Sequel: Therapy
Status: prequel!!!

Forget About It

john cornelius o'callaghan

“John Cornelius O’Callaghan,” he held out his hand, well John held out his hand. It’s not that I stalked him or have met him before, but I do listen to his music and I do know what he looks like.

“Kasey,” I choked out and shook his hand, “Kasey Marie.”

“It’s nice to meet you,” his perfect voice chuckled.

“Likewise. So is the Maine finally playing a show in Germany? I mean it’s about time.” I babbled out smiling.

John looked startled: “You know my band?”

I let out a nervous laugh; I hope he won’t get freaked out!

“Yes, I mean when I still lived in America I went to one of your concerts before, well actually All Time Low’s first headlining tour and you guys were playing and well…” I shall go just with honesty – “I fell in love with your voice that night. I’ve been listening to your music ever since.”

I blushed in embarrassment; why do I always ramble on random shit? He’s a rockstar – why am I telling him this?

“That’s why you speak fluent English! So why’d you move to Germany?”

Conversation was made so easy somehow. “Long story short: Dad decided to move.”

“That’s exciting and yes, we finally made it overseas!”

“Too bad I didn’t even know! I would have been here.”

“But you are here.” He laughed.

“Oh, I’m just getting sound cables for the Blue Shell next door. My friend’s playing there tonight and Ian the owner wanted me to go ask Mark for some. That reminds me, I need to go find him.”

His face expression changed immediately, which made me regret what I said. I wanted to stay and watch him, why did I fuck this chance up? Stupid, stupid, stupid!

“Alright, well-“ John looked at the ground before meeting my gaze again, “It was nice to meet you Kasey.”

My heart fluttered as he remembered my name. It sounded perfect when he said it. Wow, I’m so fucking cheesy!

“Same John. Good luck tonight, actually maybe I’ll stop by later if I can ninja-skill my way through the back door; what time do you guys go on?”

“Really?” A smile appeared on his perfect face, “We play at eight.”

“Well then, I hope I can still get in through Mark and then I will be here, considering Simon won’t go on until eleven or so. Plus I’ve seen him plenty of times!”

“It’s sold out.” Mark ruffled my hair from behind.

“Marky!” I yelled and hugged him.

Mark lifted me off the ground, “Hey Kase!”

“So, no chance I’ll be seeing the show tonight?”

“Completely not,” Mark looked at me all-serious, but I heard the sarcasm dropping with every word.

“Really?” I completely forgot about John standing behind me, “Is there no chance?”

“Mark is just being a sarcastic asshole,” I laughed, spinning around.

“Watch it lady or you will not have the chance to see five of your idols play.”

“We’re your idols?” John raised his eyebrows with a smirk.

“Oh yes, she’s got like pictures of you guys everywhere.” Mark chuckled.

“Shut it, I do not. I have a poster and there’s nothing wrong with it. Plus how come you didn’t tell me The Maine was playing Luxor tonight?”

Mark shrugged, “I have to go get shit settled. What do you want from me?”

“Shit, I need sound cables, three, Ian’s are broken.”

“Urgh, yes hold on.”

I nodded and turned to John, “So I’ll be here around eight, deal?”

“I couldn’t be happier, hey!” He pulled something out of his pants, “Can I have your number?”

Njdsohfgrednbgjdfhgsiodng – JOHN OH SAY WHAT? I blushed and my hands began to nervously shake. You would think that after meeting so many cool dudes in bands I would be fine, but I had to correct my number four times typing it into John’s phone.

“I’ll see you later,” John hugged me and with that vanished right when Mark returned.

“Thanks, later.” I smirked and walked towards the back door.

Mark followed. “I’ve never seen you this nervous,” he whispered.

I hit him hard and basically skipped back to the Blue Shell.

--------

I was sorting through the merch and set it up neatly at the little circular table, getting lost in listening to some band sound check when my phone vibrated against my leg.

From Unkown: Meet me at the back entrance so we can start :)

I smiled to myself and skipped over to Alex.

"Hey, I'm going to go watch The Maine perform, kay?"

"The dude you just met?" Simon asked with raised eyebrows.

"Yes," I tried to smile not too widely.

“Are you sure that’s a smart idea, you don’t know them and-“

“I’m not ten Simon,” I sighed, “I’ll be next door and Mark’s there.”

“Alright, well text me when they’re done and such.”

I pulled a thumbs up and skipped to the Luxor. It was basically swept empty outside except three security guys and John.

“Hey,” he hugged me.

“I thought you guys are about to go on stage.”

“Not quite yet,” he pulled me along towards the back entrance, “the pre band’s still playing, but they should be done in fifteen.”

“Are you excited? Nervous?”

“No, yes.”

I laughed, “I bet it’ll be fine. It's not like you've perfomed a thousand times."

"Yeah, but never in Germany." He looked at me while we stood by the door that would lead to the floor.

"Really?" I pointed a finger at him, "Stop being a pussy and sing as you guys always do."

"Fine, a hug for good luck?"

I shook my head in disbelieve and hugged him. John vanished in the backstage area, while I walked out to the floor and went to the bar and met up with Mark.