Status: One-shot

Blind Date

The Date

X♥X Treble's X♥X

It was a normal morning. Lounging around in my pajamas, staring out the window listening to the ocean waves. The usual. Even when my sister called it wasn't that big of a surprise. I was completely, and totally calm and relaxed.

“YOU WHAT?!” I screamed into the receiver. I really cannot believe she did this. She is insane, really.

She laughs nervously on her end. “Don't be so mad... He's a really great guy,” I could tell she was sincere in her idea, but I honestly hated these types of things.

“How long have you known him?” I asked, snappily. I don't mean to act like a totally b-word, but when it comes to blind dates, I refuse. Some psycho ax murderer? Yeah, no thanks.

“Well... You know my line of work,” she said simply.

My sister is a stylist for all kinds of bands. She designs outfits, does makeup, whatever. So this probably means he's some amount of famous.

“So? What about it?” I play dumb, hoping she'll accidentally let slip who he is.

“I met him there. That's all you need to know,”

“So you've known him for about... two days?” Knowing her, yes. Probably less, considering she hops around bands from time to time. Her favorites are the foreign ones, and sometimes she can't even speak their language.

“No!” she defends, “A little longer than that...”

“Whatever,” I roll my eyes at her absurdity.

“So that means yes. Great, I'll tell him.” I could practically see her evil smile, accompanying that evil cackle.

“Wait, no! That's not what I meant!” But she had already hung up.

I sighed. Being the sister of an eccentric, ego-maniac was not easy. But I love her anyway. She got me through more things than I can count. I just hope she didn't get me into something this time.

A few minutes later, my phone rang with a message from an unknown number. Of course, it's from him, and it includes details of our date. Not as many as I was hoping though...

<<Treble,

Just wear something cute and comfortable! I'll take care of the rest. I'll meet you on the pier at eight tonight. Can't wait!

Love,
Your secret lover ;)>>

I can't help but laugh at his sign off. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad... I'm pretty sure this guy would have already been caught if he were a psycho killer, considering he's famous and all.

At least, I'm assuming he's famous. She would have just said it was a coworker if he wasn't. Unless she wanted me to think he was famous, and then disappoint me when he's not. But then, if she wanted me to keep dating him, she wouldn't get my hopes up like that, only to crush them. I'd end up hating the guy.

Oh, boy. There I go again, over analyzing... This day will be fun.

~*|~*|~*|~*|

Six o'clock rolls around and I still can't decide what to wear. He should have told me more of what we were doing... Will we stay outside on the beach? I should bring a jacket... Will we go into the cinema across the road and watch a movie? I should wear my hair up...

I give up. Seriously, could this guy be more specific? Kay thanks.

<<Hey dumbass,

Could you tell me what we're doing? That would be fan-fucking-tastic.

Treble.>>

Okay, so that was a little harsh. But I figure this guy should know what he's getting into. Plus it's not like I really want to go on this stupid date. Maybe that will scare him off...

Almost immediately, I get a reply.

<<That wasn't very nice :( But we will be staying outside so you should bring something warm for the night.>>

Great. One problem solved. I wonder if this guy could help me with the stockpile holed up in my closest too.

Since it's already seven, I throw a simple outfit on my bed and sit down at the vanity table to do my makeup. This is one thing my sister taught me to do pretty well. I can completely transform my face, if I really wanted to. But I so did not want to work as a stylist, like she suggested. Because then she'd insist we work together every time she hopped around bands.

Not that I don't want to meet tons of famous singers...

I yelp as I lose concentration and poke myself in the eye with my eyeliner. It starts to water and I have to start over again.

Finally, with several minutes to spare, I am putting on my shoes. My outfit consisted of tight, dark skinny jeans, a white, flowy, tank top, a dark purple Aeropostale hoodie, and a pair of black moccasins. I observed that my socks actually matched today. Weird.

I grab my purse and hope he meant the pier by my house.

X♥X Taemin's X♥X

“Hey,” Viola said casually, sitting down beside me. She stressed it was VEE-OLA, like the instrument, when I first met her. She's pretty cool, I guess. For a stylist.

“Hi,” I say warmly, going back to the mirror. She was kind of annoying sometimes.

“What are you even doing?” She asks, curious.

“I'm trying to hypnotize myself,” I answer. Though it's true and I do this quite often, she laughs at me.

I look up at her with a serious face, and she falters, “Oh... you weren't kidding,”

I smile at her, “What did you come here for?” I ask nicely, not trying to sound rude.

She frowns, “I just wanted to ask you a question...” She says, a little hurt.

I feel bad... I was kind of short with her. I sigh, “I'm sorry. What do you need?”

