Sequel: Therapy
Status: prequel!!!

Forget About It

sneaking around

Jack's P.O.V.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Matt screamed at me, “You have a show and you just disappear for two hours with a random girl?”

“She’s not some random girl,” I replied as calmly as I could, while pulling on a new shirt in the empty dressing room. The guys were probably already cabled up and waiting for me.

“You never go out with random girls before shows,” Matt argued while he threw a pair of jeans at me, rather aggressively.

Okay, I get why he was mad, we have to delay the entire concert back a half-hour.

“Well she’s not random,” I repeated while pointing at him and walked out the dressing room to get hooked up for tonight, with cables, "and she was definitely worth it."

Matt snickered and handed Dan the cables angrily. "Whatever Jack."

“Did you at least get her number?” Alex snickered.

“Yes,” I smiled all proud, “when she went to the bathroom I went through her phone.”

“You went through her phone?” Rian stopped drumming and turned to me, "That's really not trustworthy."

“Yes man,” I took my guitar from Dan, “I mean she – she’s different, she doesn’t want me, but she does.”

Alex, Rian and Zack looked at me quizzically. Dan was cabling everyone up, Matt and Colussy were running around to make everything work and Evan was doing last sound checks.

“Five minutes,” Matt called.

“She’s beautiful and mysterious,” I told them.

“Mysterious? Since when do you go for complicated?” Zack snickered at me.

“Thanks best friends,” I rolled my eyes, “maybe I’m too old for games.”

“Oh wa-wa! Jack Barakat wants to get serious,” Rian said and everyone burst out laughing.

“Just keep laughing,” I raised my eyebrows, “I’ll show you guys.”

“Jack is a romantic,” Alex clapped my back, “Unreal.”

I shook my head and stayed quiet until Matt called out that we were up.

Rian ran on stage first and the kids went crazy, then Zack ran up and new cheers erupted. They started a beat and Alex and I ran on stage together. The crowd went even more crazy, jumping, laughing, singing, and dancing with us. It made me alive, it gave me energy, it made me forget about everything else and it made me happier than anything.

We began playing through our regular set with some small changes, but nothing complicated or really new.

When we started our regular goofing around I saw her. I saw her beautiful figure sitting on one of the bar stools in the back of the venue. She caught me starring and waved, causing Zack and Alex to look at me with a glint that said nothing less than ‘you are being harassed all night’.

The song ended and I couldn't take my eyes of her.

"Jack get it together," Alex laughed through the microphone, "are you drunk again?"

At the sound of my name I snapped out of the trance, Alex again said something completely random into the mic and everyone just cheered. "You know I only love you when we're drunk." I joked back and remembered I had to change my guitars when Dan stood in front of me.

“Yo Dan,” I spoke away from the mic.

“What’s not working?”

“Douche,” I laughed, “Everything’s perfect, but tell Evan or Vinny to go meet that girl at the bar and try and keep her here as long as possible.”

“Is that the new chick?” Dan questioned while raising his eyebrows.

“Don’t ask questions,” I replied seriously, “just do what I say. I’m your boss, technically.”

“Fine, I’ll tell them.”

Kasey: 2 Jack: 3
♠ ♠ ♠
i know, i know. these chapters are written weird and short, but i hope you still stick with me.

leave like 3 comments, feedback!

i really want to know what your thoughts are on it! :D

xo

p.s.: i'm updating this more often now! PROMISE!