Say It One More Time

Moving home!

It only took two weeks to arrange moving me to America. Unfortunately, due to work, mum and dad can’t fly with me, they won’t be coming out for another couple of months… That’s the hardest part of all this, although, I am looking forward to seeing my aunty and uncle, and my cousin Alicia. Alicia is a lot like me in some ways, although she’s a lot more outgoing, we’re the same age, but whenever people have seen us together, they always think that she’s older…
Lyndsey was so excited when I told her that we’d booked my flights and everything, and to be honest, so am I. I’m worried, but at least I know I’ll be able to defend myself this time if I need to.

I stepped off the plane into the warm sunshine, deciding to take off the hoodie that had been keeping me warm during the 7 hour flight. I gripped onto my hand luggage while I headed to the customs area. Eventually I got through to the baggage claim where I instantly spotted Alicia’s bright pink hair.

I quickly made my way over to her noting that my flight’s luggage would be coming through in 5 minutes.

“Hey Alicia!” I grinned as she turned round and squealed at me, enveloping me in a bone crushing hug.
“Yeah.. Breathe.. Can’t.. Ouch..”
“Sorry! I just haven’t seen you for so long! You look amazing!”
“Ha! Thanks” I replied, sarcasm dripping off my words.
“I’m not even kidding hun! Anyway, bags! I wanna get out of this place and show you round!”
“I cannot actually believe how excited you are Ally, you still go by Ally right?” we always called her Ally when we were younger.
She grinned at me again, “Of course I do!” I smiled at her before grabbing my bags off the carousel.
“Jesus! How many bags have you got?!” Ally laughed as I loaded the third case onto my trolley.
“Well if I’m moving here for good, I need all my stuff! This ain’t just a holiday” I smirked, feeling the happiest I have in a long time.
“I guess Laura and Scott are at work then?” I assumed from their absence
“You guessed right, you’re lucky you flew on a Saturday otherwise you’d be stranded here til like 4pm”
“Wow… That would’ve been boring… How are we getting back anyway?” I asked realising that neither of us were old enough to drive.
“Mom gave me some cash for a cab, aaannnddd it looks like we’re gonna have to flirt our way to the front of the queue for one…” she groaned whilst smirking as we exited the airport and saw that there was a huge queue for the taxis.

It didn’t take long for Ally to get us and all of my luggage into a taxi, and heading to what is now, I guess my home.

As we pulled up outside the house, I stared in amazement, it was so big! And definitely not the same house I used to visit as a kid.

“Since when do you guys live in a mansion?!” I practically squealed.

“Oh, just since mom and dad both got promotions, they earn a shit load of money now!” I have no idea how I’ve missed this information, but I’m really not complaining now.

“I’m just gonna get the cab driver to get the bags to the door” Ally said as I continued to stare. I briefly heard her saying something and offering a tip, I think, then he passed me carrying all of my bags at once. This man must be ridiculously strong…

“Thanks” I said to him as he returned to his car.

About half an hour later, we had managed to drag my bags up to my new room, which, by the way was huge!
I had a double bed set out with a red quilt and black pillow cases, the room had red and black walls to match, it was as if they were psychic and knew exactly what I like.

“So, this is your room, I hope you like it, I chose the colours for you” Ally grinned at me again “I’ll leave you to get settled in and unpacked and whatever”
“Thanks Ally” I hugged her “I love the colours!” she turned to leave, but then stopped, “Oh and that computer is yours too, there’s no password on it right now, so you can set it all up” and with that, she left.

The first thing I did was boot up the computer, I had to let Lynds know that I had arrived safely.
As I was waiting for it to load, I decided to call mum.
“Ally!” I shouted, hoping that she would hear me.
“Sup?!” was her response…
“Would I be able to phone my mum? To let her know I’m here safe and everything…”
“Yeah sure! The phone’s on the table in the hall, feel free to use it” so I headed downstairs and phoned home.
I don’t even know what time it is there…
I pulled out my mobile seeing that it said it was 1:15pm here, which means that it should be about 6:15pm back in England… Not too late to call… I smiled then rang.