Status: I'll update more chapters if you comment... ;)

My Arranged Marriage to John O'Callaghan

Chapter Twenty- Three

My heart will go on, even if it’s without you.

Emily woke up with a start; she was shaking violently remembering the nightmare she had just endured; It had been the night when she was only 11 years old and she had heard her father’s drunken infuriated slur yelling in hatred at her mother, she had been hiding near the staircase until he said he was leaving, she had ran down begging him not to because Melissa needed him, the only thing he did was laugh at her and walk out of her life, out of her mother’s life and out of a 3 year old Melissa who had loved her father dearly. Soon the nightmare turned into Blake’s handsome face while she remembered the night he had almost killed her, yet the image of his sweet acts at the beginning of their relationship were taunting her; how he would hold her hand and say she was beautiful...How he would act like she was the most precious thing in the world, at the time she had thought he was her knight in shining armour...But it was all an obnoxious act to lure her in. Then John’s sweet face had found its way into her nightmare but before it had gone anywhere she had woken up. Emily took a deep breath a sat up on the bed, being extra careful not to bother John from his seemingly peaceful slumber. Glancing at the alarm clock from her night table, she mentally groaned as she saw it was only 5 o’clock in the morning. She slid out of the bed sheets and went to the all too familiar window with the amazing view, as she sat down on the cushion bench and glanced back towards the bed where a certain tall lanky green eyed boy had found his way into her heart. Yup, Emily admitted to herself she was falling for John and he thought of her as a friend. Just like her nightmare which had played into her head she had to confess this was more of a reality than a fantasy. Looking out the window, Emily noted how the luminescent moon was now drawing more and more transparent as dawn arrived bringing with it the mesmerising shade of orange, yellow. Her mother used to say that the most beautiful things in the world was not what men created but it was what was created before mankind; the sky with its fascinating qualities to completely obliterate the troubles in one’s mind just for a little while replacing it with an awestruck inspiring notion of beauty.
Emily felt her eyes water yet again, if only she could stop feeling this way…If only she could prevent herself from falling for John, for she knew he would never love her and that would mean heartbreak.
Drawing her leg towards her chest she wrapped her arms around them and placed her chin on her knees, she felt as though she was creating a protective cocoon from the world, if only she could have created this cocoon around her heart to keep herself from John…perhaps she could? Emily kept her gaze on her left hand where the engagement ring glittered; maybe she could just leave? He wouldn’t look for her… that time he did at Austin’s house was probably to appease his parents, siblings and friends… She meant nothing to him. Maybe she could act coldly to him, discourage him from anything…But could she do so without hurting herself? She was awful at acting like a heartless ice queen. If only he could like me…She thought sadly, what did Carrie possess that she didn’t? What did Carrie do to truly captivate his heart like she did? Emily could not fathom it but if those were the type of girls John liked then no wonder he did not find her attractive in anyway or sense because she was the farthest thing from Carrie. Emily scolded herself, John was attractive, kind and famous but it wasn’t that which attracted Emily for she wasn’t as shallow as most, she liked and admired John for who he really was, she loved how he interacted with his brothers, annoyed his mother, the way his nose wrinkled when he didn’t like something or how he would smile that crooked smile of his when he was happy also she adored the way his eyes lit up when he spoke about his band. Emily realised that despite him not loving her, she would rather be a friend to him and stay close than be nothing at all…But could she bear it?
Now the sun began to fully rise, meaning a brand new day… Emily had a few more tears slip down her cheeks before she made her way to the wardrobe. Grabbing a spare change of clothes she entered the bathroom and jumped into the shower, when she got out her mouth dropped open when she saw her reflection; her eyes widen looking at the bruises on her neck and body. She grabbed her favourite hoodie that said ‘dream on dreamer’ then pulled on light blue denim shorts, and her light blue and grey supras that Talia had given her for her 21st birthday, grabbing her favourite charm bracelet that her baby sister gave her, Emily looked in the mirror and was satisfied because no one could see any of her bruises anymore for they were well hidden. Emily pulled her thick, long curly dark brown hair into a pony tail, checking the time which indicated 6 am, she glanced at John’s sleeping form and went out the door, she knew she needed time to think. Her short time to roam around Tempe only limited her to go around some places, so she decided to take the long walk to the park that Austin had taken her to. Half an hour later the park came into view and she sighed in relief, walking in this extremely hot Arizonian weather was nearly giving her a heat stroke. She found some shade underneath lots of trees which was surprisingly cool, she sat there for a while and stared at nothing for a minute or two, feeling the need to walk she stood up and as she did a strange feeling washed over her and she started hyperventilating, clutching her chest to where her heart was beating rapidly, her head swam in dizziness and confusion next her world went black.

Emily fainted in a park all alone, and when John woke up he had no idea where she went.

Emily’s outfit:

Emily’s oufit
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey drama, drama... i sure hope someone finds Emily or else... =S

Thanks to these gorgeous people:

rebel_lover
littlelion;
AlexAddictionb]
cityrockerfashion6
babygurl94512
blglover4
SexPanda

Love ya!! thanks for your comments!

Befriend? Subscribe? Comment?

<3 Emmeline XX