Status: I'll update more chapters if you comment... ;)

My Arranged Marriage to John O'Callaghan

Chapter One

Chapter one

Emily Lovisa sat on her couch, watching intensely at the television, it was the recording of her dance competition from 3 weeks ago. She was watching as her salsa piece came on, which she and Nikko (her dance partner and cousin) had won first place. Her mother had placed her in dance classes since she was three but with her Spanish background dancing was always in the family so it was like second nature. But when she was five she was in dance class and in music class. Needless to say her childhood was busy, she didn’t mind too much though because now she’s a great performer and could play five different instruments, but even with all this her passion was to help people.
“Emily...” her mother said softly, making Emily jump not having noticed her mother’s presence.
“Yes mama?” she asked as she stopped the recording.
“Do you remember when you were seventeen and you said that you wished parents could just pick their children’s boyfriends or husband, because it would make life so much easier?” Emily chuckled,
“Yes I remember that was because of my break up with Blake Sanders, he was my first boyfriend after all,” Emily cringed at the memory of Blake, deranged, violent, creepy Blake.
“What if I told you I thought that it’s a brilliant idea and... I worked on it?” her mum said cautiously.
“Ugh... okay? But what do you mean exactly by ‘worked on it’? Mother did you find me a husband?” Emily joked and her mother blanched.
“I...I well Emily” her mother stuttered,
“Oh lord, you did, didn’t you?” Emily whispered wide eyed.
“Yes... it’s a really nice family Emily and they have a son and he’s only 2 years older than you...” her mother begged her to understand. Emily was never one to give into unreasonable fits or yell for no reason.
“Okay mama its fine, don’t worry about it...I’m just ugh, shocked,” Emily said softly and her mother hugged her.
“You’re amazing, I know you’ll love them Emily and they’ll love you.” her mother sobbed.
“What’s his name?”
“John Cornelius, but you’ll find out everything when you get there”
“What on earth do you mean by ‘get there’?” Emily said in a confused voice,
“You’re moving to Arizona?” her mother said it was much more of a question.
“Are you daft!? I can’t move there!” Emily said incredulously,
“Emily don’t be difficult, you’re 20 years old and all you do is compete in dancing, teach kids how to play music instruments and how to sing, plus you’re in a Band and you study like a maniac in University with no boyfriends on the horizon because you’re too busy and if you did you would probably pick a jerk like that Sanders kid, so don’t argue with me.” Her mother said tersely making Emily shut up at once.
“Thanks for your confidence in me mama, “Emily said dryly,
“So when are you sending me there then?” Emily asked she was fairly mad that she had to leave everything, her students, best friend, her family, her band, her dancing and University!
“2 days, but Mel and I are coming with you to drop you off”
“I can’t believe this mother... You, who always told me to never rely on men after what the man called ‘my father’ did to us and now you’re marrying me off to a stranger,” Emily said disbelieving, “You know what, I need air; I’ll be at Talia’s house.”

Talia's house

“Millie, what do I owe this visit?” Talia said happily, Talia had been her best friend since they were in diapers as well as Gibby, who they had lost all contact with after they graduated High school. But before that the trio had been inseparable, who knows where Gibby is today...
“I am the bearer of bad news Talia...” Emily replied dramatically feeling miserable,
“Uh- oh okay but you won that competition! Oh not related okay well, before the bad news I want to show you a new band that I am head over heels in love with” Always count on Talia to say the random things.
“Okay go ahead, I could use some cheering up.” Emily said throwing herself on Talia’s comfortable bed, while the music started, music had always been something that she could get lost in, and it could always cheer her up on the worst days.
“Wow this band is really good, who are they?” Emily asked Talia, who had a dreamy look on her face,
“I would definitely marry this man’s voice if I had to.” Emily said laughing,
“The song is called ‘Inside of you’ by The Maine, but most importantly this gorgeous voice belongs to John O’Callaghan...” Talia sighed, John that name made Emily’s stomach drop as she remembered why she was here,
“Want to see a picture!?” Talia jumped off the bed before Emily answered, on her desktop popped the photo of a very handsome looking guy.
“He looks awfully Handsome Tay, but we need to talk... I’m getting married” Emily said, Talia’s forehead was creased as she processed the information. 5,4,3,2, Emily counted, 1.
“WHAT!?” Talia yelled, there we go Emily shook her head laughing.
“I, Emily Marie Lovisa am getting married to a man named John” Emily spoke slowly,
“WHAT? HOW? WHEN? HUH?” Talia yelled.
“Mama arranged a marriage and I am moving...”
“Oh! The hell you are! Nuh-uh I don’t think so woman! Gibby left us and now you’re leaving me, Oh my god what about our band ‘the dream team’!?” Talia said in a space of a minute, the mention of their band really struck a raw nerve ‘The Dream Team’ her and Tay had been playing together for as long as she could remember, it wasn’t fair to leave all of it.
“...To Arizona and I promise the Dream Team won’t die we just have to do long distance compositions, it can work!” Emily finished the sentence and Talia stared wide eyed, Emily pushed her thigh length black curly hair over her shoulder.
“John...Arizona?” Talia said and flew to the computer,
“You’re marrying my future husband!?” Talia yelled and Emily thought her friend had lost her marbles,
“What the heck are you talking about? And I thought Nikko was your future husband?” Emily asked confused, also Talia always had the biggest crush on Emily’s cousin.
“The Maine, lead singer John lives in Arizona! And Nikko never sees me that way...”
“Seriously Tay? There’s bound to be more than one John in Arizona!”
“What part are you going to live in?”
“Uhhh Tempe, I think it’s called” Emily said unsure,
“THE HELL IT IS! THAT’S WHERE HE LIVES!”
“More than one John in this world plus, my fiancée’s last name is Cornelius...I think”
“Emily Cornelius, weird” Talia smiled.
“Well I have to go pack I’m leaving in 2 days” Emily sighed loudly,
“OH MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS!?” Talia yelled,
“Please Talia have compassion for my poor ears” Emily mused but smiled sadly,
“You can’t leave Millie, please don’t be like Gibby I’d slap that boy if I could” Tay said dejectedly,
“I have to Tay so this is bye- bye, I’ll miss you! We have to Skype, Text and call each other every day promise?”
“Promise, I better be your maid of honor!” Talia sobbed while hugging her best friend for the last time.
“I wouldn’t have it any other way Tay” They both hugged each other for what seemed like forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! new story give it a shot please
it gets better i promise!
comment? Befriend? subscribe?

Emmeline xx