Conquering America

With Yellow Moonlight on Your Skin

Jacob howled all the wolves together and immediately set out to find Netanya and Billy. They didn’t care to be cautious. They ran through the reservation, across the freeways and into the forest, slamming down trees and clearing obvious paths the whole way. They followed Billy’s scent all the way to the territorial line near the home of the Cullen’s. All the wolves growled and howled while pacing back and forth behind it while Jacob locked gazes with Edward.

“What took you so long?” Edward joked, standing several feet in front of the monster Netanya transformed into.

Jacob howled; Edward read his mind.

“Billy is safe.”

The other wolves growled at Edward.

Edward rolled his eyes. “Are you all really going to start a war over your dad willingly running off?”

Jacob was ready to leap across and bite that leech’s head right off, but Bella suddenly appeared by Edward’s side saying, “A war? When so recently we all worked together?”

“Not between you and the wolves,” a voice, so deep, so horrid, so ground shaking and powerful ripped out of Netanya. Bella stepped back and looked at the huge creature that Netanya was. Edward stepped in front of Bella while the wolves stepped back from Jacob. Netanya did a three-sixty turn, spinning back to the front with Billy in her grasp. He looked so small compared to her colossal paw-hands. Her mostly wolf-like face grinned directly at Jacob, “Not a war at all. You can’t have a war without first being equals.” Netanya tossed an astoundingly peaceful Billy into the air and caught him in her mouth. He rested between her jaws before she sunk her teeth into his torso and, oddly, set him gently onto the ground.

All the wolves growled.

Jacob howled with rage and sprung to attack her, but she easily grabbed him and tossed him deep into the trees. The other wolves crouched and growled, ready to spring all at once, but quickly changed their tunes to quivering when Netanya let out the loudest, roar-like howl they’ve ever heard. The trees behind them shook so much that the closest ones were ripped out of the ground, their roots blowing back with the rest of the wind. The rest of the vampires raced out of the Cullen home; Rosalie could been seen in the corner of a window, protecting Renesmee.

Jacob rushed out of the woods; his injuries were clear, but nothing too immobilizing. He crouched and growled while Edward spoke for him. “You think a nasty growl is going to scare us?”

Netanya laughed – a chilling force in itself. “The howl? No. But what follows should.”

She grinned while the idea hit them all. What could such a huge, monstrous, powerful creature be calling?

Jacob didn’t care. To die for his father’s revenge would be his greatest honor – as wolf, as alpha, as his son. Jacob leaped straight for Netanya’s throat just as Billy stood up, on his own two feet. Jacob’s eyes widened with horror; Bella rushed and slammed him out of the way before he would have slammed into his father and killed him. Bella and Jacob slid far and deep in the damp dirt. Netanya walked over to them, flinging Bella back toward the other vampires. With one, mighty hand, she picked up Jacob and held him in front of the moon. Bella rushed back, being the fastest, strongest, and most passionate with her own human blood still in her dead veins. Without looking away from Jacob, Netanya grabbed her with her free hand. Edward ran to her side; Netanya turned her body and roared right in his face, blasting him back and almost cracking his body to pieces from the mere sound.

Billy panted, full of fear and awe. He looked back at the pack and at the vampires to say, “A true alpha has no predator. Not even death is permanent.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but important. Please leave a review/comment!