“I just wanted to know if you'd go on a date with my sister!” she bubbles cutely. I guess she could be okay sometimes... I don't know, I've only known her for a few weeks, but she's so easy going and talkative.

“Is she anything like you?” Hopefully she didn't take that one the wrong way. I really meant it as neutral. But, knowing her, she took it as a compliment, because she's conceited.

“Sadly, no. We're complete opposites.”

I ponder this for a moment. Nothing alike, huh? There are a thousand ways they could be different... Which is good, in some cases, but bad in the others.

“Still, no,” I dismiss.

“Aw, are you too upset we don't act the same? I'm touched,” she flutters her eyelashes and places her hand on my knee. Jeez, girls are so touchy.

Or maybe it's just this one.

“It's not that, I just don't like blind dates.” I admit. I don't like any dates, but let's not go there.

“Alright,” she sighs, reaching for her wallet, “Here's a picture. Now it's not blind. And her name is Treble,”

I study the face in the picture. It was a class picture, dated for a few years ago. She had a huge, beautiful smile and long, dark, curly hair framing her face.

“Sorry, but still, no,” I reject. She was very pretty, but I still don't want to go on a date with her so suddenly. It's just weird, if you don't know the person first. Plus awkward...

“Well, you're in trouble, then,” She tosses something on my lap, “Found your phone, by the way,” With a devilish smirk and a sly wink, she flounces out the door.

She did not just do that. Really? I go to my text messages, and sure enough, there's a file for someone named 'Treble'. She must of put her in my phone, too.

I sigh. Where am I meeting her?

~*|~*|~*|~*|

So that left about thirty minutes to dress and get to our meeting place. Viola said she'd drive me to the pier she knew Treble would go to. I throw on an outfit in five minutes and meet Viola outside the room.

“Let's go,” She says, linking arms and hopping down the stairs.

Ah, so energetic. This noona is crazy.

After a really weird car ride (I prefer not to recall the details), the ocean is in sight.

“Alright, here's where you get off. Just keep walking and it's the first pier. Have fun!” She starts to drive away.

“Wait!” I yell, as she stops, “What are we doing on this date?”

“Oh, yeah. I got something prepared. Just take her on a walk that way,” She points behind her, “A real slow one, and you'll see it eventually,” She winks and yells another farewell out the window as she speeds away.

Yeah. Definitely crazy.

Sighing, I walk down the slight hill that leads to the pier. At least I assume so. It's what was implied. I think I can make out the shape of it... it's pretty long, I think.

I brace myself for Treble. Reading the text she supposedly sent me, she's not a happy camper. And she uses colorful languages Key Umma normally keeps me away from. Still, she sounds fun. She did make me laugh... That's something, right?

Wondering exactly what Viola prepared for out date, I trek the last small part down the small hill and onto the sand. It's quite beautiful down here; the sand has black and gold flecks in it. I'm sure in the sunlight it shimmers like a night full of stars.

Coming up on the beach, I see a silhouette of someone sitting on the edge. I assume it's Treble; who else would be out here on this chilly night?

Just from this distance, I can tell she's changed a lot since the picture I saw of her. She looks a lot slimmer, even with a hoodie on. The set of her shoulders seems more mature, closed off, even. It leads me to wonder what happened between now and then that caused this.

With no spectacular presentation in mind, I silently sit beside her. Saying something first probably would have scared her. I don't want her falling in the ocean.

“Hey,” she says, not bothering to look at me.

“Hello,” I reply, formally, happily. She's put off by this and shoots me an odd look.

“We're on a date and you're being polite to me?” she asks, appalled.

I pause, thinking. That's right, right? “...Yeah,” I say slowly, still second guessing.

“Huh,” she says, thoughtfully. Uh oh, did I do something wrong? Weird? Was I supposed to be rude?

Great, I can't even decipher this girl enough to know what her first impression of me is. This girl is too troublesome.

We sit in silence and I study her some more. Her hair is a lot darker now, with gnashes of color through the strands. Her cheeks are slimmer and her eyes dimmer, a dingy green weighed down by a sadness unseen. They were so bright in the picture.

“So what are we doing on this date?” she asks after a long, long, silence.

I freeze momentarily. That's a good question, “It's a surprise,” I say sneakily.

“Whatever,” she dismisses coldly. Jeez, I don't mean to be rude, but why did her sister make us go on this date? I'm almost positive we have nothing in common, and even if we did, she won't let me get close enough to find out.

“So...” I start, “What do you do? You know, like a job,” I ask awkwardly.

“I work at the gas station,” she says simply. She's impossible... giving only what's necessary. How am I supposed to get to know her if she refuses to let me?

“So... you've always aspired to be a gas station worker?” I work hard to keep the sass out of my tone.

