dark, dumb ass. Maybe if you would step into the damn light I would be able to tell, dumb ass," my voice grew louder with each word, but I maintained a whisper. Suddenly the woman materialized in front of me. Her face was pale against the moonlight and her bruises and cuts were vibrant purple. She had blood splattered on her dirty, white dress with stab holes.

"You don't have to be a bitch about it either, damn, what is wrong with you? Respect your elders you little brat!" she continued on and on about how children were so disrespectful. She even complained about ghosts of the little boys who run around, breaking things and causing havoc. But she couldn't have been older than twenty-one or twenty-two. Her superiority complex really annoyed me and I wanted to scream at her to shut the hell up, but I couldn't of course. I thought that if I listened to her bitch, or pretended to, that maybe she would wear herself out and go away, but she didn't. She knew I was faking after a while and she smacked me for it.
"You're just another bitch, you know that? Do you know what you are in this world? You're nothing," her voice became deep, almost demonic, "count your blessings, sweet heart, because the plague is coming," she began.

"What does that even mean? You crazy, stupid, bitch," I snapped quickly, cutting her off. It pissed her off even more, but I didn't care. Her eyes grew wide, starring into my soul, but I stared right back, unfazed. I wouldn't allow her to break me. Then she raised her hand again to strike me, but someone stopped her.

"Hayden!" another woman shouted, which caused her to stop and look. A tall, mature woman strutted around my room. "Get the hell out of here," she said sternly. In the blink of an eye, Hayden was gone. The woman, the mysterious one, smiled at me kindly. I knew she was a mother just by her face because it showed years of generosity and a warm heart, if it could beat. Her hair was long and wavy with a little brown tone to it. I couldn't see her eyes or her skin tone, but I knew she was stunning.
She knelt down in front of me, placing her cold hand on my cheek and smiling.

"You're so pretty. Give me a smile," she said. I smiled weakly in her command and then she disappeared like the other one. I was a little bit scared because there were ghosts in my room, touching me and one even slapped me, but it was nice to know that one of them was kind, like Beau.
I crawled back into my bed, closed my eyes, and pretended to be asleep. Who was fooling though? Maybe if I tricked my mind that I was asleep, I would actually fall asleep, but it never worked. It took so long for the night to pass. It was endless and my cheek stung from the previous slap. Tomorrow it would become a bruise. How as I suppose to explain that to my parents or Tate? How do I fight a ghost?