Say It One More Time

Decisions...

As I awoke I heard my name being called from downstairs. I looked over to my clock to see that I had slept for about 4 hours, it was now 5:30pm.
I figured that I was being called down for tea, so groggily, I dragged myself out of bed and found some pyjamas to wear to make me decent. I pulled out my Batman ones that Lyndsey had shipped over for me for my birthday. They always comforted me.
I made my way downstairs, the smell of pizzas and garlic bread wafted through the house making me give a small smile.

“Hey mummy, daddy” I said to get their attention. I could tell that they had been talking seriously about what to do, I could see it in their eyes, the stress, the worry… The pain…
Mum turned to look at me and smiled before handing me the teapot to out on the table.
“Here you go baby girl” dad said giving me my plate, which I took willingly to the table after saying thank you.

“So…” I started when mum and dad had joined me at the table, “Have you had any ideas?” I asked, getting straight to the point. I saw mums gaze shift uneasily to dad, indicating that she wanted him to talk. I’m not going to lie, this was slightly worrying.

“Well, we’ve come up with two options…” he started, he cleared his throat and then continued, “The first, is to move you to another school here, and risk people knowing about your situation, seeing as your revenge trick has already made the local news…”
My eyes must have popped at this, “I’m sorry… I just had to vent my anger somehow…” I looked down into my lap, feeling the tears starting to prick at my eyes.
“Honey, we are not criticising what you did, he deserved a lot more than that” mum reassured me.
Dad continued “So then our second option…” he looked at mum at this point.
“Please just tell me daddy” I whispered,
“Ok… Well… You know your Aunty Laura over in America?” he was hesitant in saying this, “Well, your mum spoke to her earlier, asking her for some advice, and well… She’s offered to put you up”
I was speechless. I mean, leave my mum and dad behind, just to get away from some dick?
“But w…what about you two..?!” I stuttered in complete shock.
“Well, if you decided to go for this, staying with Laura would only be a temporary measure until we could either get transferred with work, or find new jobs. We wouldn’t just be shipping you off to never see you again. Unfortunately, we can’t just up and leave…” mum told me.
I sat completely motionless, not saying a word for about 10 minutes, no one pushed me to say anything.
“Do you mind if I think about it for a while..? I think I want to talk to Lynds about it…” I eventually managed to get out.
“Of course darling, you take your time” mum replied.
“Do you mind if I go now?” I hadn’t quite eaten everything, but I was in too much shock to really… Dad nodded before getting up to give me a hug. I didn’t realise that I had started crying until I pulled away and saw a wet patch on his shirt.
“Sorry daddy…” I mumbled before heading back up to my room slowly.

I powered up my computer, brushing my hair while I waited for it fully load and log me into everything.
Almost immediately, I heard the familiar pop up sound of MSN.

[Englishhh-xxxTOMMY♥] says: Hey girlll!! Long time no speak!

[JustAnotherReject] says: I knoww… I miss you sooo much!

[Englishhh-xxxTOMMY♥] says: Ok, what’s up?
[JustAnotherReject] says: It’s scary how psychic you are…

[Englishhh-xxxTOMMY♥] says: I know, now spit it out

[JustAnotherReject] says: Ok ok, chill… I was gonna tell you anyway, I need your advice…

I proceeded to tell her everything that she’d missed out on, right up to my next decision.

[Englishhh-xxxTOMMY♥] says: Jesus bloody Christ Rennie… Are you ok? I mean that is some seriously messed up shit… Although I like your revenge ;) And the whole learning to fight part…

[JustAnotherReject] says: Yeah, I’m as ok as I can be… But yeah, I just don’t know what to do… I mean, moving to frickin’ New Jersey, America? That’s a bit extreme isn’t it?

[Englishhh-xxxTOMMY♥] says: It is… But it would be quite an adventure, I know it has been for me moving half way across the world!

[JustAnotherReject] says: I know… But how do I know that it’ll be any better over there?

[Englishhh-xxxTOMMY♥] says: You don’t, but what have you got to lose? It’ll be just like moving to a new school, only you won’t have to worry about bumping into HIM at all. It’s a no brainer if you ask me..

[JustAnotherReject] says: You know… You make a very good point… Maybe this would be good for me…

[Englishhh-xxx♥] says: DO IT GIRL!!

[JustAnotherReject] says: Ok. I’ll do it. I’ll move to America. Wow… I better go tell mum and dad… I LOVE YOU! ♥

[Englishhh-xxx♥] says: YAY! I LOVE YOU TOO! GOOD LUCK! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I signed off and ran downstairs, almost colliding with dad at the bottom. “Woahh! Carefull there!” he warned with a grin on his face, “why the rush?”
“I’ve made my decision.” I told him, walking through to the living room, knowing that he would follow.

“Mum, dad, I’ve made my decision, I’m going to move. I spoke to Lynds, and she told me that although I can’t be sure that it’ll be different, it’ll pretty much be like moving school, only without having to worry about seeing him around. It makes sense… So yeah, I want to go.” Mum smiled at me, with tears in her eyes, picking up the phone and dialling Laura’s number to tell her the news.