“No,” she admits, a hint of a smile in the voice, “I'm going to college, too. I've always wanted to be a fashion designer...”

“That's cool,” I say warmly, “So you're an artist?”

She nods, “Yeah, a bit. The only thing I'm good at drawing is clothes, though,” she laughs slightly, “I pretty much blow at everything else,”

“You think so?” I ask.

“Oh yeah,” she says. And before I can say anything else, which I am grateful for, she speaks up and switches the spotlight on me, “So what do you do, then?”

“I'm in the K-pop band called SHINee,” I answer simply, “Lee Taemin,” I add, remembering she never caught my name.

“Lee is your family name right?” she gets up and starts walking back up the pier, “Since you're Asian and all...”

I was about to answer positively until she burst out with apology, “I'm sorry! That sounded a little racist! I mean... Korean people put their family name first, right? I didn't mean for it to come out like that,”

I laugh, “No, it's okay. I honestly didn't see anything wrong with it,” I laugh some more at her blushing and flustered face. Girls always look so cute when they're embarrassed.

“Well, people around here normally get offended when you say stuff like that...” she defends.

“To answer your question, yes, Lee is my family name,” I head in the direction Viola told me to and just go with it. We get to talking about everything under the sun, and anything below the waves. She's not as standoffish as she was before, but I could tell she was still closed off, still hiding something.

As long as she feels comfortable around me, I'm not complaining.

I was staring intently at her, walking straight still, listening to her story. I wasn't looking ahead at all, but when she stopped and stared, awestruck, I decided to turn my head and look ahead.

This has to be Viola's doing. Speak of the devil, she texted me. I quickly look at it while Treble is distracted; it's technically rude to be on your phone on a date.

<<The show starts in five minutes! GET TO THE GAZEBO!!! And yes, you may take all the credit ;)>>

X♥X Treble's X♥X

I stop and stare, absolutely surprised in every sense of the word. The gazebo I used to play in as a kid was decorated with all kinds of lights and sparkles. Decorations hung from the pillars and two chairs were placed in the center. I look at Taemin, who just smiled at me.

I slowly walked over, still in awe and looked up at the ceiling. Light blues and pinks sparkled all around, reminding me of the winter I've always dreamed of.

I turned around, tears shining in my eyes from the beautiful sight, just as Taemin walked under the roof, “Did you do all this?” I ask in disbelief.

“Ah, I had a little help from a friend...” I say, semi-honestly.

Part of me wants to throw my arms around him, but the majority says no, keep him at a distance. Instead, I just say a sincere 'thank you'.

He is really fun, and great to be around, but I literally just met him. Even an amazing thing like this can't make me change the rules on dating. I'm a little afraid... Taemin has seen more of my true self than even my sister has.

But that's not really saying anything... Viola's seriously screwed up...

I think I want to marry this guy.

“Ah, let's sit down,” Taemin suggests, “There's the real surprise coming up in a few minutes,”

There's more? I don't think I could take it...

I sit in the comfortable chair, enjoying the familiar view. I've been coming to this spot since I was a little girl; and I spent most of my teenage years in this particular position, staring out at the waves and the palms trees from dusk till dawn some days. So familiar, yet I seem to find new things about it every time I come here. It's always changed; yet it's always been the same. I feel this particular view is a lot like people. Only not as confusing.

Just then, as I was pondering the wonders of life, a little spark shoots up from the beach, exploding into thousands of purple light streams falling to the ocean. Then another, green and just as big, another, blue, white, pink, on and on and on.

The crescendo was building and I looked over at Taemin, a huge smile on his face, illuminated by the various colors and sparks that lit the night sky.

“How did you know?” I ask quietly. I wasn't even sure he heard me.

“Know what?” he whispers, looking down into my eyes.

“This spot... The fireworks...”

“What about them?” he asks.

“My real dad took me over here once for my birthday and put on a fireworks show. It's my best memory of childhood,” I admit.

“Then I did good?” he asked, an adorable smile on his face and a hopeful look in his eye.

“Yes,” I smile wide and sincere, “You did very good,”

And I broke a rule. But and that moment, I didn't care. I wrapped my arms around his neck; and kissed him on the first date.

And a giant pink heart lit up in the sky, fading among the stars.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I know I'm supposed to be working on other things...
Ke ke ke...

This had a super cheesy ending that's okay to laugh at. I laughed super hard rereading it... So laugh all you want :) I kind of meant it to be that way...

Here's that polyvore dilly I was talking about: http://www.polyvore.com/free_maine/set?id=39693001
And the contest it was for: http://www.polyvore.com/blind_date/contest.show?id=305954

:) I love you <3 Have fun reading... other stories! Boy I haven't done this in a while...