Status: Finals are coming by and I need to get my grades up. I won't be updating this very much. I'm sorry. Bare with me.

We're Ghosts in a Hail of Bullets

I Want Your Worst

I sat in the study with Moira, starring out the window to watch the rain clouds roll in. Moira was dusting some book shelves with a gray feather duster. How old fashion. She hummed a soft tune as she dance around the room. This was another room I had yet to be in.

"Did anyone die in here?" I asked bluntly. The rain began to fall, tapping on the window pane. It was so calming and soothing.

"Of course. A couple a few years ago. 2003, I believe," Moira began, "The wife went insane. She had a fear of germs and began soaking everything in bleach. Her husband was forced to wear gloves, plastic on his shoes, and bath almost hourly. She forced me out of the house because I was 'too filthy'. Her obsession killed them both,"

"What happened?" I asked more intrigued. Moira looked up to the ceiling, trying to remember.

"I think she drowned her husband and then hung herself in here," She explained, "I wasn't here when it happened. Remember, she kicked me out?"

I nodded saying, "She was probably a bitch," Moira looked at me with a small smile.

"I can't say anything bad, Anna," she lied, "but I've heard around the block that she was a...bitch,". She giggled a little bit, being able to say that. Oh Moria, I love you. I turned back to the window, shocked to see Tate standing in the rain. He was looking straight at me only a few feet away from the window. He nudged his head, motioning me to the front door and without hesitation I listened. I looked through the peep hole to find him stand on the porch, soaking wet from the rain. I flipped every lock and opened the door, feeling a little puzzled.

"Are you okay?" I asked with concern. He walked in, taking off his shoes and wet jacket.

"My mom locked me out. Do you mind if I wait here?" He said. He looked cold, wet, and tired so I invited him in to stay. I felt so bad.

"Did she do it on purpose?" I sighed with more concern. I lead him up the stairs and into my parent's room, trying to find a dry shirt and some pajama pants that belonged to my dad.

"Probably. I'm not sure with her," he complained. He confused me because Constance seemed nice enough. Though Moira told me that she was a vile cow, she appeared normal and warming. I didn't want to question Tate on his family issues. It wasn't my place. If he had problems with his mother then I should stay out of it.

"Well, you're welcome whenever you want," I said with a smile, throwing him a big t-shirt and some green pajama pants. He looked at me with the biggest smile I've seen on him yet. If he wasn't so wet and cold he would've hugged me. Then he began to strip, taking his shirt off first. My face burned with blood and my eyes grew wide. This was uncomfortable for me so I turned away. I could hear him giggling from behind me. In the back of my mind I pictured him wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into an embrace. I don't know why I thought that but it was a comforting thought that made my stomach drop and flutter. He didn't do that though. He just laughed at me.

"You can look," he said. I could hear the mockery in his voice,"I'm less naked now," I turned around with a shy smile. I was still blushing. "You're so cute," he complimented with a sweet smile and then embracing me in a hug. It was the first hug that Tate has ever given me. I didn't know what to do but wrap my arms around him. Thankfully, he was fully clothed. I don't know how I would react if he was shirtless. When we finally let go I saw that my dad's clothes look like blankets on him. The shirt hung at his knees and the pants made a little pale on fabric when the bottom touched the floor.

"I'm sorry," I muttered in a shy tone. I had reverted back to my turtle shell.

"Don't be. I would've done the same if you randomly started taking off clothes," Tate smiled at me, still poking fun at me. He ruffled up my straightened hair with his hand and chuckled. I smiled slightly, giggling with him. He took my hand and gently lead me out of my parent's room. "Show me the house," he said. I don't why but I lost my breath when his hand touched mine. Maybe it was because his skin was so cold from the rain. But I felt my heart beat out of my chest when his dark eyes met my icy blues for another time. It startled me. Tate seemed to do that. In way he scared me but it excited me too. I could feel the chills and butterflies whenever I was in his presence. I hoped that I could get use to it, but it was hard to tell. I liked the feeling and I didn't want to cast it a side anytime soon. In a way I felt pathetic. He possessed my mind without even knowing it. I hate it but didn't want to let go. My heart hoped that this random friendship and closeness would blossom into something beautiful. Every girl wants that, right? He lead me through the house and never let go of my hand.