Jealousy is Deadly

Marie

I was starting to grow sick with the way my ex-husband looked at that girl. I contemplated throwing in a couple words but decided it would be best if I held my tongue—I would find better to do.

When a scream is let out, I notice she’s running. I follow her—not too close, and not too far. She rushes into a room slamming the door behind her and I take note of the location, knowing I’d be going there very soon.

Two hours have passed and it’s pushing midnight. I grab the two knifes I managed to sneak into the castle with and travel one floor down and seven rooms over. I find it’s unlocked and slowly pushed open the door. She’s writing in her journal. Before she can think, I’m coming at her full speed where I forcefully shove the knife into her heart.

I know Kasey will come looking for her soon. I make a small resting place behind the door where I stay several more minutes, waiting for him.

I hear footsteps and the door begins to open a little bit more. I hear a small gasp and can see that under the crack of the door his feet moving. This is my chance. I jump out from behind the door and quickly thrust the knife between his shoulder blades.

I back away, a smirk plastered on my face and head to my room where I would sleep for the first time since this morning. The clock chimes midnight, and I try to make it up the stairs, but I realize how weak and dizzy I am. I really need to sleep. But it’s when I collapse and can’t catch my breath is when I start to worry. I see little droplets of red on the carpet in front of me and panic. My nose is bleeding and I can’t stop coughing. I feel sick.

My breaths are short and can’t seem to bring in enough oxygen to fill my lungs. I slowly slip out of consciousness and take my last breath.